Identified! NY - Staten Island, WhtFem 16-27, UP2689, scorpion tattoo, ring watch, dress, sneakers, Sep'91 - Christine Belusko

shoes were sold at k-mart for the most part, knock off of la gear.

adjacent to the lot where she was found are currently a lot of municipal mental health services and the Staten Island University Hospital

its also right by the bay and lots of green spaces.

wonder if LE interviewed nearby auto body shops? there is one nearby in particular that seems a little if-y.

shoes were sold at k-mart for the most part, knock off of la gear.

adjacent to the lot where she was found are currently a lot of municipal mental health services and the Staten Island University Hospital

its also right by the bay and lots of green spaces.

wonder if LE interviewed nearby auto body shops? there is one nearby in particular that seems a little if-y.

I had never heard of those shoes (I was only three when she was murdered) so I googled them. Here's a picture I found on google. Do these look the same as you remember?

user-image-1218516003.jpg

ETA: They were apparently popular in the 80's. Were people still wearing them in the early 90's too? Judging from her jewelry, she didn't seem poor. The website the picture is from says they sold for about $0.99. (Please, if anyone knows, correct me if I'm wrong about any of this - I couldn't find much info on the shoes). Why was she wearing nice chains, but really cheap shoes? The dress doesn't look 'cheap' either. About the ring, it's hard to say without seeing it in person. I don't know if anyone sold upscale ones, but I do remember as a kid trying to win them in those quarter machines.

Watch ring looks a lot like the Classic Seiko brand.

!BQ1FF3!BWk~$(KGrHgoOKjUEjlLmTEG6BJ66kPzipQ~~_1.JPG

wish i could read the top word on it. that would probably tell us where it was sold at. i tried to clean it up with photoshop, but could only really get s_____y. avon makes a similar style ring watch.

the jewelry, shoes, etc make me think mall rat, rebellious teen type.

wondering if they are guessing her age by bone or dental.

Awesome, how'd you get that....

FWIW this was jane's watch. didn't see genex there, but if you do...
photo.php

i might get my good old email fingers to work and email LE i think and see what the reports say :)

email sent as of now...hoping for a quick reply but you never know how long, it all just depends. So keep your fingers crossed

FWIW this was jane's watch. didn't see genex there, but if you do...
photo.php

looking at the top of the watch under the 12 it looks like the fish symbol for being a christian.

the s reminds me of speidel's logo s....

I hadn't been over to the UID board in awhile and did not realized this thread had gained some momentum. Pearly thanks for contacting LE! Let us know if you find anything.

I had never heard of those shoes (I was only three when she was murdered) so I googled them. Here's a picture I found on google. Do these look the same as you remember?

user-image-1218516003.jpg

ETA: They were apparently popular in the 80's. Were people still wearing them in the early 90's too? Judging from her jewelry, she didn't seem poor. The website the picture is from says they sold for about $0.99. (Please, if anyone knows, correct me if I'm wrong about any of this - I couldn't find much info on the shoes). Why was she wearing nice chains, but really cheap shoes? The dress doesn't look 'cheap' either. About the ring, it's hard to say without seeing it in person. I don't know if anyone sold upscale ones, but I do remember as a kid trying to win them in those quarter machines.

Could the shoes have possibly been part of a uniform? Sometimes if I bring clothes to change out of from work, I forget the shoes and end up wearing my heals. So if she was dressing up after work to go out, maybe she only had tennis shoes that she was required to wear to work and was on the way to grab her other shoes? Not sure...very interesting, though.

I hadn't been over to the UID board in awhile and did not realized this thread had gained some momentum. Pearly thanks for contacting LE! Let us know if you find anything.

No problem so far I haven't heard anything but when I do I will post on here :)

According to identifyus.org, she was found opposite of 777 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY, y'all can look around here: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&q=777%20Seaview%20Ave%2CStaten%20Island%2C%20NY&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl You may have to click on street map and then navigate, but here's a list of businesses at that address : Baltic Street Mental Health‎
Bpap Bridger Program‎
City of NY Dept of Education: P37 at South Beach Psychotherapy Center‎
Dr. Deva D. Alapati, MD‎
Dr. Paul H. Davis, MD‎
Mental Hygiene Legal Services‎
South Beach Addictions Treatment‎
South Beach Psychiatric Center‎
South Beach Psychiatric Center: Tricarico Joel F MD‎
South Richmond Outpatient Department‎
State of NY Office of Mental Health: South Beach Psychiatric Center‎
State of New York‎
State of New York Ofc of Mental Health: General Information‎
State of New York: Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services Ofc of-South‎
Staten Island Behavioral Network‎

So I am thinking that maybe she was a Nurse, Counselor or a Patient! Her dress could've been an over-sized top instead of a dress, the brand name on it was "Timely Trends" and that photo is not the actual dress, but a similar one! According to this: https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=2689&=10&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

A Scorpion is the Zodiac symbol of a Scorpio, so maybe that could narrow down the possible matches, ladies reported missing with birth-dates from October 23 to November 22....

kpdx: I believe Swatch made Finger watches, could that be it? I will look around and see if I can come up with that style and logo! It almost looks like the last letter swirls under the others. I also wonder if the logo melted some and ran....

hey madea-

when i checked out the location, i was wondering the same thing about a uniform and jane being a nurse. i think she has to have some connection to all the services nearby...when you look at the google satellite it doesn't make sense otherwise, with all the other vacant lot areas and green spaces around.

i was thinking about swatch, too...and wondering if the logo ran.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back