Identified! NY - Staten Island, WhtFem 16-27, UP2689, scorpion tattoo, ring watch, dress, sneakers, Sep'91 - Christine Belusko

I'm not sure if this has been said already, but the UID's face is almost identical to Christina Smith.

The listed heights are off by 1 or 2 inches. Christina has some sort of skin discoloration on her shoulder, but I think they could still definitely be the same person. Also, Christina's DNA has not yet been submitted, so it has not yet been compared to the decedent's in CODIS.

Christina would have been 26 at the time of the UID's death, so the time frame is consistent. There is a 7 year gap between her disappearance and the discovery of the body. I wonder if she could have traveled to New York and fell upon hard times, possibly becoming involved with prostitution and/or sketchy people.

I'm not sure if this has been said already, but the UID's face is almost identical to Christina Smith.

The listed heights are off by 1 or 2 inches. Christina has some sort of skin discoloration on her shoulder, but I think they could still definitely be the same person. Also, Christina's DNA has not yet been submitted, so it has not yet been compared to the decedent's in CODIS.

Christina would have been 26 at the time of the UID's death, so the time frame is consistent. There is a 7 year gap between her disappearance and the discovery of the body. I wonder if she could have traveled to New York and fell upon hard times, possibly becoming involved with prostitution and/or sketchy people.

Great find; I open a thread for her

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Venice-24-April-1984&p=13836790#post13836790

645UFNY.jpg

Doe Network link update

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/645ufny.html

645UFNY - Unidentified Female

cache.php
cache.php
cache.php
cache.php
cache.php

Reconstruction of the victim; sketch of tattoo; victim's clothing and jewelry.

Date of Discovery: September 19, 1991
Location of Discovery: Staten Island, Richmond County, New York
Estimated Date of Death: 1 day prior
State of Remains: Burned
Cause of Death: Homicide by beating

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 16-27 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair: Brown, medium length and curly
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scorpion tattoo on right buttock.

Identifiers

Dentals: Available. Tooth 18 has a porcelain fused to metal crown that was dislodged during examination. Possibly had braces in the past.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: A black, knit type, 3/4 length dress, with pink or fuchsia colored collar and pocket. White, size 8, low cut, Thom Mcann, Baloon sneakers. White bra, black, G-string panties with multicolored flowers.
Jewelry: 18 inch gold, herringbone necklace, 20 inch gold rope chain necklace, a ring that contained a small, watch face with a expandable band, possibly black in color.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery

The victim was located in a vacant lot on September 19, 1991. She was struck with a large hammer (body shop type). Her body was smoldering when found by a passerby. She was set afire with turpentine.
Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: New York County Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Patrick Savage
Agency Phone Number: 718-556-7122 or 212-447-2770
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: R91-00885; 58/08

NCIC Case Number: U519910873
NamUs Case Number: 2689

Information Source(s)

NamUs
FBI ViCap
NCMEC Case Map
D.I. Pat Savage

Dont Know I'd Andrea Jerri Ehite has been mentioned. She went missing in July 1991 and her birthday is Nov 4 which would make her horoscope sign a Scorpio .
I know that she went missing in California but stranger things have happened.
CA - Andrea Jerri White, 22, Humboldt, 31 July 1991

AJWhite.jpg

Andrea Jerri White
Missing since July 31, 1991 from Humboldt County, California
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: November 4, 1968
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 115 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Native female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: 5 inch scar on left side of temple.
    • Dentals: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Andrea White was last seen on July 31, 1991.

FWIW..
Symbolic Meaning Of A Scorpion Tattoo Plus 156 Amazing Designs
"Negativity Surrounding Scorpion Tattoos
Just as many religions see scorpions as bad omen, some meanings of the scorpion tattoo are negative. Here are some of what they could mean:

• HIV positive – It is said that in the gay community, those who wear scorpion tattoos are HIV positive.
  • Russian scorpion tattoo – There are those who believe that a Russian scorpion tattoo could indicate that someone has spent time in jail. Others also see this as a symbol of drug addiction. If the stinger is up, they say the wearer is still using drugs. If the stinger is down, the wearer has quit.
  • Cuban or Mexican gang – Apparently, if a Cuban or Mexican gang member is wearing a scorpion tattoo, it could mean they are enforcers or killers. It is believed that the number of squares that make up the tail is the total number of that person’s kills.
However, do not just assume these. It can be a meaning but it could also mean different things seeing as the scorpion is also a symbol for other things, most especially that of the Zodiac sign."

According to identifyus.org, she was found opposite of 777 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY, y'all can look around here: Google Maps You may have to click on street map and then navigate, but here's a list of businesses at that address : Baltic Street Mental Health‎
Bpap Bridger Program‎
City of NY Dept of Education: P37 at South Beach Psychotherapy Center‎
Dr. Deva D. Alapati, MD‎
Dr. Paul H. Davis, MD‎
Mental Hygiene Legal Services‎
South Beach Addictions Treatment‎
South Beach Psychiatric Center‎
South Beach Psychiatric Center: Tricarico Joel F MD‎
South Richmond Outpatient Department‎
State of NY Office of Mental Health: South Beach Psychiatric Center‎
State of New York‎
State of New York Ofc of Mental Health: General Information‎
State of New York: Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services Ofc of-South‎
Staten Island Behavioral Network‎

So I am thinking that maybe she was a Nurse, Counselor or a Patient! Her dress could've been an over-sized top instead of a dress, the brand name on it was "Timely Trends" and that photo is not the actual dress, but a similar one! According to this: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

A Scorpion is the Zodiac symbol of a Scorpio, so maybe that could narrow down the possible matches, ladies reported missing with birth-dates from October 23 to November 22....

Assuming all of these places were there in 1991, then I wonder if she was a patient. I think if she worked there and suddenly disappeared, someone would've reported her. But if she was a patient, there might be no record of her since some of these places, given the nature of the disorders they treat, might not necessarily require documentation. For example, they could've had a needle-exchange program as part of a "harm reduction" approach which, in order to work, depends on making participants feel they're in a safe, no-questions-asked environment.

I think the placement of the tattoo, on her right buttocks, makes it very personal—not exactly the best area to let others know you're part of a gang, for example. So I agree it could be her zodiac sign, but I didn't know about the Russian symbolism of addiction, and that would fit with the area of medical help she was found in.

Could you please circulate this thanks

upload_2019-8-17_14-55-37.png

Do you recognize Jane Doe? At the time of her death in September 1991, this white female was:

- 16 to 27 years of age
- 5 feet, 5 inches tall
- 120 lbs.
- Curly brown hair and brown eyes

Though her body was discovered in Staten Island, NY, she is believed to have resided elsewhere in the United States or possibly even internationally.

She had previously worn braces and had a porcelain fused to metal crown on her number 18 tooth. Also, she had a probable post-abduction, poor quality red and blue scorpion tattoo on her right buttock.

For more information, please visit Identifyingjanedoe.com.

If you have any information regarding the identify of Staten Island Jane Doe, please contact the Richmond County District Attorney’s Office at 718.876.6300.

I wonder why the tattoo is described as "post-abduction?" It really doesn't fit with this girl.
Nicely and relatively modestly dressed (clothing company based out of CA - not sure if it was widely distributed), quality looking jewelry, evidence of dental and orthodontic care.

eta: oops - just saw on a previous post that they did trace the dresses to nearby areas. I had never heard of this label. Looks like LE did some solid work on this one. So frustrating!

Last edited:
I wonder why the tattoo is described as "post-abduction?" It really doesn't fit with this girl.
Nicely and relatively modestly dressed (clothing company based out of CA - not sure if it was widely distributed), quality looking jewelry, evidence of dental and orthodontic care.

eta: oops - just saw on a previous post that they did trace the dresses to nearby areas. I had never heard of this label. Looks like LE did some solid work on this one. So frustrating!

I should mention that the "probable post-abduction" reference to the tattoo is simply my personal opinion. I believe it was forced or coerced.

I should mention that the "probable post-abduction" reference to the tattoo is simply my personal opinion. I believe it was forced or coerced.
Ahhh okay - gotcha. I can see why that would make sense, as it's so incongruent with the rest of her appearance.

So, first thing that happens when you google "Lloyd L." and Richmond, NY together, is a plumbing company's called "LLoyd L's". It's not a mechanic/automotive shop, but also odd that that's the first thing that pops up and has been in business since 1976, with THREE employees. The reports/articles also state that the police canvassed all the automechanics in the area, but what about other trades requiring such tools?

Also, if you look up the Lloyd L Plumbing business, (the only one by that name, and they do heating too, requiring many hammers/tools), you will notice the business address since 1976 is listed one a corner, that, if you google map, you'll see is LITERALLY six auto-mechanic shops on ONE corner. Link for reference: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Just TBC, I'm not saying this person is guilty of anything, or any employees, but what I am saying is that it's a possible thing to look into. If the hammer was used to strike her, it could be a possibility she was trying to protect herself, and whoever did this grabbed HER hammer? Like, maybe the hammer was nearby and belonged to a loved one and this could lead to that, or possibly someone who was involved, or maybe nothing....but it is a bit odd that it had been around like five years when she was murdered, pretty decently established, but also seemed like less of a shop and more of a contractor situation, what with three employees.
The address of the company is also registered here, a permitted home address they owned since 1965, less than one mile, a fourteen minute walk from the crime scene. Link here خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Lloyd L's plumbing (properties current business listing) is also about two hours from where her body was found, a straight shot up the highway, but exact opposite side of town. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I'm gonna explore this for a bit, but I also want to say that her Tattoo looks like it could have been done in-home or possibly in jail. I used to tattoo people who frequently wanted cover-ups from at-home stick n pokes and gang stuff, and they all have similar characteristics in lining/blotchiness, etc. Could have been done by a VCR, even back then this is very poorly done (no judgement) but I think maybe focusing on the hammer and other evidence in the case could lead to something more fruitful. Remember, not everyone knows about *advertiser censored* tattoos, they are often on the *advertiser censored* and hidden for a reason...so it may not be something people knew about her, and make people exclude someone by going, "oh no, it can't be so and so, she didn't have a butt tat". Maybe the tattoo isn't something as commonly known about a person, but a hammer with a carving...that seems trackable to me, esp with such initials and the internet at our disposal....

Last edited:

Tattoo described as post-abduction is interesting. "Scorpion" was a Cali cartel stamp... Used to mark bricks of cocaine. She could have been been a courier of sorts. Or maybe just a friend of a courier - who got caught up in a very bad deal.

Found this two profiles (Age, Height and Weight is ok) for this female UID

Missing Person / NamUs #MP18209
Carey Mae Parker, Female, White / Caucasian

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date of Last Contact
March 17, 1991
Missing From
Quinlan, Texas
Missing Age
23 Years
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP42348
Nadine Joyce Mendonca, Female, White / Caucasian

Date of Last Contact
July 12, 1991
Missing From
Fall River, Massachusetts
Missing Age
25 Years

Original

Last edited:

Exclusions. Looks like Carey Parker was added recently.

MP8048 Valarie Cuccia 05/04/1974 Kings NY
MP6466 Mary Opitz 01/16/1981 Lee FL
MP18209 Carey Parker 03/17/1991 Hunt TX
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL
MP28024 Christina Smith 04/24/1984 Los Angeles CA
MP20265 Valerie Smith 03/04/1981 Queens NY

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online