NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMQC-I don't remember if we've discussed this before, but when you and Sylvia shopped the afternoon immediately before her date and disappearance, was her mood "normal" for what you'd expect? Aside from the fact that she and her father weren't speaking, was she ok?

Thanks MMQC: It sounds dreadful.

I would agree with jmoose - if her father was known for grand standing with the hand stands at parties and her friends rolled their eyes along with her - no big deal.

Instead, I gather SL feels humiliated at her party in front of her Wagner friends - some of whom she may not have known that well? Perhaps had never been to her house before?

The BF/F is not there, or a part of the party, and her father creates a scene that causes her to create a scene -

I wonder if there were mutual friends of SL and her BF/F at the party and if the "buzz" about the fight afterwards got back to her - made her feel embarrassed, inferior, mortified.
-Or, if feedback got back to her through her BF/F? "So and so told me what happened and you did what to your father?" So and so thinks your father has issues.. etc...

IMO -The party's significance is in its close date (EOA) preceding her disappearance along with the fact that she is characterized as depressed on the PR.

That about sums up the entire evening.

Truly, I can't remember if he had any brother(s) at all. And back then when I was introduced to parents at engagement party, It was Mr. and Mrs. No first names were ever used.

Hope that clears that up.

OT-(Lol) parents had no first names; I don't like it when children call me by my first name! My husband and I still call our closest friend's mother "Mrs. Craven"

MMQC-I don't remember if we've discussed this before, but when you and Sylvia shopped the afternoon immediately before her date and disappearance, was her mood "normal" for what you'd expect? Aside from the fact that she and her father weren't speaking, was she ok?

She was out of sorts a bit but nothing that I would have worried about.
She was going home to get ready for a date. Anxious to be showered and ready by the time he got there to pick her up. We were running late. End of summer sales!

OT-(Lol) parents had no first names; I don't like it when children call me by my first name! My husband and I still call our closest friend's mother "Mrs. Craven"

If they were really close friends or cousins as old as our parents we called them Aunt and Uncle...

She was out of sorts a bit but nothing that I would have worried about.
She was going home to get ready for a date. Anxious to be showered and ready by the time he got there to pick her up. We were running late. End of summer sales!

Not suicidal then (forgive me for that).

Not suicidal then (forgive me for that).

I don't want to go there but I can see how it could be speculated, especially if she were really depressed. But nothing out of the day to day anxiety, especially since we were shopping the sales racks. Never enough time for that. I think it was the end of the season sidewalk sales coupled with the BTS shoppers. I can remember the mall being packed and parking in no-mans-land.

MMQC-I know you aren't a doctor, but I think you would know if her mood was heading that way-I don't think this happened, either; too hard to hide your own body. I have a relative who committed suicide, and there was no doubt that she wasn't right. I don't necessarily think that Eva meant clinically depressed when she indicated so at the police officer's question-who knows how he asked it.

MMQC-I know you aren't a doctor, but I think you would know if her mood was heading that way-I don't think this happened, either; too hard to hide your own body. I have a relative who committed suicide, and there was no doubt that she wasn't right. I don't necessarily think that Eva meant clinically depressed when she indicated so at the police officer's question-who knows how he asked it.

My thoughts on that are ...LE asked some questions and they determined that SL was depressed. I really don't think EL would come out and say that.

Did Sylvia normally carry a purse, and did she accessorize her clothing with other things like maybe scarfs? Besides her diamond did she cherish and wear any other rings, class ring maybe or other? Was her watch expensive?

Did Sylvia normally carry a purse, and did she accessorize her clothing with other things like maybe scarfs? Besides her diamond did she cherish and wear any other rings, class ring maybe or other? Was her watch expensive?

Yes, always carried a purse. Scarfs? Really can't say. OH, wait, only when we were covering something on our necks.....! :) We both did accessorize our costume jewlery with our ourfits. We used to borrow from each other from time to time. Expenisve watch? Don't think so.

So....I wonder if she had a purse the night she went missing, there is only mention of the glasses left in the car.

I was reading someplace on WS this that the Det. on the PR now is in LE in the exact city/town that BF/F lives. Is that where the ASSOCIATES in the right places is now? Could this just be a fluke? Or did they know each other? Family perhaps? Good family Friend? A GIANT COVERUP? Blue sticks like glue and he spread the word?

Where'd you find this?

So....I wonder if she had a purse the night she went missing, there is only mention of the glasses left in the car.

I think the police report had her purse with her, by her mother's account of it-but really, only the BF/F would know if she got out of the car with it

Where'd you find this?

-Don't know about the referred to associates or towns, but Detective Lennon (same as "will not handle" on the PR?) is Dir Rockland Cty NY Police.

http://www.rocklandcountysheriffoffice.com/police_academy/staff.html

I noticed -The "G" refers to Lennon in post 583, pp 24, thread #2.

"Yes Det. Lennon is the Head Principal (Chairman) of the Rockville County Police Department.

I think i CAN get a copy of the first letter to Det. Lennon."

The two towns Rockland & Rockville sound similar so hence there is some confusion?

-Don't know about the referred to associates or towns, but Detective Lennon (same as "will not handle" on the PR?) is Dir Rockland Cty NY Police.

http://www.rocklandcountysheriffoffice.com/police_academy/staff.html

I noticed -The "G" refers to Lennon in post 583, pp 24, thread #2.

"Yes Det. Lennon is the Head Principal (Chairman) of the Rockville County Police Department.

I think i CAN get a copy of the first letter to Det. Lennon."

The two towns Rockland & Rockville sound similar so hence there is some confusion?

Rockland County is the county right next to New Jersey-that makes a little more sense than this guy moving from Staten Island to Long Island. Wonder why he left Staten Island, though?

I am not sure that "our" Detective Lennon is the one working for Rockland County's Sheriff's department. This bio of Hugh Lennon has him as a transit police, and none of the rest of the bio seems to fit, in my opinion. And Lennon is a pretty common name

Where'd you find this?

somone posted something about another case and remember reading that it said that Lennon now lived in...... and I reciently found out where BF/F NOW lives and it's the same town/city

I believe the PR says brown purse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member