NY NY - Tammie McCormick, 13, Saratoga Springs, 29 Apr 1986

If she was last seen on 9P, it looks like that could be anywhere from 2.5 miles further to what I assume is the Maple Avenue Middle School ("SS Junior High School" in '86?) to almost around the loop to Brown's Beach where Slaybaugh apparently lived. It doesn't seem likely she would head on foot to his house miles aways to get a ride in the other direction. She also probably wouldn't head on foot to school 7 miles away. Is anyone familiar with the area that can clarify likely routes, and where her bus stop was if not at her immediate driveway?

Perhaps she called him for a ride if he was trusted/known to her, either from home or a payphone. If she did know him, she'd have to know (or hope) he might still be home at that hour. It'd be helpful to know if she had ever hitchhiked before that day. Or whether she was the type to blow off school entirely since she'd be late.

Interestingly, a Pizza Time is shown on Geyser Rd. Just the sort of place (if it existed then, or something similar) a teen might go if not at school. And I see that Geyser Rd is mentioned in other cases.

ETA: I noted the dates, and while the White and Hammond cases appear related, IMO they are not related to Tammie as Slaybaugh seems to be the best POI.

Last edited:
If she was last seen on 9P, it looks like that could be anywhere from 2.5 miles further to what I assume is the Maple Avenue Middle School ("SS Junior High School" in '86?) to almost around the loop to Brown's Beach where Slaybaugh apparently lived. It doesn't seem likely she would head on foot to his house miles aways to get a ride in the other direction. She also probably wouldn't head on foot to school 7 miles away. Is anyone familiar with the area that can clarify likely routes, and where her bus stop was if not at her immediate driveway?

Perhaps she called him for a ride if he was trusted/known to her, either from home or a payphone. If she did know him, she'd have to know (or hope) he might still be home at that hour. It'd be helpful to know if she had ever hitchhiked before that day. Or whether she was the type to blow off school entirely since she'd be late.

Interestingly, a Pizza Time is shown on Geyser Rd. Just the sort of place (if it existed then, or something similar) a teen might go if not at school. And I see that Geyser Rd is mentioned in other cases.

ETA: I noted the dates, and while the White and Hammond cases appear related, IMO they are not related to Tammie as Slaybaugh seems to be the best POI.
She was s confirmed to be last seen on route 9P yes, she was walking in the direction of Slaybaugh’s home. He either picked her up or she went to his home on her own. Contrary to most reports, Tammie did actually make it to school but not for classes. She told her friends that she was skipping school that day so she could runaway to Florida with a “friend” aka Slaybaugh. She was last seen walking towards his house near Saratoga Lake.

She was s confirmed to be last seen on route 9P yes, she was walking in the direction of Slaybaugh’s home. He either picked her up or she went to his home on her own. Contrary to most reports, Tammie did actually make it to school but not for classes. She told her friends that she was skipping school that day so she could runaway to Florida with a “friend” aka Slaybaugh. She was last seen walking towards his house near Saratoga Lake.

So that's where my question lies...was she seen on 9P close to the time that she missed the bus? It looks like she would have had to walk a long way to get to B's Beach from her house. Esp if she got to school.

So that's where my question lies...was she seen on 9P close to the time that she missed the bus? It looks like she would have had to walk a long way to get to B's Beach from her house. Esp if she got to school.
No. She was seen there after she left school that morning to walk to his home

So that makes much more sense if she left school (after arriving) to perhaps meet him where he wouldn't be seen near the school. She could have walked one way or the other even a quarter a mile, with no cameras at the time.

Red flag is missing the bus to school. Did POI take her to school (she pre-planned missing the bus) and then wait until she was seen/accounted for via attendance, before picking her up again down the road? That makes more sense, she wouldn't be technically 'missing' that day, based on homeroom or whatever guidelines in that county in '86. And even then...

I was looking at an unrelated missing persons case for a man named Rick Hazelton who disappeared the same year she did. He lived only 25 miles from where she went missing and his friends and family never heard from him even having him declared dead. A friend ended up finding him alive and well a few years back across the country and he was very vague about why he had to disappear, I couldn’t help but wonder if he could have been responsible for her disappearance?

Missing Person / NamUs #MP5531

Another unsolved disappearance in the time/area include Erica Jayne Franolich who disappeared in Middleburg NY the same month he left town to start a new life. she lived just an hour and a half away from where he lived in Glens Falls NY.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP643

Last edited:
Tammy’s NamUs profile has been updated today. As of today 1/7/21 she has 17 rule outs listed

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
UP5703 02/10/2003 New York NY
UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP1458 12/10/1988 Monmouth NJ
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VAUP6661 02/03/1991 Stafford VA
UP10229 02/14/1988 Westchester NY
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP1665 07/31/1991 Frederick MD
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6665 05/14/2007 Petersburg VA
UP8493 12/06/1993 Fairfax VA
UP1567 06/01/1987 KnoxTN
UP1405 10/29/2006 Gregg TX
UP4768 04/19/1990 Licking OH
UP2224 09/19/1990 Orange NC
UP4778 06/16/1987 Lucas OH
UP1447 08/08/1986 Atlantic NJ

A short video about the case from WNYT NewsChannel 13, the local NBC Affiliate in Albany, NY

I feel like her family knows her guilt and wants to save face, maybe they know exactly about Tammie and Slaybaugh's relationship and maybe even witnessed them together. I have no idea if she was sexual or if she was grooming her, I wouldn't be surprised...

She was a pretty girl and in some of the photographs of her she looked older than 13...

Did her parents know about Slaybaugh? A 26-year-old with an apartment has no reason to be around teenagers. That alone makes me suspicious of him, but I agree, it seems like they're thinking it's him and waiting for proof to come to them. It's frustrating that they aren't more proactive...

I assume that he died on the day of his disappearance or shortly after.

His shoes interest me. If he was going to run away from me, I would wear my most comfortable, walkable sneakers.

However, he chose his most uncomfortable pair. It is mentioned that he had high heels. Maybe he was wearing high heels to impress someone? How many of us wear uncomfortable things to look good? I wonder if that's why he was wearing that particular pair of shoes and who he was trying to look good for. Slaybaugh? He could be.

I could see how she maybe missed the bus on purpose to meet him, and he picked her up and they went to her house and what happened happened. It is impossible for me to think that she walked because of the area, I know the roads and she is very far away, on busy roads and with little to no sidewalks...

Rest in peace Tammie

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled