NY NY - Tribeca, BlkFem 25-35, UP1885, Under Concrete in nightclub basement, heart earrings, Mar'08

I found this lady missing from NJ in 1984… I was wondering if her height was a typo because it seems to be really super short.​

4178DFNJ - Angela Darcel Cephas​

4178DFNJ.jpg

Name: Angela Darcel Cephas
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 04, 1984
Location Last Seen: Port Norris, Cumberland County, New Jersey

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: Circa 1964
Race: Black / African American
Height: 4'3" - 4'5"
Weight: 135 lbs
Hair Color: Black.
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Grey maternity slacks and a white T-shirt and a brown sweater.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Last seen 5/04/1984 on a pink bicycle.

I found this lady missing from NJ in 1984… I was wondering if her height was a typo because it seems to be really super short.​

4178DFNJ - Angela Darcel Cephas​

4178DFNJ.jpg

Name: Angela Darcel Cephas
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 04, 1984
Location Last Seen: Port Norris, Cumberland County, New Jersey

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: Circa 1964
Race: Black / African American
Height: 4'3" - 4'5"
Weight: 135 lbs
Hair Color: Black.
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Grey maternity slacks and a white T-shirt and a brown sweater.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Last seen 5/04/1984 on a pink bicycle.
That is "funny". I came across this missing woman yesterday on FB and it crossed my mind also that she might be this Jane Doe. Angela Darcel Cephas – The Charley Project has 4'3 as the height. Kind of unreal to me.
Feet and InchesCentimeters
4 feet 3 inches129.54 cm

That is "funny". I came across this missing woman yesterday on FB and it crossed my mind also that she might be this Jane Doe. Angela Darcel Cephas – The Charley Project has 4'3 as the height. Kind of unreal to me.
Feet and InchesCentimeters
4 feet 3 inches129.54 cm
OMg funny!! (Great minds think alike hehehe) Yes I just have a feeling that has to be a typo. Iam 5’1 and my mom was 4’9 that was tiny.. but the profiles say this lady is 4’3-4’5 which is super tiny. I wonder if there is a way to find out.

OMg funny!! (Great minds think alike hehehe) Yes I just have a feeling that has to be a typo. Iam 5’1 and my mom was 4’9 that was tiny.. but the profiles say this lady is 4’3-4’5 which is super tiny. I wonder if there is a way to find out.
135 lbs. seems very heavy for someone that height 4'3'', imo.

750UFNY

The victim's skeletal remains were found buried under a concrete floor in the basement of a Manhattan nightclub at 277 Church Street in Tribeca.

Underground workers found a plastic bag with a skeleton and several large bones. Associated artifacts place the lower limit for the post mortem interval at 1984...

ok.. I just read this over and it says.. the workers found a plastic bag with skeleton AND several Large Bones... were these bones separate from the skeleton.. like extra bones? and if so, did they ever identify what or who the Large bones came from?.. I dont know if I am reading this all wrong.. but seems weird.

This still bothers me.. it’s not clear.. they found a skeleton And Several Large Bones… it’s so strange because the several large bones have not been identified as who or what they could be from?

Suggested matches from up thread

Evelyn Paige Fox – The Charley Project

Good evening to everyone. I'm on Spring Break, surfing the site and decided to do a search on the web specifically on the earrings. So far, I came up with a website based in South Carolina that seems to make earrings very similar to the ones found in the bubble gum wrapper. The pattern is not an exact match, but as the company does custom made jewelry, I think one design is really similar.

I see Olynthia Ann Harper on many people's lists on here, she's on mine, too. Also Cynthia Quarles.

Missing Age 34 Years
Legal First Name Cynthia
Legal Last Name Quarles
Height 5' 7" (67 Inches)
Weight 140 lbs
Race / Ethnicity Black / African American
Date of Last Contact February 17, 1999
Location Buffalo, New York 14215
Circumstances of Disappearance Subject last made contact to family member from an unknown location via phone.
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description STRAIGHTENED FROM BRAIDS
EARS PIERCED, 2 HOLES LT EAR
2 MOLES INCH APART ON CHEEK, FOREHEAD MOLE, SCAR ON NOSE VERY VISIBLE

And Wendy Robinson:
Legal First Name Wendy
Legal Last Name Robinson
Height 5' 4" (64 Inches)
Weight 160 lbs
Date of Last Contact August 12, 2005
Location Brooklyn, New York
County Kings County
Circumstances of Disappearance Robinson was last seen at approximately 9 am on August 12, 2005 in the vicinity of 309 Mother Gaston Avenue in Brooklyn, New York City, New York in the confines of the 48th Precinct
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Wore a blond/light brown wig
Brown eyes

Description
Scar/mark
Burn scars on left cheek and left shoulder
Other distinctive physical characteristic
Medium complexion. Heavy build.

Clothing and Accessories
Accessories
Brown Blond Wig
Clothing
Beige shirt (medium), white shorts,
white tennis shoes

Also Velita Gambrell:
Height 4' 10" (58 Inches)
Weight 100 lbs
Date of Last Contact September 16, 1998
Location Bronx, New York
Circumstances of Disappearance Gambrell was last seen at approximately 4:00 PM on Livingston Street in the New York City borough of the Bronx on September 16, 1998. She disappeared under unclear circumstances.

Also Linda Marie Merritt, Springfield MA
Height 5' 2" - 5' 4" (62 - 64 Inches)
Weight 125 - 150 lbs
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Date of Last Contact August 16, 1997
Witness reports that on 08/16/1997 around midnight Linda Merritt was last seen getting into a car in front of her house. She has not been heard from since.

Last edited:
I see Olynthia Ann Harper on many people's lists on here, she's on mine, too. Also Cynthia Quarles.

Missing Age 34 Years
Legal First Name Cynthia
Legal Last Name Quarles
Height 5' 7" (67 Inches)
Weight 140 lbs
Date of Last Contact February 17, 1999
Location Buffalo, New York 14215
Circumstances of Disappearance Subject last made contact to family member from an unknown location via phone.
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description STRAIGHTENED FROM BRAIDS
EARS PIERCED, 2 HOLES LT EAR
2 MOLES INCH APART ON CHEEK, FOREHEAD MOLE, SCAR ON NOSE VERY VISIBLE

And Wendy Robinson:
Legal First Name Wendy
Legal Last Name Robinson
Height 5' 4" (64 Inches)
Weight 160 lbs
Date of Last Contact August 12, 2005
Location Brooklyn, New York
County Kings County
Circumstances of Disappearance Robinson was last seen at approximately 9 am on August 12, 2005 in the vicinity of 309 Mother Gaston Avenue in Brooklyn, New York City, New York in the confines of the 48th Precinct
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Wore a blond/light brown wig
Brown eyes

Description
Scar/mark
Burn scars on left cheek and left shoulder
Other distinctive physical characteristic
Medium complexion. Heavy build.

Clothing and Accessories
Accessories
Brown Blond Wig
Clothing
Beige shirt (medium), white shorts,
white tennis shoes

Also Velita Gambrell:
Height 4' 10" (58 Inches)
Weight 100 lbs
Date of Last Contact September 16, 1998
Location Bronx, New York
Circumstances of Disappearance Gambrell was last seen at approximately 4:00 PM on Livingston Street in the New York City borough of the Bronx on September 16, 1998. She disappeared under unclear circumstances.

Also Linda Marie Merritt, Springfield MA
Height 5' 2" - 5' 4" (62 - 64 Inches)
Weight 125 - 150 lbs
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Date of Last Contact August 16, 1997
Witness reports that on 08/16/1997 around midnight Linda Merritt was last seen getting into a car in front of her house. She has not been heard from since.

Hi and welcome to WS @snooptroop88. To make things easier, please link the files. For convenience: Olynthia Ann Harper – The Charley Project Wendy Robinson – The Charley Project The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

In the video above posted by Dotr, the New York's medical examiner asks the public to call in possible matches. I've never tried that (I'm on to other side of the ocean so for me it's complicated) and my experience is that it takes ages to hear something back from LE, if so all together. Maybe this will work. In this particular case the criminal aspect of it is that there is killer who got away with a crime. I'm sure there is a family somewhere still waiting for answers.

Hi and welcome to WS @snooptroop88. To make things easier, please link the files. For convenience: Olynthia Ann Harper – The Charley Project Wendy Robinson – The Charley Project The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

In the video above posted by Dotr, the New York's medical examiner asks the public to call in possible matches. I've never tried that (I'm on to other side of the ocean so for me it's complicated) and my experience is that it takes ages to hear something back from LE, if so all together. Maybe this will work. In this particular case the criminal aspect of it is that there is killer who got away with a crime. I'm sure there is a family somewhere still waiting for answers.
Much thanks on this!! I am really new, so will do the links from now on. And will watch that video, too. I've gotten fairly used now to using "Namus," but just noting, there's also "Uncovered," which has a nationwide map of unsolved cold cases, and that's one I like to use, too. (Can't tell yet if other people on here use that.)

I haven’t seen this detail mentioned here: They did mitochondrial DNA and she is from Brazilian descent…looks like Sao Paulo
@Brunette00 are you still around? I would like a source, please. I feel like knowing she is of Brazilian descent will not help much. It could mean she wasn't African American at all, but of mixed race, like a lot of people from Brazil are. F.i. mixed with Caucasian (European, Portugees, German, etc.) or dominantly African (descendants of slaves) or mixed with Native Brazilians and everything in between.

OoOh this is interesting. Old school dingy lap dance bar. I wonder if any of their girls ever went missing?
That's fascinating, seriously. Have you researched the club? I've been looking at that for quite a while, I found this: Where amateur strippers take it all off

That club used to be located very near where another Jane Doe also found in a concrete slab was located.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH
Back