Identified! NY - Yonkers, WhtFem 30-35, 1216UFNY, butterfly tattoo, 2 C-sections, Jun'92 - Meresa Hammonds

Sherry looks the most similar out of all the does IMO.

Long shot from me:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2905dffl.html
She’s also a bit tall for our doe by 4 inches.
Paula Janet Waid
Missing since March 15, 1991 from Land O'Lakes, Pasco County, Florida
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: July 1, 1955
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 110 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; brown eyes.
  • Clothing: A red and white jacket and khaki pants.
  • AKA: Paula Weher

Circumstances of Disappearance
Paula Waid was last seen at her residence at 19231 Causeway Boulevard in Land O'Lakes, Florida.
Waid was possibly heading to South Carolina on foot. Foul play is suspected.

Sherry Rail, Paula Waid, and Janet Dolgae were all submitted to Lori Bruski (case mgr) and Det. Geiss of Yonkers cold case squad. They both replied, but I haven't heard any followup. Here's the email from Lori:

15697236_1898144400414674_6278139459863161286_n.jpg

I can't take the credit, as these 3 women were submitted to our Facebook page a few months ago at which point I forwarded to Lori and Det. Geiss.

Sherry Lynn Rail is SO close but apparently her case was no longer active as per Lori :/

Thank you @jessr927 for your quick work! Fingers crossed!

As per known Shulmann victims, she was probably as well street walker and drug user. Missing person's report was probably not done or was refused by police as they often done and still do.

Therefore option to identify her are limited but there is still way. I can't shake off feeling that she was known to police and have had previous arrests likely for prostitution. As police can't search/compare by her fingerprints as she was missing arms, only way is to do by comparing vitals or possible mugshots from arrests around 1990 to summer 1992 in NYC and then go from there.

I have checked extensively last year through many arrest records and mugshots but of course that can't compare to what LE have in their system. I bet my skirt they would find her there if this tedious task of manuall search was done again. Just an idea for thought.

Another thing, it was summer, so she could be also from one of neighbouring states as it seems girls sometimes traveled to busier places for work.

Interesting thought about the mugshots, that's ofcourse a possability just need to know where to start. Did you use mugshots.com? if so, how do you search arrests per year, I could only see states but no year. I think some classic detective work could solves a feew cases since plenty of victims are in the criminal registry.

Now that you bring it up, I would take bets that she has a record in Queens, possibly even in Suffolk County (where I believe she may have lived at some point).

If she were a known prostitute and/or drug user in the area where Shulman picked up all his other victims - 201st Street & Jamaica Avenue - that would fall under the 103rd Precinct's parameters in Queens (Jamaica Business District, Hollis, Jamaica). A next logical try might be the 107th which covers Hilltop Village and Fresh Meadows in Queens.

Anyone feel like calling?! :)

As per known Shulmann victims, she was probably as well street walker and drug user. Missing person's report was probably not done or was refused by police as they often done and still do.

Therefore option to identify her are limited but there is still way. I can't shake off feeling that she was known to police and have had previous arrests likely for prostitution. As police can't search/compare by her fingerprints as she was missing arms, only way is to do by comparing vitals or possible mugshots from arrests around 1990 to summer 1992 in NYC and then go from there.

I have checked extensively last year through many arrest records and mugshots but of course that can't compare to what LE have in their system. I bet my skirt they would find her there if this tedious task of manuall search was done again. Just an idea for thought.

Another thing, it was summer, so she could be also from one of neighbouring states as it seems girls sometimes traveled to busier places for work.

Now that you bring it up, I would take bets that she has a record in Queens, possibly even in Suffolk County (where I believe she may have lived at some point).

If she were a known prostitute and/or drug user in the area where Shulman picked up all his other victims - 201st Street & Jamaica Avenue - that would fall under the 103rd Precinct's parameters in Queens (Jamaica Business District, Hollis, Jamaica). A next logical try might be the 107th which covers Hilltop Village and Fresh Meadows in Queens.

Anyone feel like calling?! :)

Jess I think the best would be if you could gently suggest it to detective of this case Geiss? As NY police he would have access to all NY databases, also of Queens and Suffolk. Also he would be more interested to search then other police forces of different precincts who are not involved in this.

(btw Suffolk police is currently busy with searching and recovering 15 missing persons, 6 of them found as victims of gangs. They are also known of not talking or communicating with public (due to LISK and last year their big case of corruption and arrest of their police chief) so personally I would avoid them).

I don't have quite the relationship I do with Geiss as I do with DiMase, but I'll give it a try!

As for Suffolk - yes, you are certainly right. I would not call them even if I were on fire.

Going to email Det. Geiss now :)

Jess I think the best would be if you could gently suggest it to detective of this case Geiss? As NY police he would have access to all NY databases, also of Queens and Suffolk. Also he would be more interested to search then other police forces of different precincts who are not involved in this.

(btw Suffolk police is currently busy with searching and recovering 15 missing persons, 6 of them found as victims of gangs. They are also known of not talking or communicating with public (due to LISK and last year their big case of corruption and arrest of their police chief) so personally I would avoid them).

this is a super longshot But when I saw this woman's photo it really reminded me of the postmortem for this UID. If you do a side by side you can see what I mean.. all her features her mouth her shape of nose eybrows and face everything so so similar. Anyway she went missing July 26 1992 and this UID turned up June 27th 1992... do you think the July could of been a typo? this woman has absolutely no info on her missing report and I cant find any info on her anywhere.

The missing woman does not say she has a tattoo but if its tiny on her shoulder and she has it covered nobody would know.. I have ones that are covered on my back that my own mother did not know about until years later.

Just a thought because I saw the woman and its a bit eery to me how close they look.so I thought I would post..
oh I know the UID has hazel eyes and the missing woman says blue but that has been discussed so many times before on how different people see the colors and we were not there so we can only go with the report of the UID

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37072/591

img_70873[1].jpeg

https://lostandfound.revealnews.org.../1992&end_date=12/31/1992&missingperson=37072

Marilyn Arnhold
View on NamUs
Date last seen
July 26, 1992
Age last seen
38 years old
Sex
Female
Race
White
Ethnicity
Unsure
Nickname/Alias

Circumstances:
Marilyn was last seen on 07/26/1992 in Milton, WA.

this is a super longshot But when I saw this woman's photo it really reminded me of the postmortem for this UID. If you do a side by side you can see what I mean.. all her features her mouth her shape of nose eybrows and face everything so so similar. Anyway she went missing July 26 1992 and this UID turned up June 27th 1992... do you think the July could of been a typo? this woman has absolutely no info on her missing report and I cant find any info on her anywhere.

The missing woman does not say she has a tattoo but if its tiny on her shoulder and she has it covered nobody would know.. I have ones that are covered on my back that my own mother did not know about until years later.

Just a thought because I saw the woman and its a bit eery to me how close they look.so I thought I would post..
oh I know the UID has hazel eyes and the missing woman says blue but that has been discussed so many times before on how different people see the colors and we were not there so we can only go with the report of the UID

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37072/591

View attachment 129220

https://lostandfound.revealnews.org.../1992&end_date=12/31/1992&missingperson=37072

Marilyn Arnhold
View on NamUs
Date last seen
July 26, 1992
Age last seen
38 years old
Sex
Female
Race
White
Ethnicity
Unsure
Nickname/Alias

Circumstances:
Marilyn was last seen on 07/26/1992 in Milton, WA.

Wow Madamx really great find and what a resemblance. Marilyn Arnhold is even as tall as our Jane Doe. I personally would not be too bothered about one month discrepancy in older case, even after Jane Doe was found as it does happen that missing person reports are done some time later or police record the date when missing person report was done and not when missing person actually went missing.

I am more bothered about distance though, Washington and NY. Again, Namus usually list person under the state where they resided or originated from and not under the state where they traveled to (not too happy about it). As there are no circumstances listed there is slight possibility her being on East Coast.

I would suggest for our good researches to try to find more about Marilyn Arnhold before submission. Some old articles, which states she resided, any known circumstances etc.

Good thing is both, Marilyn and Jane Doe have dentals and dna available.

Ok, found few information. Marilyn Arnhold had two sons, so she could have two cesarians as our Jane Doe. She attended college in WA and was just week to her graduation prior to her disappearance, so for her being on East Coast suddenly seems not too likely. She was licensed nurse and also worked in hospital there. From further research it seems that her hubby is prime suspect and tried to cash up on life insurance policy and her assets few years after her disappearance.

http://charleyproject.org/case/marilyn-anne-arnhold
http://wa.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.20060620_0001079.WWA.htm/qx

Ok, found few information. Marilyn Arnhold had two sons, so she could have two cesarians as our Jane Doe. She attended college in WA and was just week to her graduation prior to her disappearance, so for her being on East Coast suddenly seems not too likely. She was licensed nurse and also worked in hospital there. From further research it seems that her hubby is prime suspect and tried to cash up on life insurance policy and her assets few years after her disappearance.

http://charleyproject.org/case/marilyn-anne-arnhold
http://wa.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.20060620_0001079.WWA.htm/qx

wow for a second I thought we were on to something.. it is interesting that she had 2 sons..it would be weird if that is her.. how I don't know but yes Marylin does look like the Jane Doe a lot.

Great find Al Ka on the insurance claim!!

Wow Madamx really great find and what a resemblance. Marilyn Arnhold is even as tall as our Jane Doe. I personally would not be too bothered about one month discrepancy in older case, even after Jane Doe was found as it does happen that missing person reports are done some time later or police record the date when missing person report was done and not when missing person actually went missing.

I am more bothered about distance though, Washington and NY. Again, Namus usually list person under the state where they resided or originated from and not under the state where they traveled to (not too happy about it). As there are no circumstances listed there is slight possibility her being on East Coast.

I would suggest for our good researches to try to find more about Marilyn Arnhold before submission. Some old articles, which states she resided, any known circumstances etc.

Good thing is both, Marilyn and Jane Doe have dentals and dna available.

On top of everything else, it ought to be a ruleout by default for both the dentals and the DNA. As good as it looks, I think it's "close but no cigar" as the saying goes.

On top of everything else, it ought to be a ruleout by default for both the dentals and the DNA. As good as it looks, I think it's "close but no cigar" as the saying goes.

back to the drawing board!

how about this girl went missing from Long island

https://missingandmystery.wordpress.com/2018/01/23/the-disappearance-of-janice-fullam/

The Disappearance of Janice Fullam

Janice Fullam disappeared on October 30th, 1981. Her case is one of the oldest cold cases in Long Island’s history.
Janice Fullam was seventeen at the time of her disappearance. She was 5’7″ and weighed approximately 130 lbs. Janice was arrested that summer, and charged with dealing LSD. Because she was facing up to a year in jail and to be sentenced five days after her disappearance, it was speculated that she was running away from her problems. Her mother has described her as close to her siblings and a good student. Eventually, they ruled out the idea that she ran away.

th[3].jpgjanicefullam2[1].jpg

https://lostandfound.revealnews.org...2&unidentifiedperson=16189&missingperson=4535

ate last seen
Oct. 30, 1981
Age last seen
17 years old
Sex
Female
Race
White
Ethnicity
Unsure
Nickname/Alias
Bucky
Circumstances:
Janice left her home to meet her brother on the evening of October 30, 1981 and has never been seen or heard from again.

City last seen
Hauppauge
County last seen
Suffolk
State last seen
New York

Weight
120 to 120 lbs
Height
67 to 67 inches
Hair color
Brown
Head hair
At the time of her disappearance, Janice's hair had a straight, shoulder-length, bi-leveled cut with frosted highlights in the front.
Body hair

Facial hair

Left eye color
Green
Right eye color
Green

Oh crap I just noticed this girl has green eyes and our jane doe I believe has brown Eyes.. ugh

PWaid[1].jpg

Paula Janet Waid
Missing since March 15, 1991 from Land O'Lakes, Pasco County, Florida
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: July 1, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; brown eyes.
Clothing: A red and white jacket and khaki pants.
AKA: Paula Weher

Circumstances of Disappearance
Paula Waid was last seen at her residence at 19231 Causeway Boulevard in Land O'Lakes, Florida.
Waid was possibly heading to South Carolina on foot. Foul play is suspected.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2905dffl.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back