Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

As one State Dept. official said: "Better accolades be thrown at us than shoes."

I am no supporter or defender of "W" but this comment was so unnecessary. I have am continually disappointed at the juvenile and petty behaviors of people I assume/hope would have more integrity and honor -- and that includes elected officials in all political parties. I guess it has always been this way but it is still so discouraging. Why follow such a prestigious award with a snarky comment like this?

I am no supporter or defender of "W" but this comment was so unnecessary. I have am continually disappointed at the juvenile and petty behaviors of people I assume/hope would have more integrity and honor -- and that includes elected officials in all political parties. I guess it has always been this way but it is still so discouraging. Why follow such a prestigious award with a snarky comment like this?

I think honor and integrity are way beyond their reach. This WH is all about the good, juicy soundbites that keep the Obama supporters in a happy lather -- and nothing does it better than a quick, unnecessary jab at George Bush. It's all about feeling good for the moment...immediate gratification. The WH knows the demographic they are reaching with these comments... you know, the "tingle down my leg" bunch. Why bother with integrity and honor when snarky-ness works so well?

IMO

I think honor and integrity are way beyond their reach. This WH is all about the good, juicy soundbites that keep the Obama supporters in a happy lather -- and nothing does it better than a quick, unnecessary jab at George Bush. It's all about feeling good for the moment...immediate gratification. The WH knows the demographic they are reaching with these comments... you know, the "tingle down my leg" bunch. Why bother with integrity and honor when snarky-ness works so well? IMO

But isn't it fair to say you are doing the same thing yourself with this snarky reply?

This is what I don't get about people discussing politics - it doesn't have to be an us vs. them mentality. Regardless of political party, we are all first and foremost human beings and should be able to relate to each other on that level alone. Instead the conversation seems to lead to one party good, the other party evil. Most people I know don't even feel comfortable aligning with one particular party since their beliefs transcend party lines. It is so polarizing and as a result, many people are turned off from engaging in political commentary.

Right now there is voting going on for CNN Heroes on CNN and there are so many people that have been nominated that deserve this prize more than our Mr President. For example, Brad Blauser, has left the comfort of his home in Dallas, TX. He has been in war torn Iraq for the last 4 years, not earning a paycheck to bring pediatric wheelchairs to disabled children. Where's HIS Nobel Peace Price. IMO, the Nobel Peace Prize has the significance now of a toy in a Happy Meal! Oh, and BTW...Please visit CNN Heroes..There are many nominees that can use your vote! The Tribute will be on Thanksgiving!!

But isn't it fair to say you are doing the same thing yourself with this snarky reply?

This is what I don't get about people discussing politics - it doesn't have to be an us vs. them mentality. Regardless of political party, we are all first and foremost human beings and should be able to relate to each other on that level alone. Instead the conversation seems to lead to one party good, the other party evil. Most people I know don't even feel comfortable aligning with one particular party since their beliefs transcend party lines. It is so polarizing and as a result, many people are turned off from engaging in political commentary.

Who knew my comments would be as important or as influential and far-reaching as the comments made by this administration? I had no idea. Here, let me say this....hope, hope, change, change, bold, bold, PEACE. Now where's my Nobel prize?

I do believe that the words spoken by the leader of the free world and his staff, as they attempt to represent and lead this wonderful country, should be held to a slightly higher standard than the words spoken by or written by me, as I sit here sipping a diet coke, typing, and petting my dog. I'm just funny that way.

IMO

Who knew my comments would be as important or as influential and far-reaching as the comments made by this administration? I had no idea. Here, let me say this....hope, hope, change, change, bold, bold, PEACE. Now where's my Nobel prize?

I do believe that the words spoken by the leader of the free world and his staff, as they attempt to represent and lead this wonderful country, should be held to a slightly higher standard than the words spoken by or written by me, as I sit here sipping a diet coke, typing, and petting my dog. I'm just funny that way.

IMO

I don't. I'm funny that way. ;)

I don't. I'm funny that way. ;)

The words spoken by the POTUS and his staff deserve no more scrutiny than the words written here on websleuths. Interesting. It seems we may be taking ourselves a little too seriously (or the POTUS not seriously enough)
:waitasec::waitasec:
IMO

I think the comment was made AFTER the mass hysteria and insulting comments about his receiving the award.

I thought it was funny myself; just trying to put things in perspective.

The words spoken by the POTUS and his staff deserve no more scrutiny than the words written here on websleuths. Interesting. It seems we may be taking ourselves a little too seriously (or the POTUS not seriously enough)
:waitasec::waitasec:
IMO

All words deserve careful scrutiny - regardless of source or delivery method. The President's words are no less or more important, no less or more serious, no more or less deserving of scrutiny than yours or mine or anyone else's. IMHO.

All words deserve careful scrutiny - regardless of source or delivery method. The President's words are no less or more important, no less or more serious, no more or less deserving of scrutiny than yours or mine or anyone else's. IMHO.

"The president's words are not less or more important......than anyone else's"
I have to disagree.

IMO

"The president's words are not less or more important......than anyone else's"
I have to disagree.

IMO

That's the beauty of it - we can! And hey, at least you know a person in this world who considers your words at least as important as a President's!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back