Observations from attending Sunday, 11/30/08 Vigil

OMG! I can't believe that anyone on here would ever celebrate the dimise of someone even if they dislike them!!!! I think that is an insult to the people on this board and am insulted that a fellow WS would make such a comment.
That being said I for one don't like how the A's are and have acted from the very beginning of this. I have seen CA and GA both go down hill over the months. But they need to know that the public would have had more sympathy for them in the beginning had they acted like normal grandparents of a missing/now presumed dead beautiful granddaughter. No one in that family ever pleaded for her safe return!! My opinion they didn't do this was because they already knew that her safe return would never happen and the only one that could bring an end to this was KC. Now they are trying to create reasonable doubt for thier daughter KC. But instead are making themselves look like fools. The people that they are surrounding themselves with are not helping thier image with the public.
I do say a prayer every night first for Caylee. Then for CA, GA that when they do finally come to grips with the fact that their granddaughter is no longer with us that they have someone there that will help them pick up the pieces of their lives. They will soon spiral out of control without some professional help. I also say a prayer for the great grandparents in this case too.
I do hope that soon this family will be able to see exactly what is happening around them and that the people that are supposedly helping them are just in it to help themselves for the publicity and finacially.

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt a little insulted. In the poster's defense, I think they meant the people who spew nothing, but hate for the Anthonys. But, maybe I'm wrong about that as well.

Thank you, Elizabeth.

It was thoughtful of you to let us know what happened and your take on it.

Thanks for the insight!

Sincerely,
BeagleMom

It struck me as odd when GA talked about the emails released from the last doc dump which came from CA's brother, saying this was the first he'd heard of it. These emails dated back to August, became very blunt even involving her mother to some degree and ended with CA severing ties with her brother; yet she never told GA about the family turmoil.

Chilly, I don't think anyone here hates CA & GA. I feel personally total disdain for them because they have never helped find Caylee.

Yes, CA is wasting away before our eyes, but the Bible tells us " the wages of sin are death" and all the lies do have a toll on the body and the soul. No one except a completely evil being can exist long with "pledging their allegiance to the father of lies."

Continuing to be unrepentant about all the lies and the things done to prevent KC from being found guilty is going to take both their lives in the end. KC did not just kill Caylee, but is killing her parents one day at a time.

Thank you Turbothink!!! I also do not HATE anyone! I believe if the Anthony's would have showed one ounce of Humility in the beginning of this whole thing instead of coming out swinging with their lies and defending a murderer, more people would feel sorry for them!

I feel distain for anyone who kills a child (or anyone) and then the whole family tries to cover for them!!! JMO

BTW, THANK YOU for taking the time to give us a first hand account!

I wonder if Cindy isn't about to enter a new phase of grieving...

I believe so Kimster. I hope she's receiving lots of counseling support while she does though. It's Christmas and it's a hard time for the strongest of people at the best of times and this will be a very difficult season for the A's. I worry if CA's slipping into a major depression. Her affect was completely flat last interview I saw, almost despondant IMHO and I worry that she should be under suicide watch rather than her daughter.
((((Paging MDmom for a medical opinion...STAT ))))

I can't imagine how difficult Thanksgiving was for them.

Actions have consequences Chilly. If she continues down this path she is on, yes, I agree we will read of her demise, but it won't be because of anything but her own daughter's inability to tell the truth. Her daughter is killing her as sure as if she had her in her trunk like Caylee.

Cindy can change this.......she can tell the truth. She can let KC reap the consequences of her action. Cindy has a chance at life, but only she can make the choices which need to be made to accept it.
:clap:

thank you.

i've been trying to say this from day one.

these people are not demons. they have nothing to do with caylee's death. they've lost two girls. would anyone act more reasonable?

CA has a current nursing license. That is a grave concern to me.
If GA was still a cop :eek:
I personally would have called 911 from the towing yard in the identical situation. I wouldn't have touched a thing in the car that smelled like death, let alone done my 22 yo's laundry. I would have given LE the right hair brush, toothbrush etc and given TM anything he needed to find my baby. IMO none of these actions are reasonable from an RN or an ex cop or any person acting reasonably under the same circumstances.

CA has a current nursing license. That is a grave concern to me.
If GA was still a cop :eek:
I personally would have called 911 from the towing yard in the identical situation. I wouldn't have touched a thing in the car that smelled like death, let alone done my 22 yo's laundry. I would have given LE the right hair brush, toothbrush etc and given TM anything he needed to find my baby. IMO none of these actions are reasonable from an RN or an ex cop or any person acting reasonably under the same circumstances.

They have never acted reasonably. GA and CA have been in defense mode from day one.

George as a former law enforcement guy should have called 911 when they picked up the Sunbird Pontiac at the towing yard because of the smell of death and the fact they had not seen their daughter or their grandaughter in a while. George and Cindy both knew the smell of death. Just not calling 911 when the car smelled so bad I don't get unless it was a cover-up perhaps that they concocted. I'm not sure. But I know if it was me I would have called 911 the minute I smelled the car in the tow yard coupled with the fact of they were "missing"

**snipped**

ANGELINFL

I have oftern wonder this myself :behindbar :behindbar

GA said out loud before he opened the trunk--GA was praying it was not kc or caylee--now why did ga not call the police right then and there??

As for GA LE background-

GA is a high school graduate- no college
13 years as a deputy sherriff in a small town over 20 years ago........these are the facts not the altered reality ca spins

Hi Shelbar53,

In response to your questions you listed out:
1. Yes, the media was there. I only saw two media trucks. One was from Fox News and the other was from Channel 6 news. Channel 6 news in my opinion is inferior to Channel 7news. There were two camera men in the church and I only saw one actual reporter in the back with a notepad. There was another woman who may have been a reporter, but I wasen't sure since I didn't see a notepad.

2. I am sure the Anthony's were not surprised by the turnout because I sensed it was mostly the same people that always support them. I have no idea if the the media was surprised or not. Given that they only had two camera people from two seperate stations I doubt they were that surprised.

3. No I didn't chat with anyone because I was 10 minutes late and literally the first person to leave the church. I didn't want to be shown on the local news! They did a part during the vigil where everyone was invited to pray around the Anthony's and hug. I didn't get up because I felt like my praying for Caylee could be done from the pew I was sitting in.

My sense is that the "big elephant" in the church is the reality that it is highly likely the Anthony's own flesh and blood is responsible for the reason why this vigil took place. That being said it was never alluded to that she is dead. I believe that the few people in that room are huge supporters of Cindy and George and in essence are enabling them to continue being in denial. I had no desire to talk to anyone in that room.
Personally, the whole thing felt very wierd to me...even down to the church that was chosen.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

What church was chosen and why did you think it was weird that they chose that church?

looking at some of the pics from the vigil la wasn't there....at least didn't look like it...baseball cap guy didn't look like him but then again in the a's eyes (after seeing that little girl at the mall that "looked like caylee) who knows????????
jmo

My sympathy was with the Anthony family right up until Cindy refused to give Texas Equusearch some article of clothing belonging to Caylee, something that would help searchers who had traveled in some instances thousands of miles to help search for her granddaughter. That action of refusal seemed so unreasonable, so inexplicable, so obstructive, that it made no sense and made me think perhaps Cindy wasn't grieving at all.

Since then, mostly in the last week or so, I see her suffering. I see her coming to terms with the truth about her granddaughter's death at the hand of KC. And now I wonder what she'll do next. Should she hold a presser and say "I've changed my mind. I now believe my daughter Casey killed Caylee. I understand what a liar my daughter is and how much she's hurt the rest of my family, and I'm sorry for insisting all of this time that Caylee is alive." No! What can she say after ignoring reality for so long? Pride alone will not allow her to admit that she raised a killer.

I will not and do not hate her. She's in a bad place right now for so many reasons. I want her to come to a quiet truth within herself. She doesn't need to share it with us in a public way (or ANY way for that matter), but she does need to stop the lies and her insistence that Caylee is alive. She needs to admit to herself that Caylee died at the hands of KC. That's a tough place to be, and I wish her the best in dealing with that.

The remark made about WSers and how they would celebrate the demise of Cindy was wrong and hurtful to say. I think WSers are a tough group, but no one longs for Cindy's death nor would anyone celebrate it. We just want Cindy to open her eyes to the truth. That's all anyone is asking. Plain and simple.

ts

i'm thinking I read it was Baptist

Just a few thoughts/questions
1. Thank you very much for starting this thread.
2. Were the majority of people there random members of the public or were they people who went to that particular church?
3. If CA is on medication, she would have to be under a doctor's care. No reputable doctor would permit her to function beyond her capabilities unless she refused doctor's orders. If she refused doctor's orders the doctor she not keep prescribing medication. Her husband should also be supporting her doctor's orders.
4. Is KC really not talking/refusing to help? Or is her lawyer not permitting her to talk? In the beginning, she talked alot, yes, all she did was lie. Now, her silence...is it a legal maneuver?

I have oftern wonder this myself :behindbar :behindbar

GA said out loud before he opened the trunk--GA was praying it was not kc or caylee--now why did ga not call the police right then and there??

As for GA LE background-

GA is a high school graduate- no college
13 years as a deputy sherriff in a small town over 20 years ago........these are the facts not the altered reality ca spins

I though GA was a homocide detective?? That's what CA said several times when the cameras were rolling.

My sympathy was with the Anthony family right up until Cindy refused to give Texas Equusearch some article of clothing belonging to Caylee, something that would help searchers who had traveled in some instances thousands of miles to help search for her granddaughter. That action of refusal seemed so unreasonable, so unexplainable, so obstructive, that it made no sense and made me think perhaps Cindy wasn't grieving at all.

Since then, mostly in the last week or so, I see her suffering. I see her coming to terms with the truth about her granddaughter's death at the hand of KC. And now I wonder what she'll do next. Should she hold a presser and say "I've changed my mind. I now believe my daughter Casey killed Caylee. I understand what a liar my daughter is and how much she's hurt the rest of my family, and I'm sorry for insisting all of this time that Caylee is alive." No! What can she say after ignoring reality for so long? Pride alone will not allow her to admit that she raised a killer.

I will not and do not hate her. She's in a bad place right now for so many reasons. I want her to come to a quiet truth within herself. She doesn't need to share it with us in a public way (or ANY way for that matter), but she does need to stop the lies and her insistence that Caylee is alive. She needs to admit to herself that Caylee died at the hands of KC. That's a tough place to be, and I wish her the best in dealing with that.

The remark made about WSers and how they would celebrate the demise of Cindy was wrong and hurtful to say. I think WSers are a tough group, but no one longs for Cindy's death nor would anyone celebrate it. We just want Cindy to open her eyes to the truth. That's all anyone is asking. Plain and simple.

ts

Well said!!:clap:

I try to imagine a mother, any mother, having to pick between her daughter and granddaughter. A mother nurses her child, cares for them, raises them, loves them and to have to be put in a situation where you could be the one to send them to prison or DP, I can't imagine it. I know she knows Caylee is dead, and I think she feels like she can't change that, but if she can keep KC from the DP, she is a mother first and I think that is where she has been. They ALL KNOW THE TRUTH, but to say it out loud means more loss and even more death. I am in no way saying this is the right way to act or that it does Caylee justice, I am just saying, how can a mother choose? That's why I don't judge her, I recognize how wrong the behavior is, but I can't judge it.

Well said!!:clap:

I try to imagine a mother, any mother, having to pick between her daughter and granddaughter. A mother nurses her child, cares for them, raises them, loves them and to have to be put in a situation where you could be the one to send them to prison or DP, I can't imagine it. I know she knows Caylee is dead, and I think she feels like she can't change that, but if she can keep KC from the DP, she is a mother first and I think that is where she has been. They ALL KNOW THE TRUTH, but to say it out loud means more loss and even more death. I am in no way saying this is the right way to act or that it does Caylee justice, I am just saying, how can a mother choose? That's why I don't judge her, I recognize how wrong the behavior is, but I can't judge it.

I agree with your post. Reminds me of a "Sophie's Choice" type of horrid decision.

I would think if they know it, they would rather go into seclusion than be in the unforgiving public eye. IMO, that is why they suffer so much derision.

Hello Elizabeth:

Thank you for being the eyes and ears for those of us who couldn't attend. I, for one, would love to hear first hand "reporting" from any local events. Look forward to hearing more from you!

Thankyou, being in PA, I only get what I read, not much coverage except NGrace up here.
Were any of KC's friends there? Great granma? Just curious, still reading through posts, sorry if this is in the other posts, just catching up.

I agree with your post. Reminds me of a "Sophie's Choice" type of horrid decision.

I would think if they know it, they would rather go into seclusion than be in the unforgiving public eye. IMO, that is why they suffer so much derision.

Yes, Sophie's Choice, that is exactly what it would be like. I think CA has always been this way, so now to act differently, in any situation, would be impossible because she doesn't know another way to act. She is used to fighting and defending and justifying. I read the family emails and I can't say I would be any different. GA and KC have tested her beyond human limits.JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77
Back