Observations from attending Sunday, 11/30/08 Vigil

Hi Fay,
Bottom line this so called professional "spokesperson" is a L-I-A-B-I-L-T-Y for the Anthony's.
What did she say...a bunch of stuff that made no sense all mushed togethor. Points she said are as follows...(sorry for the list, but it helps me organize my thoughts)!
- Something along the lines of being a professional public speaker and that she even got chocked up last week about something.

- Apparently what she got upset about last week "pissed her off". Yes, she said "pissed off" twice during the "speech."

- Something along the lines of if you see a little girl holding a fork in one hand and a spoon in another hand eating and it looks like Caylee it may just be her.

- Something about Caylee eating corn and making a mess and how she would welcome the mess. I did like this comment she said...

- Something about how she is sorry that the video is giong to be shown again at the end. She said this towards Cindy.

- Also, this isn't what she said but how she appeared...which in itself speaks volumes.
She was wearing a black zip up sweatshirt. She had poor body language. She was somewhat on the defensive and utilizing the vigil as a platform to take shots at people who are not listening to the Anthony's "evidence".

There really wasen't too much of a religious tone to the vigil. There was I think one maybe two passages read.

I do not know much about vigils, but as a human being I know what I would want if someone close to me was missing and potentially dead.

A person speaking that is the flesh and blood of the child.

ZERO spoken about having to do with political details such as the cops not doing there job, the FBI not doing there job etc. It woul be entirely about the child. Perhaps a song or two sung. The child's favorite color being shown. Anything to bring out emotion so that the room is connected as one.

Essentially this spokesperson conducting this vigil if in fact she was in charge of it along with her represeting the Anthony's is the equivalent to a blind person leading another blind person on a tight rope. A complete disaster.

I don't know if this woman is the one that thought of the Meet and Greet, but if it is it wouldn't shock me. Last time I checked a Meet and Greet was when you go meet an elementary school teacher not to meet and greet a grieving family. Next thing you know this lady would have had fruit punch and girl scout cookies at the meet and greet.

Sincerely,
EV1214

MB is getting attention from doing this, I would recomend everyone to look into her credentials and see what MB is all about? We have a thread on WS about her started. I would not want MB to stand up for me at all She has no idea what she is doing and has been on this case from the begining she was a BLOGGER! urrrgggg!

Chewing gum on virtually every public interview, scratching, sniffing, taking one's shoe off, wiping one's nose with one's hand...And a baseball cap is surprising?

No.

I'm not surprised at all.

MOO

That bothers me too Jandkmom! A ball cap in church? I must be old....

I went to a funeral for a dear friend many years ago and was aghast at the clothing people wore...it looked like they were going to the beach...

I have been to churches where we dressed formal and casual for church, but even the teenagers took off their caps during church. It sounds more like a casual meeting instead of a vigil for Caylee. Even at ball games and events when there is prayer, most people take off their caps.

Hi Fay,
Bottom line this so called professional "spokesperson" is a L-I-A-B-I-L-T-Y for the Anthony's.
What did she say...a bunch of stuff that made no sense all mushed togethor. Points she said are as follows...(sorry for the list, but it helps me organize my thoughts)!
- Something along the lines of being a professional public speaker and that she even got chocked up last week about something.

- Apparently what she got upset about last week "pissed her off". Yes, she said "pissed off" twice during the "speech."

- Something along the lines of if you see a little girl holding a fork in one hand and a spoon in another hand eating and it looks like Caylee it may just be her.

- Something about Caylee eating corn and making a mess and how she would welcome the mess. I did like this comment she said...

- Something about how she is sorry that the video is giong to be shown again at the end. She said this towards Cindy.

- Also, this isn't what she said but how she appeared...which in itself speaks volumes.
She was wearing a black zip up sweatshirt. She had poor body language. She was somewhat on the defensive and utilizing the vigil as a platform to take shots at people who are not listening to the Anthony's "evidence".

There really wasen't too much of a religious tone to the vigil. There was I think one maybe two passages read.

I do not know much about vigils, but as a human being I know what I would want if someone close to me was missing and potentially dead.

ZERO spoken about having to do with political details such as the cops not doing there job, the FBI not doing there job etc. It woul be entirely about the child. Perhaps a song or two sung. The child's favorite color being shown. Anything to bring out emotion so that the room is connected as one.

Essentially this spokesperson conducting this vigil if in fact she was in charge of it along with her represeting the Anthony's is the equivalent to a blind person leading another blind person on a tight rope. A complete disaster.

I don't know if this woman is the one that thought of the Meet and Greet, but if it is it wouldn't shock me. Last time I checked a Meet and Greet was when you go meet an elementary school teacher not to meet and greet a grieving family. Next thing you know this lady would have had fruit punch and girl scout cookies at the meet and greet.

Sincerely,
EV1214
I am speechless over what you wrote! More of the same but this time in a church, a vigil for a poor lost baby. Have they no shame?
Maybe some nice music and sweet remembrance's of Caylee, but no of course not, more cop bashing. Oh, and it's nice she took the time to look presentable. :mad:

Chewing gum on virtually every public interview, scratching, sniffing, taking one's shoe off, wiping one's nose with one's hand...And a baseball cap is surprising?

No.

MOO

True...true...I forgot all of that...

I have noticed Cindy's frailty lately....especially at the "press conference" the other day. I too have much compassion for them and will continue to pray for them. As a grandparent myself, I just cannot imagine
the pain.

So sad to hear about the spokesperson at the vigil. They need to be rid of her. She is not doing them any good at all. Plus she looks unkempt to me. JMO

Hi EmMomma:
I do not know if KFN people were there or not. I can tell you that I did observe a vigil at their driveway right after Caylee was arrested at her home. The majority of the people sitting close by the Anthony's seem like the same people that were probably at their driveway.

Not sure though.

Sincerely,
EV1214

Thank you, and thank you for answering all of our questions. :blowkiss:
Em

No.

MOO

Same here.:bang:

Thank you for your observations. Sad isn't it...it sounds like it was more a wake than a vigil.

I have noticed Cindy's frailty lately....especially at the "press conference" the other day. I too have much compassion for them and will continue to pray for them. As a grandparent myself, I just cannot imagine
the pain.

So sad to hear about the spokesperson at the vigil. They need to be rid of her. She is not doing them any good at all. Plus she looks unkempt to me. JMO

I really do feel for them also, but I do think Cindy can play it up pretty well when she wants to. They need to get rid or her and KFN...........Unkempt, LOL, I would not go outside looking like that, much less on TV..........I know we all have bad days, but come on. (Laughing)
Thank you EV1214

You said the spokesperson spoke, what did she say? Was this a religious event with a sermon, what goes on at a vigil. I'm sorry to be asking these stupid questions, but I've never been to one.
I can't believe they would have a spokesperson speak at a vigil. How impersonal and contrived. Isn't this the fool who had the brilliant idea for a meet and greet?

This was what I was going to ask also......could you go into more detail on what Michelle said? How and why you didn't think it was well thought out, etc?

Any and all info you give is greatly appreciated. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.:blowkiss:

How awesome you are to think of us here at WS. A big Thank You and welcome to WS!

I agree and thank you so much for sharing.
I can not believe that Michelle Bart was so ignorant to
actually cuss in church! If I were the Anthonys, I would
have been so embarrassed, they need to ditch her asap.
Not being a fan of Cindy, I must admit that your description of
her made me feel really sad, I hope she heals and gets well someday.

Hi Janis396,

I arrived about 10 minutes late from the time I got there to the end of the vigil Cindy did not speak. I would be surprised if she spoke during the first 10 minutes because when I arrived she was vividly hunched over and grieving or praying. I could only see her from the back. For a moment, I thought George was going to get up and speak but instead he moved the microphone and a candle.

There was a person that could maybe of been Lee sitting in the front row, but I never saw his actual face. The guy was wearing a baseball hat...if my memory serves me correctly. I cannot confirm whether it was him or not.

Please let me know if anyone else has any questions.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

OK, I can't help it........that is horrible that a man wore a hat inside of a church, a baseball cap at that! :confused:

Sorry, and thank you again.

Elizabeth,
It would have been nice to hear that Cindy or George spoke about Caylee instead of the "spokesperson" they have now. She never knew Caylee and really it should have been someone who loves her. But, as Cindy says, it is what it is.
Thanks for sharing your perspective on it :)
Janis

You would think that Cindy or George would not want anyone except those who loved her and knew her best to speak.

My loved one taken from me in a cruel way? In a church? You could not of shut me up! It may of been hard to understand me through my tears and crying, but never would a "spokesperson" speak for my loved one...never.:mad:

I'm sorry if I didn't say it before, thank you for posting your insight. :)

Hi Fay,

There really wasen't too much of a religious tone to the vigil. There was I think one maybe two passages read. I do not know much about vigils, but as a human being I know what I would want if someone close to me was missing and potentially dead.

Sincerely,
EV1214

She should be on TV and not conducting vigils:mad: ,I personally find it very disrespectful.

This woman should never be anywhere near someone who is grieving. :furious:

ETA: nevermind

Hello Everyone:
This is my first time starting a thread so please forgive me if I make any errors in doing this!

Also, everything I have written in just my personal opinion on the take of the vigil.

I have been reading Websleuths daily ever since Caylee Anthony was reported missing. I just wanted to say first off how impressed I am by everyone's respect and comments amongst everyone.

I thought it may be interesting to provide my observations of this vigil, which I attended.

1. I was expecting a substanial amount of people to be at the church. I would say that there may have been 40 people at this vigil. Considering the media release of this vigil it was a very bleak turnout.

2. The people that did attend appear to be the very small amount of supporters that the Anthony's have. This is unfortunate because I would have expected people to attend to be there and pray for Caylee's safe return regardless of how the return will be.

3. Regardless of the critique of Cindy's actions at the heart of this is a grandmother and essentially a "second mother" starting to come to grips with the gravity of this situation. She was slumped over the entire time. She looked frail, she looked 100% different then the way she looked only 2 months ago.

4. George looked also very sad expect showing less emotion because it appears he has to stay strong for Cindy. He did rub her back for comfort.

5. I am entirely unimpressed with their spokeswoman. What she said in my opinion was not well thought out, did not make much sense, and frankly she came across as a complete amateur. It didn't feel heartfelt. It was not moving. It came across as she was promoting herself more than anything else. I am saddened that this is the person "officially" representing Caylee right now.

6. The end of the vigil had a beautiful video that showed many pictures of Caylee set to a beautiful Christian Song. This was the most moving part of the entire Vigil.

7. It did not appear that much thought was put into this vigil. They had two posters, which were on the floor standing up. I would of hopped thta maybe there could of been something on the altar symbolizing Caylee. Perhaps a toy perhaps a couple of pink roses.

8. Lastly, it felt very "raw" to be so close to the Anthony's. You can see that the suffering and reality of this all is starting to set in. You can see them breaking down. It was very painful to see.

Lastly, not related to the vigil specifically, but just a comment from a local's perspective....
Orlando is a town full of many famous sportstars from Tiger Woods to Horace Grant. Additionally, there is a lot of money from people who have developed orange groves, etc.

It has always surprised me that not one of them has put forth a large reward or done something towards this case. I believe the reason they haven't is for the same exact reason why less than 50 people showed up. Noone wants to be connected to this family and no one believes them.

I truly hope something happens to make Casey Anthony confess. So that closure can be brought forth to the grandparents.

If anyone has any specific questions about this vigil feel free to ask me. I thought it would be helpful to provide my eyes and ears!

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Thanks EV1214 (Elizabeth) for your first hand account of the vigil. It's always nice to have a report from someone who attended an event. I look forward to your posts. :)

"I am saddened that this is the person "officially" representing Caylee right now."

She doesn't represent Caylee. She represents the Anthony's.

MOO

Thanks for sharing your experience, Elizabeth. I have to agree with Gram2: as mad as I get at the Anthonys, I too can't help but feel heartbroken for them... they are in pain and I am sure that pain has influenced some of their misguided moves. I also feel that all of the wrong people have their claws in them (read: KFN)... their new "spoke-person" is an embarrassment and is not helping matters, one bit. It doesn't take eloquence to know that you do not speak that way in a house of worship... and a vigil for Caylee is not a place to promote ones self.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back