OCSO Claims No New Charges On The Horizon

what I still don't understand is
they know she is lying about many things including what happened to her daugther
not they think she is lying they know it for a fact.
she said an imaginary person took her for goodness sake
so how can she not be charged with something substanial
doesn't this set a very bad precedent for future missing children

I agree. I think she had the gas cans full of gas as well as a full tank of gas and she drove way the hell out yonder and did whatever she did and drove back. I think it was during the time she was incommunicado and therefore no pings to show where she went. I think her fav show CSI gave her some clues on what not to do and she knew not to call anyone - im sure she knows what a cell phone tower is. Thats what makes those 2 days of no calls or text so damn incriminating. We all know she was a hard-core cell phone addict...

I feel so bad for LE in all this. They have a near impossible task but I am trying to have faith that the evil thing will not get away with it. She certainly is not smarter than they so there is NO WAY she can... (crossing self, crossing fingers and toes and touching wood)

ETA - I have always thought she had those cans in the car to a few reasons: 1) To sit on top of the poor wee baby and hide her bagged body. 2) Disguise the smell of squirrels with the smell of petrol. 3) So she didnt have to go to get gas on her way out of town.

I posted this in july:

12.6 gallon road trip
http://www.automotive.com/1998/09/po...ire/index.html the Car the poi was driving was a 98 Pontiac Sunfire. The above link demonstrates that for this particular car, the miles per gallon is 24 miles per gallon in the city and 34 miles per gallon on the highway.

June gas prices in Orlando florida were an average of 3.95. Grandpa stated around fifty dollars of gas were stolen 24 June. Not knowing when he filled those cans I will estimate at the June average price... which means there were arounnd 12.6 gallons of gas.
http://www.orlandogasprices.com/

She now has 12.6 gallons of gas in her pontiac sunfire. We know her car, when abandoned at amscott, was out of gas. 12.6 gallons of gas in a sunfire will go 302.4 miles. That would be 151.2 miles each way. So what locations can be around 150 miles from Orlando? Where could the poi have went on a 150 mile road trip... could she have dumped the body at this time?

I am honestly kind of tired of LE being accused of poorly handling this case. Please put the blame where it belongs: CA

SHE never called the cops when KC stole from her, her parents, her friends. SHE didn't call IMMEDIATELY when they found the car 'smells like there's been a dead body'. SHE didn't call the police when KC disappeared and then wouldn't let her talk to Caylee for a month. What other things did she NOT call the police about when she should have? There is SO much that we DON'T know about this case. The things that were released were the things that aren't going to a GJ. I highly doubt that they only had 1 recorded interview with most of these people. You KNOW they have much, much more on KC and are just waiting until all their ducks are in a row. Patience is required. Justice WILL be served. I have complete faith in LE on this case! Please stop blaming them for not being psychic and going to the A's house before they called for help. CA kept leaving the room when LA was speaking with KC BEFORE LE was called. Don't you think she had probably already washed the pants BEFORE LE arrived/was called? Please don't blame LE for CA's poor choices (I think GA's hands have been kind of tied when it comes to handling KC. My guess is that if GA were the one 'in charge' of raising KC things would have been handled much differently and none of this would ever have happened). I'm sorry, I'm just sick and tired of seeing people knock LE over this case. Put the blame where it belongs. OK done ranting now. *steps off soapbox*

may I add that it would seem to me that LE started out looking at this as a missing person/ child case 31 days LATE and then had to start "switching gears" as they began to realize THE HARD WAY that there may be something more that that!.....behind the 8 ball , having to wade thru lie after lie....I mean , come on .......look at what all the smart people on here are doing.......some STILL are looking for a LIVE Calyee......LE is good but they have had to wade thru forests of smoke and mirrors, lies , concoctions ....if they can be patient....so can we......
am I wrong here? at what point to you think it became clear to them that this was not just a MISSING child but possibly worse? (or maybe what I just wrote doesn't make sense.......my brain is getting muddled from all this ...Dazed and:confused:)

I believe in LE, I am sure the task at hand is difficult, but the mere thought that this chick will continue to sleep in her own bed at night for weeks to come, just ruffles my feathers..
So much in fact, I think its a good idea to take a step back for a few hours and enjoy a nap..lol websleuths is keeping me up too late at night, and getting me up too early in the mornings..
I'll keep the faith that Caylee will be found, and charges will come soon.:crazy:

I posted this in july:

12.6 gallon road trip
http://www.automotive.com/1998/09/po...ire/index.html the Car the poi was driving was a 98 Pontiac Sunfire. The above link demonstrates that for this particular car, the miles per gallon is 24 miles per gallon in the city and 34 miles per gallon on the highway.

June gas prices in Orlando florida were an average of 3.95. Grandpa stated around fifty dollars of gas were stolen 24 June. Not knowing when he filled those cans I will estimate at the June average price... which means there were arounnd 12.6 gallons of gas.
http://www.orlandogasprices.com/

She now has 12.6 gallons of gas in her pontiac sunfire. We know her car, when abandoned at amscott, was out of gas. 12.6 gallons of gas in a sunfire will go 302.4 miles. That would be 151.2 miles each way. So what locations can be around 150 miles from Orlando? Where could the poi have went on a 150 mile road trip... could she have dumped the body at this time?

If George was including the cost of the cans in his estimate for his loss it was less than 12.6 gallons of gas. Something in his audio statement lead me to believe he included the cost of the cans too.

they know she is lying about many things including what happened to her daugther
I agree with you JMCDAD.

It is 100% fact that Casey has lied from the very start! Every single word out of her mouth... a lie!
Add to that the fact that this investigation began 31 days too late, all because of Casey hiding the fact anything wrong happening at all!

It seems to me that if you are the custodial parent of a child, and that child happens to disappear and you fail to even make mention of that fact to any human being for 31 days, then when the fact does come to light you blatently lie over and over again! WTH?
Seems to me that is more than enough to put the mother away for a very very long time!:furious:

If George was including the cost of the cans in his estimate for his loss it was less than 12.6 gallons of gas. Something in his audio statement lead me to believe he included the cost of the cans too.
ok. So 100 miles each way. Either way she could have driven that car a loooong time or a long way with that much gas and figuring her gas mileage. imhoo

I don't understand how people are frustrated with law enforcement not finding a body. Even with cell phone pings, think about it. Caylee wasn't even 3 years old. She could be anywhere, and we don't even know the whole story. The one person with the whole story isn't talking. Like others have stated, with it being warmer and decomposition happening faster when it's hotter, law enforcement may only be looking for bones at this point.

That's not easy, folks :D

But they aren't giving up, and I'm glad they're not rushing to trial. On the contrary, this shows exactly how responsible they are. It's a sad image, but in my mind I can see Caylee telling them, "Not yet. Wait for me."

With a body, they'll have everything they need. Anyone that wants them to rush doesn't want the justice that Caylee deserves. We're all impatient, I know I am.. but Caylee deserves the best trial she can get.

I agree that finding a body isn't necessarily easy, especially when a person has a month and doesn't need to rush hiding it. With the smell in the car we don't know if she moved it once, twice or several times. Even limited to the areas where her cell pinged it is a massive effort considering the fact she could be in water or buried.

I don't agree that they'll have everything they need if they have a body. They still need to prove Casey killed her.

I agree with you JMCDAD.

It is 100% fact that Casey has lied from the very start! Every single word out of her mouth... a lie!
Add to that the fact that this investigation began 31 days too late, all because of Casey hiding the fact anything wrong happening at all!

It seems to me that if you are the custodial parent of a child, and that child happens to disappear and you fail to even make mention of that fact to any human being for 31 days, then when the fact does come to light you blatently lie over and over again! WTH?
Seems to me that is more than enough to put the mother away for a very very long time!:furious:
And can you imagine how much longer Casey would have let it go on if her mother had not called police? What stumps me is that cynthia almost makes me believe...thru her words and actions...that she wishes she had never called LE as well, said what she did about the car smell, etc. For the love of God...the woman won't give her credit card statements to LE because of course NOW she doesn't want to press charges about the theft of her money or her car. The woman is truly a study in contradictions. (help! I just lost my good mood LOL But that seems to happen any time I think of a mother....speaking of Cynthia....acting like that in such a situation!!!!! Mind boggling!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that info, I forgot about the Flordia double jepordy law. I have to state, I as well am confused on this point as I can not for the life of me figure out how a neglect charge would tie into murder.

But, beings I don't live in flordia, I'll trust our flordia wsers on the point that she can not be tried for murder.

I always thought double jeopardy ment one could not be charged twice for the same crime. I should go look that up.

This is what I found so far, so from what I'm readying they could got to trial for neglect and murder:

But Florida has a loophole:

LOOPHOLE COULD ALLOW CASEY TO BEAT SYSTEM

A loophole could allow Caylee Anthony's mother to beat the system. She's still only facing charges of child neglect and giving false statements.

If her attorney asks for a speedy trial, they could be the only charges she ever faces. Florida law prohibits a person from being tried on more serious charges at a later date if the person stands trial for something that's related.

"If you lose a kid and that results in a child's death, that's one and the same case, because those are manslaughter charges," said board-certified trial attorney Richard Hornsby.

If Casey was found guilty of child neglect, she would only serve up to five years in prison versus a maximum of life for murder. Still, detectives have never said that Caylee Anthony is dead or that Casey is under investigation for murder or manslaughter.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17193405/detail.html

My understanding is they would have to drop the neglect charges and then charge her for murder.

may I add that it would seem to me that LE started out looking at this as a missing person/ child case 31 days LATE and then had to start "switching gears" as they began to realize THE HARD WAY that there may be something more that that!.....behind the 8 ball , having to wade thru lie after lie....I mean , come on .......look at what all the smart people on here are doing.......some STILL are looking for a LIVE Calyee......LE is good but they have had to wade thru forests of smoke and mirrors, lies , concoctions ....if they can be patient....so can we......
am I wrong here? at what point to you think it became clear to them that this was not just a MISSING child but possibly worse? (or maybe what I just wrote doesn't make sense.......my brain is getting muddled from all this ...Dazed and:confused:)

I think LE knew from day one that they were not looking for a missing child. They had a mother who didn't report her child missing for 31 days and a car that smelled of decomp. I'm sure they have searched for a live Caylee, but I bet they realized that something more sinister had probably happened from the start of this case.

I have thought this as well but all they can charge her with is obstruction. They can't make her talk and have to prove she harmed Caylee. It personally makes me ill to think a child can be gone and a parent doesn't have to talk. I have no solution for this as I believe a "person of interest" should have the right to remain silent. In cases like this it just doesn't seem right but how to we pick and choose which rights which defendant should have? It can't work that way. I have heard of cases where a journalist is jailed in an attempt to get them to reveal a source...or did I just see that on a TV show? :waitasec:

I believe in LE, I am sure the task at hand is difficult, but the mere thought that this chick will continue to sleep in her own bed at night for weeks to come, just ruffles my feathers..

Ah, but at least she's not in the bed of her choice and her home may be much better than a jail cell in some ways, but it is a kind of prison, too.
No parties for the party girl. No men for the man trap.

I wouldn't give a nickel for her chances of getting off and I think she knows it, too. Think "The Pit and the Pendulum" without the hope of rescue by the French army.

Can you just imagine the tension in that house? I would think that it would be much more comfortable to be in solitary in jail than to be in her parents home under these circumstances.

I think LE knew from day one that they were not looking for a missing child. They had a mother who didn't report her child missing for 31 days and a car that smelled of decomp. I'm sure they have searched for a live Caylee, but I bet they realized that something more sinister had probably happened from the start of this case.
And she didn't report her missing after 31 days....Granny did... isn't that completely sick and twisted?

Ah, but at least she's not in the bed of her choice and her home may be much better than a jail cell in some ways, but it is a kind of prison, too.
No parties for the party girl. No men for the man trap.

I wouldn't give a nickel for her chances of getting off and I think she knows it, too. Think "The Pit and the Pendulum" without the hope of rescue by the French army.
shifty.gif
I like how you think!!

I agree with you JMCDAD.

exactly
lay out the story, expose all the lies
and let a jury decide

bottome line is a little girl is missing and her mother didn't report her missing and then when forced to answer about it, lied about everything
:mad:

may I add that it would seem to me that LE started out looking at this as a missing person/ child case 31 days LATE and then had to start "switching gears" as they began to realize THE HARD WAY that there may be something more that that!.....behind the 8 ball , having to wade thru lie after lie

I agree. Even starting 31 days behind the 8 ball, they were still savvy enough to smell bs when they encountered it. I'm a pretty smart cookie but my hat is really off to them for realizing so quickly that she was lying herself silly. I mean, sure, cops encounter liars all the time. But an entire made up life? Not so much, I'll bet.

you just don't know how much reading yuri's words made my day and how much I thank you for sharing, dude! In fact...I am so uplifted I am posting his words again.

Would you please stop spamming that quote?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back