OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

These poor people who have loved ones missing. Thinking there's even a possibility this could have been where they met their fate.
:(
fran

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/10/police_stationed_outside_house.html

Police are also setting up a mobile command center at East 123rd Street and Soika Avenue where they are asking people with missing relatives to bring anything with potential DNA evidence. They hope it will help investigators determine the identity of the dead people found inside Sowell's Imperial Avenue home.

Has the presser happened yet? I'm not seeing any live links.

I think they may have already had the presser. Fox 8 stated that they had the press conference. They said that he was arrested and they are continuing to search for bodies.

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-bodies-grave-in-home-txt,0,3291855.story

It sounds as if they had the press conference at 11:45 to ask the public to be on the lookout and arrested him after noon. (putting the various local news stories together)

Wow- he was just walking around in plain sight. Someone spotted him and went to the police station and the police went to arrest him. Thank goodness he's no longer out there! Let's pray they keep him this time!

LE is high-fiving that they got him? I think the observant passer-by "got him". He/she gets my vote.

Can someone explain why so many people in Cleveland were asking what Sowell looked like as long ago as 17-18 hours? Wasn't his picture plastered everywhere? We had links to it. I realize that not everyone has internet but I would think that the TV news channels available in Cleveland would have splashed photos across the screen every few minutes. It seems odd that so many people were even unclear as to the man's race.

Well I sure hope the person who came in and reported him gets the reward money...At least someone was paying attention !

This hits home as I know the area like the back of my hand.
The area is riddled with violence and is very poor.
I hope they can identify these people soon. *sigh*

LE is high-fiving that they got him? I think the observant passer-by "got him". He/she gets my vote.

I agree Missizzy- seems they got lucky on this one- real lucky, thanks to a very alert and very brave citizen.

It sounds as if this guy was well known as a rapist in the neighborhood and beyond. Why why why was he roaming free? He's sick!
Maybe the people in this neighborhood feel so beaten down and lack faith in LE so much that they didn't even bother to report him, or the smell of death (which is pretty unmistakable)?
Sad.

I live in Cleve. the thing I can't believe is how many people right around his area have loved ones missing. This seems like some war torn third world country where you could go missing and nobody will ever hear of you again. EVERY missing person should be looked for like Morgan Harrington and Lacey Peterson etc....

They're going to have a news conference at 11:45a.m.

From the above link:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/10/police_stationed_outside_house.html

Posted by RollinHearse
October 31, 2009, 9:47AM
Hey guys. I was one of the HRT's (Human Remains Technicians) that first arrived on the scene AND has been there over the last few days. To be completely honest the whole neighborhood stunk, but not until you got within 4 or 5 houses you could smell the decomp. What i don't understand is the bodies were so badly decomped we could not even tell male or female, which means they were sitting for atleast a month and a half. Sheriffs department was at his house on 9/22/2009. Which means they are either completely stupid or just stupid for not being able to smell the decomp of a 2 week old body. The whole neighborhood would have smelled it. And BTW ,None of these are the girls from the west side that were taken in 03-04 and 05-06.....

He has a good point about LE. They were there on 9/22. So either the remains weren't there or hadn't been there long when they were there. Or they just never noticed the odor.........

According to that article AS's half bro says that his stepmom owns the home. And that he hasn't been able to get in touch with his stepmom. Neighbors have said that stepmom is in a nursing home. So she might be one possibility for one set of remains. Surely LE is checking on her?

Wow! Thank God they caught him. I am surprised he didn't put up a fight at all or even bother to run. He didn't even leave the area he was familiar with!
He's a odd one, i wonder if he's responsible for more murders.
The main thing is they caught him quick!

CNN is saying strangled too. All the articles are stressing that the remains could have been there for "weeks, months or years." So I think the cops who were there in Sept. have some explaining to do.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/31/ohio.cleveland.bodies/

I agree. Something here stinks! I mean that in the literal sense too!

From what people on the comment sections in the local news, there is a sausage processing shop next door, or something like that. Sounds as if there is a lot of smells going on around the area. I read that a neighbor said that there was a smell a while back or something like that.

I had something dead stinking around my home in the middle of August a few years ago. It took about a week to find it. It was a dead opossum that fell into a barrell in the neighbors back yard. Stunk up the whole area and was a smell that I would never forget.

About the sausage shop, I read about that in one of the links. One poster says it stinks, another said yes it smelled, but smelled good. I would think that the neighbors would be familiar with and used to the smell from that. So when they talked about something stinking, I wouldn't think they would be talking about a smell they were used to.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back