OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

state and defence going through exhibits, did read that state will have Sowell indergo pysh evaluation, not sure about this, surely he was thoroughly evaluated pre trial

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-c...tate-rests-its-case,0,7444025.story?track=rss

Defense Ready to Take Center Stage in Sowell Trial

..............., Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Judge Dick Ambrose, dropped two of the 85 charges against Sowell. They include a kidnapping and aggravated murder charge, relating to alleged victim Leshanda Long. Long's skull was found in a bucket in Sowell's basement back in 2009. The rest of her body was never found.

Judge Ambrose made the ruling, saying no ligature was found around her neck and there was no proof that she had been restrained.............

................................snip....................................

Sowell tells investigators that the women he met reminded him of his ex-girlfriend. He says she was addicted to crack cocaine, and after he helped her kick the habit, she dumped him.

DETECTIVE: "How come you ain't kill her?"

SOWELL: "I loved her."

DETECTIVE: "She's the one that put you through all what she put you through...not these six girls." SOWELL: "You hear me? I loved her...I love her more than anything." DETECTIVE: "So you gonna take that love/hate from her and put it on these six girls
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-c...tate-rests-its-case,0,7444025.story?track=rss

still going over evidence to be entered into trial, jury to be sequestered during deliberations

defence did not call any witnesses in its cic, closings begin tomorrow at 9am

1:59 p.m.: "You're not here to solve a mystery. You're here to determine if the state proved its case," Parker said. "There's no rhyme or reason to this. And when you look at the ligatures, there's no consistency. None. It seems to be whatever was at hand."

"Wouldn't you want to test the ligatures? Just one time!" Parker yelled. "This man is an honorably discharged member of the U.S. Marines Corp deserves better. The 11 women whose bodies were found, they deserve better. And you, as a jury, you deserve better. The state didn't even try."

The attorney said Sowell was in pain during the interrogation, rubbing his head and the pace maker in his chest.

"," Parker said.This case is about a man who was spurned by a woman, who had an addiction problem and went out and did all these horrible things From above link.

This sounds like the defense attorney is admitting guilt? Maybe the blogger misinterpreted?

It's better if I don't listen. Back with updates later.

Defense done. Thank goodness.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/crime/bodies_found/Day-15-Anthony-Sowell-trial

2:58 p.m.: "Over the next few day, Cleveland and the surrounding suburbs, the state of Ohio and all over the United States, people were in shock. Cleveland has a serial killer," Carr said.

"I know everybody said he's a good guy. He helped out everyone He I guess he ran an all-night cemetery too," Carr said. "'Hey, Tony, you think I can put this body in your basement.' Because he was a nice guy."
"'Thanks for burrying Crystal so nicely,'" Carr said, mocking the defense. "After that, no more Mr. Nice Guy."

2:44 p.m.: The courtroom is packed after a brief break, as assistant prosecuting attorney Pinkey Carr walks to the center of the room to address the jurors. Carr said the jury has heard from 62 witnesses and determine what to believe.

"You have the right to believe some, all or none," Carr said. "The proof in this case is proof beyond a reasonable doubt."

jury has to sign off on 250 jury charge sheets, wonder how long they will be out, being sequestered will mean they can work long hours,

I think the defence is saving there powder for the penalty phase,

The jury is sequestered as of Wednesday. I hope he gets the needle.
:seeya:

jury still deliberating, they have alot of evidence to ponder on,and alot of forms to sign

no verdict today, jury will continue tomorrow, taking more time than I expected

They have a lot to review, I believe the judge gave them 14 folders of victims/charges, that will take them some time to go over no matter what the decision. I don't have a doubt it will be guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty , guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty. jmo of course

Supposedly the verdict is coming back at 2:15pm EDT. I heard they took about 15 hours of deliberation. Will be watching on HLN as I'm home from work today.

Well, the jury gave the forms to the judge. Seems that's there over 200 forms that the judge now has to review. They had 1000 pages of jury instructions, too, to review in their 15 hours of deliberation. WOW.

Sounds like there's over 80 charges against this guy, including over 20 capital (i.e., death penalty eligible) charges.

I would say that it HAS to be a lot of guilty verdicts, but I thought that about The Other Trial too, so I will hold my opinion.

guilty with the specification that makes him death penalty eligible

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back