OH OH - Clara Frost/Koprowski, sister of Albert Frost/Preble County Penny, 1950 - 1952

I wish we had more info. Where she went missing from, exactly when she went missing... missing between 1950-1952 is suspicious. My thoughts are maybe the entry was made by one of her grandchildren or a niece/nephew? She had two children, both of whom would have been too young to remember her if she went missing 1950-52. Both children died fairly young, in 1994 and 1998 aged 45 and 50. It seems Clara's husband remarried in 1952. He also died young, in 1962. In Clara's daughter's obit, her stepmother is referred to as her mother... and another person has added the context on the website that she was not her mother. The husband and new wife seem to have had two more children who as far as I can see are still alive.

My guess is... they know she was alive in 1949 as that's when her son was born. Then in 1952, her husband marries another woman, so they know she was missing then. Sounds like a family mystery and perhaps she hasn't been formally reported missing. That does imply a certain person could be responsible for her disappearance.

I wish we had more info. Where she went missing from, exactly when she went missing... missing between 1950-1952 is suspicious. My thoughts are maybe the entry was made by one of her grandchildren or a niece/nephew? She had two children, both of whom would have been too young to remember her if she went missing 1950-52. Both children died fairly young, in 1994 and 1998 aged 45 and 50. It seems Clara's husband remarried in 1952. He also died young, in 1962. In Clara's daughter's obit, her stepmother is referred to as her mother... and another person has added the context on the website that she was not her mother. The husband and new wife seem to have had two more children who as far as I can see are still alive.

My guess is... they know she was alive in 1949 as that's when her son was born. Then in 1952, her husband marries another woman, so they know she was missing then. Sounds like a family mystery and perhaps she hasn't been formally reported missing. That does imply a certain person could be responsible for her disappearance.
I think Clara will be reported missing soon, if she hasn't. Police now know she's missing, as they found this out when they identified Albert's remains.

On the Find a Grave link the name "Inez Elasa" is shown with her name. Any ideas what this may signify? The Elasa is especially odd. Inez Elisa would be a clear name but Elasa?

Well I can't figure out why that's there either. I realize this info probably doesn't apply to this case, but I still just want to mention a little thing that I noticed - both "Inez" and "Elasa" show as related to Greek names on these sites:

Inez Name Meaning​

Originating from the Greek name “Agnes,” Inez is a unique and captivating name that holds a deep historical significance

And Elasa:

Elasa (Greek: Ελάσα) is an island that can be found northeast of Crete in the Aegean Sea, about 3.5 nautical miles (6.5 kilometres; 4.0 miles) from the palm tree forest of Vai.

How very strange. Albert went missing, was identified, and now foul play is suspected. Then, Clara is missing? Who went missing first? How about reexamining where Albert was found? Maybe Clara was also there? Going to have to look into this a bit more.
Clara would have gone missing first as she definitely went missing 1950-1952 and Albert was known to still be alive (and homeless) in the early to mid 60s.

I don't think there's anything credible to the theory that Clara was sold by her mother, as she was known to be alive and living in the US with a husband in 1949.

Clara would have gone missing first as she definitely went missing 1950-1952 and Albert was known to still be alive (and homeless) in the early to mid 60s.

I don't think there's anything credible to the theory that Clara was sold by her mother, as she was known to be alive and living in the US with a husband in 1949.
While we can't rule out the theory of Clara being sold by her mother, I do agree. Clara's remains are likely in the United States.

On the Find a Grave link the name "Inez Elasa" is shown with her name. Any ideas what this may signify? The Elasa is especially odd. Inez Elisa would be a clear name but Elasa?
I honestly think this was a culmination of transcription/interpretation errors. Clara appears in the 1930 census with her family as Clara, but someone on Ancestry has added an update on the record page to include the name Elasa. To be fair, I can see how one could read that as Elasa. I’m guessing that’s how those two names (Elasa & Inez) were added to the Find A Grave.

JMO. It’s also possible that whoever added those names knows something we don’t. I see that sometimes too.
IMG_3023.jpeg

In 1949 Clara shows up in the Pittsburgh city directory living with her husband Chester at 4602 Plummer St. In the 1950 census, she and Chester (and their 2 kids) are living at 3675 E 76th St in Cleveland in Ohio. After that, I don't know. It'd be easier to track her down, if that's even possible online, if we knew her birthday.

And "missing" people in families, I think plenty of families have cases like this. My mom's uncle went out west in the 1940s or 1950s and never contacted the family again. We only know what happened to him because we found him in online records (he seems to have lived a normal life as a mechanic in Northern California). Another family story said one guy was hung as thief in Colorado; again, online records reveal that was false... guy died of cancer in Detroit in the 1950s. Families had breaks and filled them with "info", esp. in the pre-digital era.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
The only info that would be public would be marriage records. However, if she married under another name, then it would be hard to track. If she married under the name Clara Frost (which is traditional), then she would be easier to track.

According to the 1930 Census she was likely born in either March 1929 (It gives her age as 1 and 1/12 )

Family search has a pretty good family file. However, it only sources the 1930 Census and 1940 Census.

I appears from Find a Grave she gave birth to her children in Pennsylvania. She could have been married there. It is hard to obtain digital records from Pennsylvania.

I can't find her or her husband in the 1950 census.

Last edited by a moderator:

She was born either March 13th or 14th of 1929. I verified that by the other two babies born in this announcement. I think most likely the 13th.

Her, Chester and the children appear in the 1950 census (enumerated April 8, 1950). For some reason, images of the 1940 census aren’t showing up for me on Ancestry or FamilySearch.

Last edited:
In the find a grave memorial for her, birth date is March 14, 1929 in Hamilton,
Butler County, Ohio, USA.
I don't know who made the memorial, but I think it's based on the paperclipping. Clara M “Inez” Frost Koprowski (1929-unknown) -...

but...I also found this (the record should reflect births from 1959 to 1998 but comes up with a birth from 1929?)
Clara Frost
In Ohio, Birth Register, 1959-1998

f976bf4db68eeb0df4a4a45d0e4f3950.

NameClara Frost
SexWoman
BirthMarch 13, 1929

Hamilton, Butler, Ohio, United States
Mother Maiden NameBarryman
State file number1929018188

Last edited:
In the find a grave memorial for her, birth date is March 14, 1929 in Hamilton,
Butler County, Ohio, USA.
I don't know who made the memorial, but I think it's based on the paperclipping. Clara M “Inez” Frost Koprowski (1929-unknown) -...

but...I also found this (the record should reflect births from 1959 to 1998 but comes up with a birth from 1929?)
Clara Frost
In Ohio, Birth Register, 1959-1998

f976bf4db68eeb0df4a4a45d0e4f3950.

NameClara Frost
SexWoman
BirthMarch 13, 1929

Hamilton, Butler, Ohio, United States
Mother Maiden NameBarryman
State file number1929018188

I honestly think this was a culmination of transcription/interpretation errors. Clara appears in the 1930 census with her family as Clara, but someone on Ancestry has added an update on the record page to include the name Elasa. To be fair, I can see how one could read that as Elasa. I’m guessing that’s how those two names (Elasa & Inez) were added to the Find A Grave.

JMO. It’s also possible that whoever added those names knows something we don’t. I see that sometimes too.
View attachment 462361
I asked what verification I needed to prove I was a relative and never received a reply. I am in touch daily with Det. Turner and Olivia McMasters from the DNA lab who did Alberts DNA. Theyve both independently verified me being a family member.

Cautiously optimistic, but Det. Turner is looking into a lead I found on Wednesday that may explain what happened to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back