OH - Corinne Gump, 10yo rape victim dies in fire just before trial, 30 March 2015

I guess he could have had a grilling mishap. :thinking:

Video of interview with the mom: http://www.wfmj.com/story/28718820/21-news-speaks-with-mom-of-girl-who-died-in-youngstown-fire

I can't hear it on this laptop but there's a short transcript of part of it. One thing stood out to me. The mom said:

LYNN SCHMIDT: He said that he would not kill me because he wanted me to suffer as much as he was going to suffer for going to jail. And he would make sure it was a way that we would suffer and I guess his way was my parents and my daughter. But if we don't have the proof then.. I'm just praying they find some proof and that's all I can say.

bbm I know this all too well. That is something someone completely ruthless would say and do. I'm living proof of the receiving end. I don't know if the mom is truthful about the whole thing or not, I wish I could hear the video, some comments on the news story on FB are making me wonder what and how she's saying it...

Okay wait, what? Other part of the transcript:

LYNN SCHMIDT: I don't believe it was an accident, in my opinion. But I'm praying that the police can find what really caused the fire because I do not believe it was accidental, and especially on the day my daughter was going to testify in the rape trial. I hope they find him.

Find who? Does this get cleared up in the video?

I can't open the video but her saying she can't offer an explanation to why she was at his house makes it sound as though she has no good explanation for why she was at his house rather than the inferno burning up her daughter and parents.

JMO

I can't open the video but her saying she can't offer an explanation to why she was at his house makes it sound as though she has no good explanation for why she was at his house rather than the inferno burning up her daughter and parents.

JMO

I agree.

Nope. She said it fast and quietly, almost drawing away when she said it. Reporter didn't respond to it.

http://wkbn.com/2015/03/30/3-dead-in-youngstown-fire/

"Prosecutors said they had been looking for the girl’s mom for some time in advance of Seman’s trial but had been unable to locate her. Authorities have not charged the mother in connection with either the girl’s rape or Monday’s fire and have not said that she is a suspect in either incident. When questioned by a WKBN reporter Monday afternoon on her way in to the police department, the woman did not respond."

Interesting. Why would they be unable to find the mom and why would she be hiding from them before the rape trial?

First of all, I would say mom is the possible source of the leaks. She sure loves to talk.

Funny thing about those monitoring bracelets. The million dollar question will be whether or not his was monitored real time or with a delay or if he figured out how to jam it. Anyone remember the serial offenders in LA who were raping and murdering prostitutes while braceleted?

The challenge is releasing what they find about those monitors and how to do it given the number of parolees who are wearing the ones being tracked by that company. If there is a failure there, the public has a right to know. But if there was a failure there, ugh, there are other parolees who are being tracked as well. KWIM?

This poor brave little girl.

First of all, I would say mom is the possible source of the leaks. She sure loves to talk.

Funny thing about those monitoring bracelets. The million dollar question will be whether or not his was monitored real time or with a delay or if he figured out how to jam it. Anyone remember the serial offenders in LA who were raping and murdering prostitutes while braceleted?

The challenge is releasing what they find about those monitors and how to do it given the number of parolees who are wearing the ones being tracked by that company. If there is a failure there, the public has a right to know. But if there was a failure there, ugh, there are other parolees who are being tracked as well. KWIM?

This poor brave little girl.
Rapists and child molesters are violent offenders. I don't understand why they wouldn't be held without bond until the trial. Our country disapproves of the way countries like India view rape, but IMO we (as a nation) need to start taking rape and child molestation a lot more seriously ourselves. They are felonies.

I remember the murder of an 11-year-old girl in Cincinnati after she confronted her best friend's stepfather, who was molesting the best friend. The girl's grandmother contacted authorities, so the man was being investigated but meanwhile he walked free. One morning while the girl was getting ready for school, the man sneaked into the grandmother's house (where the girl lived) and shot the girl in the head. That case still haunts me. Never should have happened. Neither should this. :(

Rapists and child molesters are violent offenders. I don't understand why they wouldn't be held without bond until the trial. Our country disapproves of the way countries like India view rape, but IMO we (as a nation) need to start taking rape and child molestation a lot more seriously ourselves. They are felonies.

I remember the murder of an 11-year-old girl in Cincinnati after she confronted her best friend's stepfather, who was molesting the best friend. The girl's grandmother contacted authorities, so the man was being investigated but meanwhile he walked free. One morning while the girl was getting ready for school, the man sneaked into the grandmother's house (where the girl lived) and shot the girl in the head. That case still haunts me. Never should have happened. Neither should this. :(

I absolutely agree. This 10 year old and her grandparents were uniquely vulnerable. I realize that the bracelet may have given a false sense of security to LE and probably to little one and the adults who ACTUALLY loved her. (Sorry, very bitter feelings about mom.) The bracelets are only as good as the technology. They arent fail safe. They can be tampered with and jammed, although all of it will leave a trail.

Imagine how evil you must be to take this kind of effort to make your victim go away. I wonder if it was belief that if he killed her, he couldnt be prosecuted or if it was simply revenge because she told. My money is on the latter, fwiw.

I have come late to reading this case but IMO, if your mother chooses your rapist and murderer over you, you don't have much of a chance. Nor did her parents who were simply trying to rescue the girl.

Robert Seman murder trial still one year away
Posted: Aug 05, 2015 9:44 AM CST Updated: Aug 10, 2015 10:31 AM CST
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -
It will be at least a year before a Green Township man is put on trial for allegedly setting fire to a home containing an elderly couple and their ten-year-old granddaughter who he is accused of raping.

During a hearing in Mahoning County Common Pleas Court on Wednesday, Judge Maureen Sweeney set a September 12, 2016 trial date for forty-six-year-old Robert Seman who is charged with ten counts of aggravated murder, three counts of arson, and three counts of burglary.

More at link.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/30583567/youngstown-triple-murder-house-demolished

[h=3]Youngstown triple murder house demolished[/h]
Rubble is all that is left of a Youngstown home where the bodies of a little girl and her grandparents were found following a purposely set fire last March.

Relatives, who where on the scene during the demolition, were able to have crews halt the process so they could retrieve toys, drawings and other keepsakes that belonged to Corrinne.

Workers managed to salvage Corinne's toy chest, some drawings and the family china cabinet.

Heartbreaking. :(

http://wkbn.com/2015/12/16/seman-appears-for-pretrial-in-youngstown-arson-murder-case/

[h=1]Seman appears for pretrial in Youngstown arson-murder case[/h]
For the first time in a long time, Seman appeared in street clothes.
He’s still in jail, but the judge allowed him to wear regular clothes for a few hours instead of his jail suit.

What? Why?

Lawyers will have monthly hearings on the case up until the trial, which is scheduled to start in September of 2016.

Feeling sad for the families of the victims... cases dragging out for that long are incredibly draining. I personally find it ridiculous that such long timeframes are allowed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back