GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's an interesting article. Why does it sound like SK is almost making the mother out to be the model mom? That she went in and checked on the baby multiple times after they got back home, then surely whoever saw that would have seen her leave with the baby or?

What I see in this is that they left to 'go buy cigarettes' to make a plan of what to do and then came back and got the baby and left again 'to go to the dollar store.' Why would they need to go together to buy cigarettes when there are children that need to be watched? Both of them had to go? I'm not buying for a second that this is where they went and I think the police know that.

Ditto. Psychics don't exist. I bet her dogs are even embarrassed;)

I wouldn't say they don't exist. Just that Gail St. John is not credible, nor are her dogs. She uses the media and inserts herself into missing child cases. :furious:

Elaina deserves better. Hopefully, TES can help out. It's been too long. :banghead:

CE on NG stated AS & SK went to Dollar General, not Family Dollar. Here are the DG stores , with miles away from Federal Ave. Maybe video, search of dumpsters, parking lot of the few closest would help, along with the Universal Mart below.

http://www.dollargeneral.com/storeL...s5LqBHBrzrNrlGTJTG4KBVmZJpNJ4NnhLQJ!993194590 put in Federal Ave address ( just figured out it re-sets)

Also: This is the only Universal Mini-Mart listed for Toledo

Universal Mini Mart
1111 Starr Ave
Toledo, OH - Lucas County
(419) 690-8276

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #3

"Christie: What they told me is it was a regular morning she was no different than any other morning -
they played with her, changed her diaper, gave her a cup, laid her down, went out to a store called "universal"...

angela was in and out of the house, like, she would go outside and smoke then go back in, then they went out to the dollar general, got back ,then TJ showed up, gave her the first um daughter, TJ left got his dad came back, argued again, my aunt sent steven inside... (rest of timeline)"

ETA: CE's account via MSM: http://www.northwestohio.com/m/news/story?id=912430#.UcP55js7gps

I wouldn't say they don't exist. Just that Gail St. John is not credible, nor are her dogs. She uses the media and inserts herself into missing child cases. :furious:

Elaina deserves better. Hopefully, TES can help out. It's been too long. :banghead:
Will TES be able to since some of their volunteers had their equipment stolen? Maybe some other volunteers have equipment of their own to use.

Will TES be able to since they had their equipment stolen? Maybe some of the volunteers have equipment of their own to use.

TES has an Ohio Chapter- the equipment was stolen down in Houston. Hopefully the Ohio Chapter has its own equipment.

TES has an Ohio Chapter- the equipment was stolen down in Houston. Hopefully the Ohio Chapter has its own equipment.
:wave:
Gotcha and I corrected my post about the equipment being Tim Miller's. There are some heartless, greedy people in this world that would do such a thing.

I transcribed this word for word from this video clip on the Nancy Grace Show for Thursday evening 06/20/13. From watching the show, there is more to this phone interview with Christie Edmonds but it's not on this video clip. I'll try and find the rest of what she said on the show.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/...end-cousin-edmonds?clusterId=1400#videoplayer

Nancy Grace (06/20/13): Elaina goes missing in broad daylight and last seen napping in the family home, but now were learning she wasn't seen the day she went missing, with me, special guest, Christie Edmonds. This is the boyfriend, Steven King's cousin. Christie, I know you talk to your cousin Steven King every day, he even stayed at your home recently. What is he saying happened the day the baby goes missing?

Christie Edmonds (06/20/13): "From what he tells me is that the baby got up in the morning, and it was no different than any other morning and she was fine playing with her toys and things. She got tired, laid her down for a nap. Steven placed her on the bed, Angela changed her diaper and gave her a cup. They left the house and went to a store called Universal, came back from that store, was home for a while, he was out front with the older kids playing, Steven, my cousin Steven was out front with the older kids playing. Angela was in and out of the house. He said she could come out and smoke and go back house. Then they left and went to the Dollar General. Came back from there and a short time later is when TJ showed up and they gave TJ the first daughter, and they got into an altercation, yelling, TJ left, came back with his dad, and they got into it again. My Aunt said Steven go into the house so they could stop arguing, and my Aunt and Uncle stayed on the porch and tried to, you know, calm the situation. My Uncle spoke to my Aunt and told her, you need to go tell Angela to bring the baby out, and when she went in and that's when Angela told her the baby was missing."

===================================

ACR HERE: So now we have two different stories, and I have a few questions and thoughts.

(1) Friends and family of Angela said they were told by Angela that she woke up on Sunday morning (06/2) and discovered that Elaina had a black eye, blood coming from her nose, and a bump on her head. Additional family (Father, Richard Schiewe) stated Angela told him she was threatened "she's next" if she told. a) WHY bother to tell this story? b) Whose advantage was it to tell this story? and c) Why threaten Angela, why not threaten her other child?

(2) Now Steven King Jr's cousin, Christie Edmonds is coming forward to give Steven's side of the story of how Elaina was that SAME morning of June 2nd, and he claims the baby got up like every other morning and was playing with toys and things. Christie even said that it was Steven who laid Elaina on the bed just before Angela changed her diaper and gave her a cup. If Elaina had a black eye and blood coming from her nose, I'm sure Steven (who has a young son of his own according to his now deleted Facebook) would have noticed that.

(3) So if it's true that baby Elaina WAS in the King family house the morning of Sunday June 2nd, witnessed in statements now passed on between Angela telling her friends ("Frank") and family (Sister, Mary Schiewe), and Steven King telling his cousin (Christie), then SOMEBODY removed the baby from the house sometime before 2:00pm when the father, TJ showed up to pick up the children, or while the father was outside, or when the father left long enough to take the 4 year old to his own father's house, before he returned.

(4) Angela made the big announcement that Elaina was missing AFTER the Grandfather, Terry Steinfurth and his son, TJ returned back to the King house.

(5) Ferretmommy (baby's grandmother) stated here on WS that Angela didn't drive and didn't have a car. Sooooo, if Steven King Jr's statements to his cousin are true, then somebody who had a vehicle took Elaina from the King family home on 6/2, either before, during or after the father, TJ showed up.

(6) So somebody is lying ! :banghead:

(7) Does anybody know when the Ohio Food card is loaded for Toledo? If it's June 1st, then it's possible that their midnight trip (6/1) could have been to meet with somebody to trade cash for food stamps, so Angela could go the next day to buy cigarettes.

(8) Either way, all three trips that Angela made between 6/1 and 6/2 (that we know of); 1) Midnight run, 2) Universal Convenient Store, and 3) Family Dollar required somebody to drive her in a vehicle.

(9) So if Angela is the one who seriously injured baby Elaina, thus having to make a distorted decision to get rid of the baby, then SOMEBODY else helped her remove the baby from the King family property.

(10) So who would Angela trust enough to ask to help her hide a seriously injured baby?

Just my opinion and thoughts
ACR

I wish folks on this site would take it easy on RS, AS's stepfather. First it does a heart good to see a STEP-parent so bonded with his daughter. Like any parent, he loves AS unconditionally and WANTs to believe her. Yet, he says that realistically he does not believe little Elaina is still alive. Second, he's having a hard time with cancer as it is, and this stress will hurt him physically as we'll as emotionally. I admire him for trying to stand by his daughter, even with full knowledge she's been a bad mother. He does need to curb his angry comments and stop blaming the paternal side of Elaina's family.

Where's Frank?

I'd like to know the exact words AS used when she told him about the injuries. And where they were. Wasn't it while they were searching near the river?

How do you raise that topic? Oh and by the way, my missing daughter had a black eye, and broken nose. Silly me, I forgot to mention it before.

I think SK is lying about whether he saw the injuries or not. If he saw her around 1230pm, he must have known. Because I believe that Elaina did have a black eye and broken nose. Otherwise there would be no reason for AS to mention it at all.

CYA mode all round here, IMO.

O/T but what's the go with NG? :floorlaugh: This is the first time I've ever watched any of her show. Does she deliberately confuse things or does she really find it that hard to keep up?
I reckon they should let her talk to AS. She's scary.
:moo:

My heart breaks again.
That little girl had haunted eyes, at 17 months old.
Prayers for a little angel.

Where's Frank?

I'd like to know the exact words AS used when she told him about the injuries. And where they were. Wasn't it while they were searching near the river?

How do you raise that topic? Oh and by the way, my missing daughter had a black eye, and broken nose. Silly me, I forgot to mention it before.

I think SK is lying about whether he saw the injuries or not. If he saw her around 1230pm, he must have known. Because I believe that Elaina did have a black eye and broken nose. Otherwise there would be no reason for AS to mention it at all.

CYA mode all round here, IMO.

O/T but what's the go with NG? :floorlaugh: This is the first time I've ever watched any of her show. Does she deliberately confuse things or does she really find it that hard to keep up?
I reckon they should let her talk to AS. She's scary.
:moo:

You hit the nail on the head. If she had just said, 'She's gone' and nothing else, she might not even be in jail now IF others were not around to say otherwise. I believe the boyfriend knew what happened and she knows well he can corroborate it to the police. SOMEONE knows about those injuries or there is no reason for her to mention it after that much time after the disappearance.

What's anyone else's guess that this case is going to start moving fast before her next court date.

After listening to the shows and reading the transcripts posted here, I firmly believe that AS did something to baby Elaina, and SK helped her cover it up as well as dispose of baby Elaina. I hate typing this. There's no way that no one in the King house doesn't know anything. I also find it quite telling that the TPD asked that the court proceedings be delayed until Monday. I wonder if Mike or anyone else is involved. Also, what does JK and SK's dad know? Did AS tell RS more than what he's revealed publically?

I think someone either has or will be talking to LE, most likely to get a deal. I think SK will be arrested and more charges laid on Angela. Is Mike a red herring, or involved in any part of this? I'm not sure what to think about him, but we'll soon see. So, TJ and TS said that LE told them they're close to a resolution? I pray very much that they are.

Ferretmommy, I'm praying for you and your family. Please know we all have come to love baby Elaina, and we care very much about you and your family.

Praying today is the day baby Elaina is found.

I transcribed this word for word from this video clip on the Nancy Grace Show for Thursday evening 06/20/13. From watching the show, there is more to this phone interview with Christie Edmonds but it's not on this video clip. I'll try and find the rest of what she said on the show.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/...end-cousin-edmonds?clusterId=1400#videoplayer

Nancy Grace (06/20/13): Elaina goes missing in broad daylight and last seen napping in the family home, but now were learning she wasn't seen the day she went missing, with me, special guest, Christie Edmonds. This is the boyfriend, Steven King's cousin. Christie, I know you talk to your cousin Steven King every day, he even stayed at your home recently. What is he saying happened the day the baby goes missing?

Christie Edmonds (06/20/13): "From what he tells me is that the baby got up in the morning, and it was no different than any other morning and she was fine playing with her toys and things. She got tired, laid her down for a nap. Steven placed her on the bed, Angela changed her diaper and gave her a cup. They left the house and went to a store called Universal, came back from that store, was home for a while, he was out front with the older kids playing, Steven, my cousin Steven was out front with the older kids playing. Angela was in and out of the house. He said she could come out and smoke and go back house. Then they left and went to the Dollar General. Came back from there and a short time later is when TJ showed up and they gave TJ the first daughter, and they got into an altercation, yelling, TJ left, came back with his dad, and they got into it again. My Aunt said Steven go into the house so they could stop arguing, and my Aunt and Uncle stayed on the porch and tried to, you know, calm the situation. My Uncle spoke to my Aunt and told her, you need to go tell Angela to bring the baby out, and when she went in and that's when Angela told her the baby was missing."

===================================

ACR HERE: So now we have two different stories, and I have a few questions and thoughts.

(1) Friends and family of Angela said they were told by Angela that she woke up on Sunday morning (06/2) and discovered that Elaina had a black eye, blood coming from her nose, and a bump on her head. Additional family (Father, Richard Schiewe) stated Angela told him she was threatened "she's next" if she told. a) WHY bother to tell this story? b) Whose advantage was it to tell this story? and c) Why threaten Angela, why not threaten her other child?

(2) Now Steven King Jr's cousin, Christie Edmonds is coming forward to give Steven's side of the story of how Elaina was that SAME morning of June 2nd, and he claims the baby got up like every other morning and was playing with toys and things. Christie even said that it was Steven who laid Elaina on the bed just before Angela changed her diaper and gave her a cup. If Elaina had a black eye and blood coming from her nose, I'm sure Steven (who has a young son of his own according to his now deleted Facebook) would have noticed that.

(3) So if it's true that baby Elaina WAS in the King family house the morning of Sunday June 2nd, witnessed in statements now passed on between Angela telling her friends ("Frank") and family (Sister, Mary Schiewe), and Steven King telling his cousin (Christie), then SOMEBODY removed the baby from the house sometime before 2:00pm when the father, TJ showed up to pick up the children, or while the father was outside, or when the father left long enough to take the 4 year old to his own father's house, before he returned.

(4) Angela made the big announcement that Elaina was missing AFTER the Grandfather, Terry Steinfurth and his son, TJ returned back to the King house.

(5) Ferretmommy (baby's grandmother) stated here on WS that Angela didn't drive and didn't have a car. Sooooo, if Steven King Jr's statements to his cousin are true, then somebody who had a vehicle took Elaina from the King family home on 6/2, either before, during or after the father, TJ showed up.

(6) So somebody is lying ! :banghead:

(7) Does anybody know when the Ohio Food card is loaded for Toledo? If it's June 1st, then it's possible that their midnight trip (6/1) could have been to meet with somebody to trade cash for food stamps, so Angela could go the next day to buy cigarettes.

(8) Either way, all three trips that Angela made between 6/1 and 6/2 (that we know of); 1) Midnight run, 2) Universal Convenient Store, and 3) Family Dollar required somebody to drive her in a vehicle.

(9) So if Angela is the one who seriously injured baby Elaina, thus having to make a distorted decision to get rid of the baby, then SOMEBODY else helped her remove the baby from the King family property.

(10) So who would Angela trust enough to ask to help her hide a seriously injured baby?

Just my opinion and thoughts
ACR

Good thinking.

Sending out positive vibes for TES and all the other searchers today!!!!

images

Just a reminder that there's a casemap in my sig, and I made a hugely comprehensive timeline in the last thread that can be bumped and brought forward if need be, and someone else made a very helpful post of names/abbreviations/initials that pertain to this case. Those three items would probably be very useful to have in one of the opening posts of the thread, or at least to have brought forward to the end here now.

Nothing new that I've read so far today, or new at all since I transcribed last night's shows (thanks to ACR for doing it again for me, and more precisely this time - the splinter in my finger last night was massive and it was very difficult for me to use one finger which meant I was going very slowly).

If anyone can volunteer in the scanner thread to transcribe while TES searches today that would be very nice. I will try, as always, to do some but I have children off school on summer break now like most of us here and my time isn't really my own now for the next couple/few months. :seeya:

I just wanted to thank everyone for working so hard with the maps, transcripts and up to date information. I don't have cable and it is very hard for me to view the videos online as my isp blocks me from downloading large amounts of data.

Ferretmommy: My thoughts are with you and your family. Sending a big hug your way.

Just a reminder that there's a casemap in my sig, and I made a hugely comprehensive timeline in the last thread that can be bumped and brought forward if need be, and someone else made a very helpful post of names/abbreviations/initials that pertain to this case. Those three items would probably be very useful to have in one of the opening posts of the thread, or at least to have brought forward to the end here now.

Nothing new that I've read so far today, or new at all since I transcribed last night's shows (thanks to ACR for doing it again for me, and more precisely this time - the splinter in my finger last night was massive and it was very difficult for me to use one finger which meant I was going very slowly).

If anyone can volunteer in the scanner thread to transcribe while TES searches today that would be very nice. I will try, as always, to do some but I have children off school on summer break now like most of us here and my time isn't really my own now for the next couple/few months. :seeya:

would TES searches be a part of scanner chatter? I would just assume that would be quiet, but IDK. I think I'm around a lot today . Maybe I'll give it a whirl if you'll show me the right source to listen to ;)

would TES searches be a part of scanner chatter? I would just assume that would be quiet, but IDK. I think I'm around a lot today . Maybe I'll give it a whirl if you'll show me the right source to listen to ;)

If the scanners never had good info there wouldn't be a whole forum full of lengthy threads for listening and transcribing scanner feeds.

I can't say it was pleasant to listen to Tim Bosma's recovery, but it happened. Due to Canada's laws regarding scanners I was not able to post that I was listening to him be recovered at the time. It was heartbreaking hearing how excited dispatch was until LE actually had to talk louder, over her to say "HE WAS.. .HE WAS... DOA" (we now know that was putting it mildly, he was in fact incinerated)

I dont' know about TES searches being on there. I can only post for her sake how I would for anyone else's, and for every case that I decide to dedicate myself to, I work the scanner as part of that personal dedication. Just the way I roll.

ETA - scanner thread link. Even THAT has gone on to thread #2 now. :(

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I had to laugh at Frank last night, as the few nights that I saw him he wore a Black Suit Jacket white shirt and tie, last night a cut off tank top with his tattoo showing and also showing his muscular arms, I think he is a good looking man, but I think he has begun to love his time on both shows NG and JVM, and maybe he wishes to be on the next Bachelor Show!!

Really they need to take him off their show, we have heard all he knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther