GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferretmommy,

Just something that has been on my mind, and it sounds silly, but...

Based on your username, I take it that you have ferrets? Did Elaina like them? Did she ever get to play with them?

Not that it will help find her...just something I've been thinking about. I love watching children and animals interact with each other - each creature is so fascinated by the other! And with small animals in particular, when kids are told to be "gentle" before they really have that much motor control, that they have to focus and work very hard at it...it is so cool to watch.

I hope that Elaina got to have that experience (if she wanted).

I came to check on Elaina,and after reading these few posts I am upset and teary eyed. I want this little girl home asap, please if this is Elaina bring her home to her daddy and family. I pray that she is safe somewhere but as more time passes hope dwindles, wherever she is prayers to her family and for Elaina.

As much as potential evidence they might find links to Elaina I would rather them find evidence than have nothing like its been the past few days. If this is Elaina's hair and in that river someone needs to get her out of the river and have closure. No child deserved to be in a river. I hope they change their mind and get a dive team or run the DNA on the hair ASAP and if its confirmed Elaina's then dive and get her out!
Since the find of the hair...is there more activity? More people searching where he found it? Can the group (neveah?) send divers in? Can the family hire someone ASAP or maybe a good citizen that has the resources and trained to dive and do a water search there? I can't believe TJ has kept it together and not gone to the jail.

Can someone help me by providing on a map where the hair was found by the fishing man? Was it close to side or far out in the river?

http://levipageshow.com/?p=514
"Cadaver dogs have been used in the search for the missing 18-year-old. Just blocks from where Elaina was reported missing a GMC van was searched by Cadaver dogs and then towed away. Also searched was a vacant home. Additionally, a diaper that was the same brand and size of Elaina’s was found by a near-by river bank."

Living scent dogs and cadaver dogs are usually both used when authorities think there is a chance the missing person may still be alive.

Sadly the only dogs I see in reports being brought in are cadaver dogs.

One cadaver dog in particular was sent into the house early in the investigation on June 2, but police would not specify the results.

:(

I only see Cadaver SAR dogs being utilized.

What I worry about is the current of the river.... How far could the current have carried her? Is she weighed down unable to move with current?

If divers did not see her at the bottom of the river already, then most likely she was not weighed down and was carried along with the current. IMO.

And doesn't the river flow south there? It seemed like crews kept moving up stream instead of down stream with the current.

"Police at the scene said, however, that they could not even be sure without testing that the material Mr. Howard pulled up was human hair. The discovery amounted to two short strands that could have come from a dog carcass or any number of other sources, they said."

I take that to mean further testing will be done. I would hope that it is and IF it turns out to be her hair then they would send divers back in.

I just see this ending badly with people who have no business or experience attempting to dive in that area.

Maybe it is time for the family and community to start publically demanding answers from officials.

They were sooo happy! This pic was taken before AS & TJ started having the major problems. I have always seen how much Elaina resembles her mom, much more than Kylee does. And she was getting along walking just fine, the months of therapy for her foot corrected the problem. They caught it early enough. Both girls IMO were DADDY'S girls, I think at first Elaina was more mommy's, but as she grew older you could see she was favoring dad more, I'm guessing due to the alleged abuse she suffered due to AS negligence. And AS would be more worried about keeping Kylee since she is able to talk and if she tried to take off with both, it's very likely that Kylee would tell people that she misses daddy and get people's attention too much.

BBM they are beautiful Daddy's girls :)

FM,
I pray for you and your family every time I think of Elaina, which is many times a day.

I hope that the sparkle in both of the girls eyes will be there again very soon.

I'm out y'all.

(resident Fact Nazi out)

Lol

Peace loves. Justice for Elaina. May God keep her safe and may we find her.

Miracles do happen. There is still much hope.

Where can I find where the 4 yr old says "mike one" or "mike won" where did this info come from.? I hope they test that "hair" immediately and I pray answers are in Elainas near future

Another thread and still no sign of our sweet girl. We were all so hopeful in the beginning that Angela had just hid her in a panic and that TJ would soon have her back but nearly 4 weeks later that hope seems to have faded. As the mother of boys, those cases usually hit me the hardest (Dylan Redwine's identification has crushed me) but Elaina has stolen my heart. FM, if the love of strangers was enough to bring our girl home and put an end to the pain then your family would never know another moment of sadness. No matter what the future holds please know that there will always be a community here that wants nothing more than to surround the Steinfurth family with love and protect you from the pain. You have became ours now just as Elaina did from the moment we heard her name.

You couldn't have written that any better x

I almost never post on here, but this case breaks my heart. Sorry if I missed this reading through the threads, but was everyone in the house the day Elaina "disappeared" questioned? I don't remember ready anything about that. With that many people in the house, I think it would be virtually impossible for someone to sneak in and grab her. Thinking about her and Ayla Reynolds I think there should be a new law put into place. When there is any evidence that a crime took place (Elaina being injured and Ayla's blood in the house) everyone who was in the house at the time should be locked up and questioned until there is substantial proof that they were not involved! I guess that's not constitutional, but there has to be a better way than what is happening. How do people keep "losing" their precious babies??? :scared:

Ferretmommy,

Just something that has been on my mind, and it sounds silly, but...

Based on your username, I take it that you have ferrets? Did Elaina like them? Did she ever get to play with them?

Not that it will help find her...just something I've been thinking about. I love watching children and animals interact with each other - each creature is so fascinated by the other! And with small animals in particular, when kids are told to be "gentle" before they really have that much motor control, that they have to focus and work very hard at it...it is so cool to watch.

I hope that Elaina got to have that experience (if she wanted).

Yes, I'm down to one ferret now, and Elaina got to hold him but she didn't really like him. Kyle LOVES him, when she comes over, she makes a beeline to the rooms he is allowedaccess to, wanting to see him.

Where can I find where the 4 yr old says "mike one" or "mike won" where did this info come from.? I hope they test that "hair" immediately and I pray answers are in Elainas near future

FM, Elaina's grandma shared that with us. I think it was on thread 1, maybe 2.

As much as potential evidence they might find links to Elaina I would rather them find evidence than have nothing like its been the past few days. If this is Elaina's hair and in that river someone needs to get her out of the river and have closure. No child deserved to be in a river. I hope they change their mind and get a dive team or run the DNA on the hair ASAP and if its confirmed Elaina's then dive and get her out!
Since the find of the hair...is there more activity? More people searching where he found it? Can the group (neveah?) send divers in? Can the family hire someone ASAP or maybe a good citizen that has the resources and trained to dive and do a water search there? I can't believe TJ has kept it together and not gone to the jail.

The police have said they will not send a diver down until Monday, someone that was there this evening said she knows a diver and she will try to get in touch with him tomorrow to see if he will dive Sunday. RS showed up there and TJ blew up at TPD and made them tell him he has to leave, that he was there first, and RS has had the cops at TJ's house saying he's been driving down his street and yelling things in his GF's car. Lies, as his GF's car isn't running, the motor's been blown for 2 months now! So they did end up making him leave. We are DEFINITELY NOT impressed with TPD at ALL at this point, and I was told when they arrived at the river they acted like they were being bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member