GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Police at the scene said, however, that they could not even be sure without testing that the material Mr. Howard pulled up was human hair. The discovery amounted to two short strands that could have come from a dog carcass or any number of other sources, they said."

I take that to mean further testing will be done. I would hope that it is and IF it turns out to be her hair then they would send divers back in.

I just see this ending badly with people who have no business or experience attempting to dive in that area.

Maybe it is time for the family and community to start publically demanding answers from officials.

I'm just afraid if someone doesn't ask them to test the hair if they will think or do it on their own. Like I said earlier I usually have faith in LE, but not so much in this case. Seriously, why would anyone have to tell them to take the stroller and test it? Yet that's exactly what happened.
The problem for me with testing the hair and then sending divers back in, what if it is someone and the body moves? Then what?? Back to square one.

MOO

The police have said they will not send a diver down until Monday, someone that was there this evening said she knows a diver and she will try to get in touch with him tomorrow to see if he will dive Sunday. RS showed up there and TJ blew up at TPD and made them tell him he has to leave, that he was there first, and RS has had the cops at TJ's house saying he's been driving down his street and yelling things in his GF's car. Lies, as his GF's car isn't running, the motor's been blown for 2 months now! So they did end up making him leave. We are DEFINITELY NOT impressed with TPD at ALL at this point, and I was told when they arrived at the river they acted like they were being bothered.

I can not believe how difficult RS is being. Has he always been like this? How does he think that blatantly lying on TJ is helping Elaina?

Does the TPD not have access to a cadaver dog that scents on water? If any part of that "story" AS supposedly told is true, why wouldn't they have had a water scent cadaver dog out on that river near that bridge before sending divers down? :waitasec:

MOO

How deep is the water ? Seriously how low can his line sink? I imagine there was a weight how heavy was the weight/bobber? Praying for you sweet baby girl Elaina...

If she was placed in a container and weighted down, I don't see how they can find her w/o a great amount of luck and fortitude.

These babies are just so tiny and sooo easy to dispose. As we saw in the Irwin Case, once they lawyer up, it's impossible to get information.

Regarding laws. I don't want any more. We have too many now. What we need though is something done about lawyers being able to come in and shut down the case of finding a missing child. This keeps happening....way more than it used to. How many children remain missing because LE has no way to get the info out of them. After two weeks, it seems that the ball is held by the monster parent/s. This game is getting old.

If no one talks, we lose another baby, concealed in a watery or earthly grave....never to be found.

:( ohhhhhhhhhhhh
Note this : " what searchers for a missing infant believe could be several strands of the child's hair''

That concerns me. not that it's hair or someone's hair but could be HER hair.

"We've got hair, we've got a missing baby -- get a xxxxxxx diver in there," TJ Sr. The agony they must be going through.

I can see why LE is being slow on this find.

I can't imagine it is Elaina's. She had so little hair...and from that video, not much on the back of her head at all. This tells me she was restrained in a seat of sorts or slept on her back always.

The police have said they will not send a diver down until Monday, someone that was there this evening said she knows a diver and she will try to get in touch with him tomorrow to see if he will dive Sunday. RS showed up there and TJ blew up at TPD and made them tell him he has to leave, that he was there first, and RS has had the cops at TJ's house saying he's been driving down his street and yelling things in his GF's car. Lies, as his GF's car isn't running, the motor's been blown for 2 months now! So they did end up making him leave. We are DEFINITELY NOT impressed with TPD at ALL at this point, and I was told when they arrived at the river they acted like they were being bothered.

That <Mod Snip> (can't call him a man) is an arrogant tool who is just loving the horror TJ is living with and loves to torture him more at any available chance. Then after he is the one who has done the bashing has the nerve to say on Nancy Grace that this is about Elaina there is time to bash people later. I have yet to hear one thing out of TJ or TS that is negative or attacking anyone. What TV shows and interviews has RS watching cause they sure aren't the ones everyone else has.

Stay strong FM. Thank you for coming here and sharing the little you do know with us.

<Mod Snip>(can't call him a man) is an arrogant tool who is just loving the horror TJ is living with and loves to torture him more at any available chance.

SBM, BBM - Apples and trees. Apples. And. Trees.

(ETA - since I'm often overly cryptic - all I'm saying is, the narcissistic apple doesn't fall far from the tree of self-centered delusion.)

Come home today baby girl ! :please:

Just didn't think it would go on this long. For goodness sakes, hasn't LE learned anything about investigating missing babies and others? There are certainly enough to glean through. My patience is wearing thin. Sorry.

I don't think we should be generalizing about how law enforcement may or may not be incompetent. If you have something specific that we know about that they have done wrong then we can discuss that. If you have suggestions on what they could be or should be doing we can discuss that.

In my opinion we don't know what all LE is doing on this case to say if they are not doing everything they should be doing.

Ima

Does the TPD not have access to a cadaver dog that scents on water? If any part of that "story" AS supposedly told is true, why wouldn't they have had a water scent cadaver dog out on that river near that bridge before sending divers down? :waitasec:

MOO

I believe it was the very first search early in the case that they had a water cadaver dog, and the dog did jump into the water. I don't know what came of it though, I didn't get any further than that into the topic.

I don't think we should be generalizing about how law enforcement may or may not be incompetent. If you have something specific that we know about that they have done wrong then we can discuss that. If you have suggestions on what they could be or should be doing we can discuss that.

In my opinion we don't know what all LE is doing on this case to say if they are not doing everything they should be doing.

Ima

And I apologize for the rant. I know the RCS who is working the Gabbie Swainson personally and he is as frustrated as everyone else. I just can't figure out how so many babies just go "poof" and it scares me that people can get away with it. (For that matter, I can't figure out how grown ups get gone too.)

It's really sad how there is no news about Elaina :(

Does anybody know how the search went today? I wish the LE would do a press conference or at least a plan on what's next regarding searches etc.. IMO it would help boost morale of the searchers and maybe even bring more searchers in.

Tomorrow flyers will be posted at several undisclosed locations in an effort to broaden the scope of searching. You never know!

Unless something changes, Tuesday, July 2, Justice4Nevaeh will be there at Leonard St. and Federal organizing search areas. 10 a.m. Searchers are always needed.

Thank you.

No matter how insignificant you may think a tip is, please call it in!!
1-800-CALL-FBI

The water is about 14 foot deep at this spot. Divers could not make it to the bottom without the weight of tanks. (Just remember, the weekend is triple time too.)

I think it was also upsetting that the police did not guard the spot like they had done previously. I imagine the family and friends will guard this spot. There is a dedicated group out there going past what I would have anticipated.

Andre, Tracie and friends, you rock!!

It's time to come home to your family little angel !
Hoping someone has the decency to come forward with what they know.
Praying those who know are racked with guilt and unable to sleep or eat
or think straight until they tell where this baby is.

ETA I take it the <Mod Snip> did not make her bail amount ?

Fisherman Patrick Howard, of Toledo, said he turned what he described as a tuft of brownish-blond hair tangled on his hook over to police who were called to the scene on the river's East Toledo bank for examination.
Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...n-what-could-be-hair.html#wS48gv8RsBET1Tyv.99

BBM: Anyone know how long the examination of the hair would take? To start with, I feel like it should be fairly easy to tell if the hair was human or from an animal. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member