GUILTY OH - Emily Rimel, 5, Columbus, 7 Dec 2004

AussieLela said:
May the horrid person that did this awfully brutal crime ROT in the cell next to Snotty Peterson...........:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

on the east coast they won't give the protection Westerfield and Peterson get...

that guy won't survive until his appointment with the chair...

On the news this morning (a Columbus, Oh.channel) they stated that
Bruce was talking with police. How I hope so!!

WHAT a SCUM! We just knew it was that guy. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Sounds so like what happened to little Brittany Hendrickson...

"The law says if Emily is alive, the crime is ongoing and the lawyer must tell police. If Emily is dead, the crime is done, and no longer ongoing. That means the attorney does not have to disclose anything".

It doesn't seem like they have any law like this here in California. Around here, no one has to tell anyone anything. I like this law, at least you know where you stand.

The only problem I have is that this slimeball is going to get a lighter sentence in exchange for telling where Emily is. I understand the reasoning, but think justice is ill-served.

Ghostwheel said:
"The law says if Emily is alive, the crime is ongoing and the lawyer must tell police. If Emily is dead, the crime is done, and no longer ongoing. That means the attorney does not have to disclose anything".

It doesn't seem like they have any law like this here in California. Around here, no one has to tell anyone anything. I like this law, at least you know where you stand.

The only problem I have is that this slimeball is going to get a lighter sentence in exchange for telling where Emily is. I understand the reasoning, but think justice is ill-served.

Here is a link:http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4013739/detail.html

He is no longer offering to talk, I guess. Which pretty much means
what we all figured: Poor Emily is not alive. This makes me sick.
Just sick.

I hope they find her SOON so no deals will be offered.

Too, too sad. :(

Sad to say, it only makes sense that he will not talk. Right now he is charged with rape, which is a far cry from murder.

I just read this thread from start to finish. I feel so sad after reading this. These sickos out there. I want to cry. Poor little girl.....

The latest thing I read this AM was that Lindsey Bruce's mother testified before the grand jury as to his whereabouts the night Emily was abducted. I don't know why he is being prevented from letting this family know WHERE THEIR MISSING CHILD is - Merry Christmas, .

JrZyChris said:
The latest thing I read this AM was that Lindsey Bruce's mother testified before the grand jury as to his whereabouts the night Emily was abducted. I don't know why he is being prevented from letting this family know WHERE THEIR MISSING CHILD is - Merry Christmas, .

Thanks for posting the latest news,Jrz.

Here is a link with a bit more:http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4021452/detail.html

I don't know why either; it's so hard to fathom the evil
of one who could rape a child. I wish for her family's sake he would talk, though if he doesn't then there can be no unjust deals made.

I'm praying she will be found soon.

"Authorities had speculated that Bruce would confess to killing Emily and tell them where her body could be found, but he and his lawyer have remained silent."

until lawyers are required to have hearts and souls... :banghead:

they will hold out on any information that can be used for a plea bargain...

Thanks JrZy!

I've been off websleuths for a bit trying to rid myself of some
awful malware. Just got it cleaned up today.

I sure wish there was better news awaiting me on little
Emily. Poor baby! That pic of her cuddling the kitty
just kills me.

Pray they find her...lwop is too easy for him. :furious:
Though I know that many prisoners seem to have more of
a sense of justice when it comes to child crimes than
our courts do. Anyway, so sad...how many little ones
go missing and you hardly hear one word about it unless
you actually search for the info. :(

Hi Ariel -
Hope you got your computer cleaned up okay! I discovered "Google Alerts" that let you go in, type your area of interest as far as news articles go, and when something new is posted online media-wise, you get an e-mail with the link to the article.

I know it's in an attorney's best interest to protect his client but who could convince a man (well - not a MAN - a child rapist) that it's in his best interest not to disclose information that could 'incriminate him' even though there is a suffering family out there just dying for information that could provide some happiness or in worst case scenario, closure to these grieving people. I wouldn't be so quick to point the finger if there weren't reports of him wanting to tell the police the information he provided. Then again, can you believe everything you read? In this case, I do.

Regards,
JrZyChris

JrZyChris said:
Hi Ariel -
Hope you got your computer cleaned up okay! I discovered "Google Alerts" that let you go in, type your area of interest as far as news articles go, and when something new is posted online media-wise, you get an e-mail with the link to the article.

I know it's in an attorney's best interest to protect his client but who could convince a man (well - not a MAN - a child rapist) that it's in his best interest not to disclose information that could 'incriminate him' even though there is a suffering family out there just dying for information that could provide some happiness or in worst case scenario, closure to these grieving people. I wouldn't be so quick to point the finger if there weren't reports of him wanting to tell the police the information he provided. Then again, can you believe everything you read? In this case, I do.

Regards,
JrZyChris
The problem is that right now, they can charge him with rape. They have no proof of murder since there is no body. If he tells them where she is, it's murder, even with some kind of plea bargain. You can get out of prison for rape after just a few years (got to love the justice system).

This bastar* deserves to die. It infuriates me that there will even be a trial. He is obviously guilty of the rape - how would her DNA be where it was had he not. There needs to be a room where he is required to live (with no roof and full of acid) until he'll tell this poor family where their baby girl is so they can bring her home. This man is sick!:furious:

Thanks JrZyChris for the tip on the Google Alerts.

I know what y'all meanbtw. The punishment for rape----especially
this kind is so unjust. This man really ought to have to forfeit
his life for that alone---I can't fathom it...I just can't fathom
a man RAPING a child!!!!!!! EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!
OH! AND the purveyors of the *advertiser censored* that inflames so many
of their minds are just as guilty, imo.

I believe she will be found. I wish there was more of a search response
as in Danielle's case...

God's Little Angel

in memory of Danielle van Dam, my Daughter's best friend.......

God looks over and reaches out with a smile
cutest little angel he's seen in a while
her pretty blonde hair with sparkling blue eyes
Beautiful white wings for soaring in the skies

he hugs her tight as she begins to cry
looking up at God's face, she asks him "why"
he says "you will always be with your family and friends
touching their hearts with sunshine and comforting soft winds"

the nice summer breeze always cozy and warm
a ray of sunshine twinkles after a storm
pink and purple flowers open with your touch
gives happiness to those missing you so much