GUILTY OH - Heather Bogle, 28, found murdered in car trunk, Clyde, 9 April 2015 *Arrest*

Waiting for anything new in this case. I hope they charge someone soon.

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines...-murder-case-326534771.html?device=tablet&c=y

For the first time since police discovered the single mother dead in the trunk of her car, investigators have officially named two suspects.

Five months after the 28-year-old from Fremont was severely beaten and shot twice in the back, the lead investigator in the gruesome case is publicly naming who he believes did it.

However, he is in no rush to wrap up the investigation and file charges because the prime suspect is already in jail.

"Who we suspected three days into the investigation is who we still suspect to this day,” says Detective Sean O’Connell with the Sandusky County Sheriff’s Office.

O’Connell says evidence has escalated two persons of interest in the Heather Bogle murder case to be classified as suspects.

"Omar Satchel, suspect, yes. Keyona Bor, suspect, yes,” says O’Connell. “They’ve gone from persons of interest to suspects.”
[...]
Investigators say Keyona Bor lived at the apartment. They believe Bogle was there at least twice between the time she left work at Whirlpool and the time she was killed elsewhere.
[...]
Murder charges have also not been filed against the so-called prime suspect Omar Satchel from the Detroit area.

"Mr. Satchel is currently locked up in our jail. He's not getting out anytime soon,” says O’Connell.
I had not seen this article on here. I cannot find anything recent that says either was arrested.

Nearly a year later, police still search for answers in the death of 28-year-old Heather Bogle

http://www.wtol.com/story/31530576/nearly-a-year-later-police-still-search-for-answers-in-the-death-of-28-year-old-heather-bogle

"A year is a long time it truly is. but here as the sheriff's office and here in the community. If you go after someone or multiple people you want to make sure you have you T's crossed and your I's dotted,” said Sandusky County Sheriff Kyle Overmyer.

Overmyer says they still have the same two people as persons of interest: Keyona Bor,24, and Omar Satchel,34, who is actually in jail on a weapons related offense. He reached out to WTOL from jail via letter, proclaiming his innocence.

sounds like this sheriff needs to go.why boot two officers from the case where they were needed? what happened to the two POI's? questions, questions and more questions than answers :rose: heather :rose:

Just read this thread for the first time. The level of violence inflicted on this woman left no doubt in my mind who the perp was.

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines...-hold-vigil-in-unsolved-murder-375159011.html

It's been one year since the murder of Heather Bogle and friends and family still have no answers.

On this somber anniversary, the tight-knit community held a vigil in Fremont...

Sheriff Overmyer says investigators are still conducting interviews. No one has been charged yet in this murder but two "persons of interest" are locked up on unrelated charges. He says a $5,000 reward for tips leading to a conviction is still available.

http://www.thenews-messenger.com/st...18/3rd-suspect-named-bogle-homicide/83195746/

Kayree "Manny" Jeffery, 26, of Fremont, was named a suspect Monday by Sandusky County Sheriff's Office Detective Capt. Sean O'Connell...

There is more evidence to be collected, O'Connell said, but the evidence gathered so far suggests that the two people he named as suspects in September, Omar Satchel and Keyona Bor, were involved in Bogle's death...

“There is some evidence to suggest Kayree was involved in Heather’s homicide," O’Connell said. "We feel comfortable naming him a suspect."

good news to hear. i wonder what the motif was

July 31, 2016
4:50 pm ED

Unsolved Murder of Ohio Mother Heather Bogle Continues to Haunt Community

The question as to who murdered mother, sister, daughter and friend Heather Bogle is something that is still nagging the Sandusky, Ohio community.

Bogle Family

"Who killed her? Why? How has justice not been served yet? We just don't know," Jennifer Bogle, Heather's sister, told Dateline. "We aren't going to give up. We want answers."

Heather, 28 at the time, was last seen clocking out of her job at Whirlpool in the early hours of April 9, 2015. She worked the night shift so she could be home during the day to care for her young daughter, McKenzie. When Heather failed to pick McKenzie up from school that afternoon, her mother repeatedly tried to contact her. With no reply, the police were called.

"We instantly knew something was wrong when she didn't pick up McKenzie," remembers sister Jennifer. "Her life was her daughter. And for her to not show up, was not her."

The following morning, authorities made the grisly discovery of Heather's body in the trunk of her car, parked at the Somerton Apartments in nearby Clyde. An autopsy would later show she had been badly beaten and shot twice in the back.

The case was originally handled by the Sandusky County Sheriff's Office, with Detective Sean O'Connell leading the investigation. In the following months, three people were named persons of interest, then later suspects, in Heather's murder. None has been charged in relation to the case.

In June of this year, Detective O'Connell was placed on leave, due to allegations of workplace misconduct. It's unclear if the allegations are related to Heather's case or something else.

Even before O'Connell was placed on leave, Sandusky County Sheriff's officials decided to reach out for assistance in the case. On June 13, a letter was sent to the Ohio Attorney General's Office requesting assistance in Heather's case.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcn...ather-bogle-continues-haunt-community-n619886

From earlier this month:

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/story/201701110065

The sheriff on Wednesday took back the Heather Bogle homicide investigation from state investigators.

“I want residents of Sandusky County to know we are not only involved, we are now the lead investigators on the case with BCI assisting us,” said Sheriff Chris Hilton, who was elected in November and began his term earlier this month.

Hilton and his team met for about three hours Wednesday with investigators from the Bureau of Criminal Investigation, the state crime lab that’s part of the Ohio Attorney General's office.

BCI will turn over its investigative files and sheriff’s detectives will take the lead on the investigation.

“I think this is a very solvable case,” Hilton said.

The Bogle investigation languished for 16 months under O’Connell, with family members complaining that the detective refused to interview potential suspects and provided them misinformation about the status of the probe. At one point, the family asked the FBI to take over the investigation, but that never happened.

The family firmly believes it is her ex girlfriend. Not sure if or how the other people are tied in. This case has been badly botched. Im from here and know the area well where she was found. My friend was one of the ones living there and her kids were playing outside when she was found. Its horrible

'Major breakthrough' in Heather Bogle case

Authorities described Friday’s raid at a trailer park as a “major breakthrough” in potentially pinpointing the suspected killer in an unsolved murder case.

The Sandusky County Sheriff’s Office executed three search warrants for a trio of properties parked at Emerald Estates, located at 846 County Road 224.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Authorities-on-scene-at-Emerald-Estates-in-Sandusky-424641304.html

"The two trailers that we did executed search warrants at the end both are current Whirlpool employees," added Sheriff Hilton.

2 years after Bogle homicide, investigators ramp up efforts - April

While O'Connell was investigating, he told The News-Messenger he believed a small handgun was used in Bogle's slaying.

O'Connell believed the gun used might have been in the possession of Omar Satchel, who was convicted a year ago of having a weapon while on parole in an unrelated case.

Satchel was one of three people named as suspects in the case by O'Connell, along with Keyona Bor and Kayree Jeffrey.

Hilton said his team is not ready to name any suspects but is not ruling anyone out, either.

"I don't consider anybody a suspect at this moment," Hilton said. "As far as the three previously named, I think we are still (deciding) whether or not they had any involvement. I am not ready to say it is not them."

Suspect arrested in Bogle homicide

http://www.thenews-messenger.com/story/news/crime/2017/06/01/bogle-press-conference/363257001/

A 48-year-old Green Creek Township resident was arrested Thursday and charged with aggravated murder, aggravated robbery and kidnapping in the 2015 homicide of Heather Bogle.

Daniel Myers, whose residence at the Emerald Estates Trailer Park was searched by law-enforcement officials last week, was booked into the Sandusky County Jail on Thursday and is being held without bond.

Sandusky County Sheriff Chris Hilton said law enforcement is looking at additional suspects in the case.

Hilton said Bogle and Myers both worked the same shift and on the same production line at Whirlpool and saw each other every night they worked together.

The sheriff said he did not know how long Bogle and Myers worked together at the Clyde plant or whether they knew each other outside of work.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2017/06/01/Man-arrested-in-connection-with-death-of-Heather-Bogle.html

Authorities said the work connection between the two did not prompt the arrest. They cited warrants surrounding electronic communications that weren’t previously investigated.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/More-searches-in-Heather-Bogle-case-man-charged-with-aggravated-murder-425770584.html

Myers' daughter, Danielle Frisch said, "if he's guilty, he deserves what he gets. The family deserves justice."

Frisch told 13abc's Brigette Burnett it's possibly her father killed Bogle. She added, "my father is my father. You don't get to pick them. He's always been a violent man."

The mother of Frisch's younger brother, allegedly committed suicide.

Tony Rando said, "they said she shot herself in the back bedroom."

Rando worked with Frisch and lived next to him at the Emerald Estates. Other neighbors told 13abc they had their doubts about the 2009 suicide. Now, authorities do too.

so glad to know someone has been arested for her murder. they also need to look more into his kid's mother "suicide" to see if they are related

Bogle family 'thrilled' with arrest; judge denies bond for murder suspect

http://www.thenews-messenger.com/story/news/crime/2017/06/02/judge-denies-bond-suspect-bogle-homicide/364744001/

"We are thrilled that the new sheriff has made so much progress and we hope and pray they find whoever else may be involved as soon as possible," Sherry Hartness, Bogle's aunt from Sharon, South Carolina, said Friday.

Bruce Bogle, Heather's father, posted on Facebook, "Now you can rest my sweet baby girl," Thursday after hearing of Myers' arrest.

Myers pleaded with Sandusky County Judge John Kolesar to allow him bond so he could continue working at Whirlpool and taking care of his 12-year-old son.

Kolesar denied the request and sent the man back to Sandusky County Jail for at least the hearing, set for June 8, saying Myers is charged with a capital punishment offense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back