OH OH - Jayme Bowen, 22, Columbus, 10 April 2014

Jayme Bowen was last seen the night of April 10, 2014, leaving her sister's home in Columbus, Ohio. The 23-year-old was headed to her parents' house a few blocks away. She never made it. Family members believe she met with foul play, and think her disappearance may be linked to human trafficking. Jayme is described as a devoted mother to her two young boys. In July of 2015, a caller submitted a tip, saying they had possibly spotted Jayme in Flint, Michigan, but police have not confirmed the sighting.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

Jayme was taken a few blocks from my home in South Columbus. Now, we have a NEW case in the same area...Matthew Parsley. I'm interested in several cases from Columbus, ESPECIALLY Ashley Tyronda Norah. 17 when she disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again. I'm searching for info on her case.

I've been to Las Vegas, LA, NYC, etc and I'm more nervous walking downtown Columbus or Cincinnati than those other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested in, there will be a docudrama on Chillicothe coming up:

]New docuseries tries to get answers on missing women of Chillicothe
4 found dead, 2 remain missing from small city

"Gone: The Forgotten Women of Ohio" premiers July 22 at 9 p.m. on Spike TV.

The story began in mid-may 2014, with the disappearance of Charlotte Trego, 27. She remains missing.

About six months later, Wanda Lemons vanished. She, too, hasn't been found.

Four other women -- Timberly Claytor, Shasta Himelrick, Tameka Lynch and Tiffany Sayre -- have turned up dead.

Jason McCrary was convicted of murder in Claytor's death. Himelrick's death was ruled a suicide.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/miss...looks-at-cases-of-six-dead-missing-ohio-women

It is almost 4 years since the disappearance of Jayme Bowen. I have scoured the internet and the information is very limited with discrepancies. There is mention that she disappeared at night, while also others state daytime. I think the best consensus is that she disappeared during the day. I think that is also why this disappearance boggles the mind for so many. Personally, she knew whomever she encountered after leaving her sister's house. Where it went from there, is complete speculation obviously until someone finally comes forward with relevant information.

The most information I was able to pull on her was by visiting her Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/bowen.jayme - Her mother has been using the account since her daughter disappeared, so I reviewed everything prior to the last official entry made by Jayme, which was March 24, 2014.

Interesting information I pulled from going through her FB:

There is no doubt Jayme loved her children. With constant status updates and photos of how much she loved her boys, it is not even a question. The father of her second son, was killed on July 15, 2012. Apparently he had a gun and was shot by police. - http://www.dispatch.com/article/20120716/NEWS/307169771 - She mentions a few times on her status updates as wanting justice for him as he was "cooperating" at the time he was shot. She mentions it went to the grand jury and it was deemed "justified." She was obviously very upset by this.

By August 2013, she is in another relationship with D. It appears to last until the end of December 2013. As early as December 16, 2013, Jayme mentions being clean and this resonates through her updates until the holidays.

She then gets into a relationship with R, whom she mentions she was with prior to him being jailed and is excited to have him home in mid-February 2014.

She has several FB status updates that include the mention of the death of a friend. This isn't isolated and speaks to the rough atmosphere she was living within. Her brother at this time is also in jail as she posted updates and photos of him.

She mentions God, Angels and Heaven many times and appears to have faith. She obviously has a kind heart and wanted to be loved. Her mother and her sister are mentioned as her best friends.

Questions/Thoughts I Have:

The documentary, "Gone," in which she was featured has her sister mentioning they were doing drugs prior to her leaving the residence to go home. I question the accuracy of the time frame considering the impairment involved while doing drugs. It also makes me wonder how much she would have wanted to go home "impaired" considering she had been clean at least by the end of 2013.

There was also mention of a "trap house" along the route she would have traveled had she been going to her parents' home. The individual involved is a known criminal who is currently in prison. My question would be why more pressure hasn't been put on this person considering he is still in the system regarding his knowledge of what happened to Jayme.

As often occurs with those involved in drugs, debt can come into play. I would make the assumption that this plays a part in the family's belief she is being trafficked. I see there are a couple mentions of sightings throughout the 4 years, but nothing that amounts to anything.

Regardless of the mistakes she made, she deserves to be found. She has so many that still rally for her safe return. More than one person knows about what happened to her. It only takes one reliable tip to change everything.....

I'm skeptical of reports of her being trafficked. Those may amount to wishful thinking by people who want to believe that she's still alive.

There's a good chance the guy with the trap house was involved; maybe she OD'd there.

I don't know much about drug use, but it stands to reason that someone who has been clean but relapses would be at high risk of an overdose death; the person's tolerance level would be way down.

Jayme Bowen was last seen on the night of April 10, 2014 leaving her sister's home in Columbus, Ohio. The 22-year-old was walking to her parents' house just a few blocks away. She never made it. Family members believe she met with foul play, and think her disappearance may be linked to human trafficking. Jayme is described as a devoted mother to her two young boys. In July of 2015, a caller submitted a tip, saying they had possibly spotted Jayme in Flint, Michigan, but police have not confirmed the sighting.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing
jayme_bowen.png

Jayme Bowen was last seen on the night of April 10, 2014, leaving her sister's home in Columbus, Ohio. The 22-year-old was walking to her parents' house just a few blocks away. She never made it. Family members believe she met with foul play, and think her disappearance may be linked to human trafficking. Jayme was described as a devoted mother to her two young boys. In July of 2015, a caller submitted a tip, saying they had possibly spotted Jayme in Flint, Michigan, but police have not confirmed the sighting. Authorities said there have been no recent updates in the case. Jayme was 5’ tall and weighed 100 lbs when she disappeared and has a tattoo “George III” on her neck. If you have any information about Jayme's case, please contact the Columbus Police Department at (614) 645-4545.

DEC 5, 2022

Jayme Bowen was last seen on the night of April 10, 2014, leaving her sister's home in Columbus, Ohio. The 22-year-old was walking to her parents' house just a few blocks away. She never made it. Family members believe she met with foul play, and think her disappearance may be linked to human trafficking. Jayme was described as a devoted mother to her two young boys. In July of 2015, a caller submitted a tip, saying they had possibly spotted Jayme in Flint, Michigan, but police have not confirmed the sighting. In November 2022, Detective Ron Groky with the Columbus Police Department told Dateline that his office had "been chasing leads all summer" but Jayme has not been located. Jayme was 5’ and weighed 100 lbs. when she disappeared. She has a tattoo of “George III” on her neck. Jayme would be 30 years old today. If you have any information about Jayme's case, please contact the Columbus Police Department at (614) 645-4545.

Ten years ago on Thursday April 10, 2014, twenty two year old Jayme Bowen was last seen in the Merion Village area of South Columbus near South Washington and East Stewart Avenues, near Parsons Avenue.

At the time of her disappearance, Jayme Bowen was walking from her sister's home to her parent's home.

To this day, the family of Jayme Bowen are still searching for her.

A prayer vigil for Jayme Bowen is planned this weekend at Schiller Park.

Family still looking for answers 10 years after woman's disappearance

Unyielding hope: Ten years later, mother remains optimistic in search for missing teens daughter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back