Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

NOt being snarky! Is there something you thought about that makes you think not...maybe you have thought of some interesting notions!

Not particularly any one thing.

For one usually the article would mention Joey like "the remains could be blah blah".

The current of that river is strong. I do t think he'd just be hanging out in one place or area for 25 days.

I think it's someone who floated down the river.

if it is a fresh water river, it would decompose faster there than out of water or salt water, unless he was frozen.

The water is still at about 40ish degrees. So I couldn't image decomposition would be far along in those temperatures.

I agree that is why i found the decomp so upsetting. And with that muscles thing, it becomes even more chiling, hope I am so wrong here............ugh

Muscles ?? Can you explain? Must have missed something ....

He vanished from a gay bar - ground zero!

Around the same time, a man who’d gone out on a few dates with Joey said his goodnight to Joey via text. He typed “goodnight cutie” at 10:19 p.m. then got a response from Joey at 10:28 when he replied, “Byeeeeeee.”

The man texted Joey again four more times between Saturday and Sunday evenings but never heard back. Then Monday morning, Joey didn’t show up for work.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...r-man-who-disappeared-friday-in-columbus.htmlI y+

RE:
Muscles ?? Can you explain? Must have missed something ....

The weight lifting thing that apparently is just "Known" to steal people (trafficking)

RE: if it is a fresh water river, it would decompose faster there than out of water or salt water, unless he was frozen._

That is scarier IMO

Well ... After watching interview with detective - someone asks if there was knife wound or gunshot wound ... He stutters and pauses for a minute and states that he probably shouldn't comment any further . That is your indication that there is def foul play involved! He also mentions there will be an identification late morning tomorrow . It was also reported that the SVU was in that particular area in order to find a missing person.... That part of the river was an area of interest . All the comments he made indicated that it is probably
Joey ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just realized why Joey looks familiar to me. He resembles my husband at that age!

I have tried to find datelines report on Joey? Anyone have it TIA

Someone shouldn't have to post their sexual orientation just to claim to know Joey or how he dates or acts. Posting ones own sexual orientation is completely irrelevant to this case.

Well ... After watching interview with detective - someone asks if there was knife wound or gunshot wound ... He stutters and pauses for a minute and states that he probably shouldn't comment any further . That is your indication that there is def foul play involved! He also mentions there will be an identification late morning tomorrow . It was also reported that the SVU was in that particular area in order to find a missing person.... That part of the river was an area of interest . All the comments he made indicated that it is probably
Joey ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to run out for a bit, so I missed the interview. I'd agree that everything is pointing to the body in the river being Joey. Sounds like we'll have some answers tomorrow morning.

The way the det responding to the question about gun/knives def made think guns/knives were involved sadly. Attack it sounds like . I think they know it is him and are giving family a bit more time to contact family members

I had to look it up HA! From meyer perks mention!

I am a 30 year old out gay man.....

I spoke with Joey on Grindr

Grindr, the #1 gay social network app free for iOS and Android.

I believe this is Joey. I think he hooked up with someone via the dating app & was more recently dumped in the river. I do not think he's been dead the entire time he's been missing. Unfortunately I believe he was held against his will & then killed more recently. I'm sure the autopsy will yield answers. The weather here in Columbus has been all across the board--today it was in the 50s, but this past weekend it was in the 70s. The river has not been frozen. I also believe that the family had an idea that Joey was most likely dead, based on Patrick LaBute's recent post where he referred to Joey in the past tense, and said they would remain focused on finding him (his body).

I believe this is Joey. I think he hooked up with someone via the dating app & was more recently dumped in the river. I do not think he's been dead the entire time he's been missing. Unfortunately I believe he was held against his will & then killed more recently. I'm sure the autopsy will yield answers. The weather here in Columbus has been all across the board--today it was in the 50s, but this past weekend it was in the 70s. The river has not been frozen. I also believe that the family had an idea that Joey was most likely dead, based on Patrick LaBute's recent post where he referred to Joey in the past tense, and said they would remain focused on finding him (his body).

Patrick LaBute's recent post where he referred to Joey in the past tense, and said they would remain focused on finding him (his body).​

Do ya think LE may have told him something that they just did not release to media??

Wow.... Stereotype much? What an ignorant statement

Not stereotyping at all, as a matter of fact. Had I inferred ALL gay men cruised, I could be guilty of stereotyping. However, me saying saying he didn't know *many* gay men, I meant some cruise, some don't. He obviously knew the ones who didn't. Get it? It's a law of averages. The more gay men he knew, the more likely he'd have encountered a couple who cruised. Make sense now? No harm meant, I have a gay son, so believe me, I'm not being a jerk about it. Just matter of fact.

Edited to add that I'm seriously sorry if the post you speak of came off as offensive.

I had to run out for a bit, so I missed the interview. I'd agree that everything is pointing to the body in the river being Joey. Sounds like we'll have some answers tomorrow morning.

Big hair give me link here you go :It is rather telling iMO- sadly

bighairdontcare said:
http://www.dispatch.com/content/pages/video.html?video=/videos/2016/03/29/body-found-in-scioto-river.xml&cmpid=share

http://www.dispatch.com/content/pag...29/body-found-in-scioto-river.xml&cmpid=share

half-submerged

fully clothed,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members