OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you are all talking about the dog I thought I might as well throw up a picture of what I think is her dog. I think a dog this big would be able to knock off the hats and knock over the pencils or what ever else was disturbed in the room. Especially if left alone for some time. This dog most likely caused the damage to the blinds on the door also. I have a hunch this dog might have gone somewhat crazy when people came to the house and that might have been why KM left the dog in the bedroom when she might have answered the door if someone knocked on it while she was sleeping.

163855_196697180344661_100000131426808_858617_775808_n.jpg

My personal gut feeling is that while she was sleeping with the dog in bed someone either knocked on the door or called KM. She then closed the bedroom door behind her, locking the dog inside the bedroom while she answered the door. This person might have called KM as she slept and asked her to come to their apartment too. This might explain why her phone is missing and a lack of a struggle. This person was likely a neighbor that lived in the same building or close by in the same neighborhood and might of been someone she knew as an acquaintance. I also think it would have been someone that knew KM was staying in the condo or apartment alone that night since her father was said to usually stay there with her. I don't think this was a random case of someone knocking on door looking to abduct someone or someone that entered her apartment and took her.

I'm not convinced JC is responsible for her disappearance just yet. This case parallels Lauren Giddings case in a lot of ways as far as things being left behind.

JMO

ETA: I think the dogs name is Bosstin

hmm I thought I saw a pic of a beagle looking dog some where...now where did I see that??

well I thought I did, never mind:) I did see that Bosstin on her deviantart pics

OOPs I did find a beagle on there, Murphy...pg 21

AHha! a pic of Bosstin refers to him as Johns dog

SO is Murphy the beagle the dog left in the room??

Yes it was. Not on the contact page, but on a portfolio page. Her email address is also listed, on her facebook page, as victimgirl.

Snip to address above name victimgirl.

Just looking around some myspace pages I found and found this interesting:

(Old but interesting)
http://www.myspace.com/sublimeapc/blog
"Hello I am Katelyn and have been with John for over a year now..
And I really really like it and our relationsjip.
And when he moves out to college.. It will be tough super tough. I dont want to be here all by myself with all these others hatering meselfist.
?
Yea. But we will make it. But I wont get hiigh taht often I bet. And I wont hve sex that often I know! And Ill spell things even worse I bet.
But then again thats how I first met him! Well, talked. On the internet! He made me so giggly and I nicknamed him Monster and he dubed me Victim. And it is good." <-----more at link, but for the naming as victim was my point in posting this here. Also, didn't know they 'met' on internet if this was indeed written by her.

If a young woman opens her door after midnight, it seems like there should be a phone call just before to tell her, "hey I'm here" or "answer your door" because who would expect her to just go and open her door in the middle of the night? I sure wouldn't...the few times someone has come to my door at night, I just ignore it, if I am not expecting anyone. I am not that young though...would any of you younger women open up your door without knowing who it was, for sure?

Just looking around some myspace pages I found and found this interesting:

(Old but interesting)
http://www.myspace.com/sublimeapc/blog
"Hello I am Katelyn and have been with John for over a year now..
And I really really like it and our relationsjip.
And when he moves out to college.. It will be tough super tough. I dont want to be here all by myself with all these others hatering meselfist.
?
Yea. But we will make it. But I wont get hiigh taht often I bet. And I wont hve sex that often I know! And Ill spell things even worse I bet.
But then again thats how I first met him! Well, talked. On the internet! He made me so giggly and I nicknamed him Monster and he dubed me Victim. And it is good." <-----more at link, but for the naming as victim was my point in posting this here. Also, didn't know they 'met' on internet if this was indeed written by her.

JC's sister said they met through her. She was friends with KM and one day she said to her brother to come and meet my friend....and they were together and best friends every since....

Hey A News Junkie- was 'victim' part of an email addy for her?? I have seen this 'victim' somewhere else too!
Monster and victim..hmm
Yeah I thought JC sister said she introduced them back when---maybe they wound up talking online too??

Here is the beagle dog I found-http://lemmegetkh.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=480#/dwfi7p

and the boston- http://lemmegetkh.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=480#/dw4v95

OKAY i got to stop this chasing stuff- found a reference on that site http://www.myspace.com/sublimeapc/blog that AJ poster, that she missed Murphy

SO what dog did she have?????? No that it matters per se, but driving me binkers now:)

Hey A News Junkie- was 'victim' part of an email addy for her?? I have seen this 'victim' somewhere else too!
Monster and victim..hmm
Yeah I thought JC sister said she introduced them back when---maybe they wound up talking online too??

Here is the beagle dog I found-http://lemmegetkh.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=480#/dwfi7p

OKAY i got to stop this chasing stuff- found a reference on that site http://www.myspace.com/sublimeapc/blog that AJ poster, that she missed Murphy

SO what dog did she have?????? No that it matters per se, but driving me binkers now:)

I had not seen that but baaaahbahblacksheep (spelling!LOL) posted that and in my snooping I saw that and linked it for what it is worth. I took it from the post that 'victimgirl' @something dot com was the email and that person had access to that. Maybe baaabaaaa will confirm.

If a young woman opens her door after midnight, it seems like there should be a phone call just before to tell her, "hey I'm here" or "answer your door" because who would expect her to just go and open her door in the middle of the night? I sure wouldn't...the few times someone has come to my door at night, I just ignore it, if I am not expecting anyone. I am not that young though...would any of you younger women open up your door without knowing who it was, for sure?

I'm an old lady but I just asked my almost 24 year old daughter who then asked the young ladies she works with and I heard a lot of "hell no"!

Monster and victim..hmm

Someone told what kind of dog she had on the previous thread. It wasnt' a Bostian or a beagle. I don't remember what kind it was but I think it was a small furry little dog.

I am guessing that with TES, they usually spend the first day talking with LE and organizing searchers...they usually do not begin the actual search until the next day. But if they are there to search bodies of water, maybe that would take place today.

Hey A_News_Junkie, :hug:,

seeing how you are so Fantastic with pictures, and video,

Could you see if there is anywhere that shows her front door?

Reason: I would think there would be a Peephole in which should would have at least checked before opening the door.

I know a 280 lb 6' 5" weight lifter, that would never open the door after midnight, without first looking in the peephole.

Who reported that the dog was locked in the bedroom? Who opened the door to the bedroom and let the dog out? Just because that is where the dog relieved itself doesn't mean that is the only room it had access to, it had to go somewhere. MAybe that is the room it spent most of its time in anyway. The 'crimescene' was disturbed from the moment JC 'unlocked' the door. How can you say anything there is pristine and has not been altered?

I believe I read somewhere and I'm sorry I can't recall at the moment, that the dog locked in the bedroom was Murphy. It appears she and/or her Dad have had that dog for some time because she does mention missing Murphy in a blog around the time that it appeared the parent's were splitting and she was moving in with her Dad. Of course this could also mean that Murphy had passed and she did have a new dog.

I've also seen reference to the condo being "Katelyn's" condo so I'm not sure how that works. Did she move out and her Dad moved in with her when he split with the mother?

I also wondered how much stuff her Dad had moved out of the condo. Since she was supposed to be moving in with JC's family in two weeks, how much furniture was still in the condo if her Dad had been moving stuff out. They were supposedly watching television on Saturday night but where were they watching it? Was there still livingroom furniture in the condo? Did Katelyn own furniture other than what was in her bedroom? Was her Dad officially moved out at this point since he obviously wasn't around all day Sunday either?

Good point about the dog possibly knocking things over in her room but also the possibility that this could indicate a small struggle in which she was overcome. If the dog was stessed in the room, I could see it doing a lot of damage but apparently it didn't. Why have LE never brought in the forensics unit to the home?

Her direct next door neighbour, the only one whose unit is attached to hers, was interviewed for the first media report and he didn't mention anything about a dog barking or anything unusual...well at least to the media person.

Next-door neighbor Brad Mills was just as surprised. He said the Markham family has lived in the area for about five years.

"She seemed responsible. She'd just come and go. There was never a disturbance. Never had any issues," Mills said.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/28872758/detail.html

Regarding the cell phone and delay time for texts, I noticed that the phone number on her website is with Cingular wireless....part of AT&T I believe. There is an AT&T tower quite close to her home so she should have been receiving pretty good service if that is in fact still her phone number and carrier. The lag time would have been at the other end I would think.

MOO

I'm 23, and like ShouldBWorking's (?I think you were the one) daughter said, "Hell no!" But I'm pretty paranoid about safety.

If someone knocked on my door unexpectedly in the middle of the night, it would freak me out. But I wouldn't ignore it; I'd sneak to my peephole and see who it was. If it was someone I knew well, I'd answer cautiously. If not, I'd call the cops if it seemed the person was behaving suspicious.

I was an RA for three years at my university, and I would often get knocks in the middle of the night. Those knocks were never good news, so maybe that's why I'm more skittish now.

Having been an RA, I've worked with many girls around KM's age. While some had fairly unsafe habits ... leaving their doors unlocked, walking home drunk alone from bars, etc., I really don't think they would just open their door in the middle of the night to a stranger, unless they were expecting someone. They would look through the peephole first.

Just my 2 cents! :)

Hey A_News_Junkie, :hug:,

seeing how you are so Fantastic with pictures, and video,

Could you see if there is anywhere that shows her front door?

Reason: I would think there would be a Peephole in which should would have at least checked before opening the door.

I know a 280 lb 6' 5" weight lifter, that would never open the door after midnight, without first looking in the peephole.

I will see what I can do. First I gotta find a front door video or pic - anyone know where one is handy?

Since you are all talking about the dog I thought I might as well throw up a picture of what I think is her dog. I think a dog this big would be able to knock off the hats and knock over the pencils or what ever else was disturbed in the room. Especially if left alone for some time. This dog most likely caused the damage to the blinds on the door also. I have a hunch this dog might have gone somewhat crazy when people came to the house and that might have been why KM left the dog in the bedroom when she might have answered the door if someone knocked on it while she was sleeping.

163855_196697180344661_100000131426808_858617_775808_n.jpg

My personal gut feeling is that while she was sleeping with the dog in bed someone either knocked on the door or called KM. She then closed the bedroom door behind her, locking the dog inside the bedroom while she answered the door. This person might have called KM as she slept and asked her to come to their apartment too. This might explain why her phone is missing and a lack of a struggle. This person was likely a neighbor that lived in the same building or close by in the same neighborhood and might of been someone she knew as an acquaintance. I also think it would have been someone that knew KM was staying in the condo or apartment alone that night since her father was said to usually stay there with her. I don't think this was a random case of someone knocking on door looking to abduct someone or someone that entered her apartment and took her.

I'm not convinced JC is responsible for her disappearance just yet. This case parallels Lauren Giddings case in a lot of ways as far as things being left behind.

JMO

ETA: I think the dogs name is Bosstin

The guy in that picture looks a lot like JC--is it him, with her cat and dog?

I'm 23, and like ShouldBWorking's (?I think you were the one) daughter said, "Hell no!" But I'm pretty paranoid about safety.

If someone knocked on my door unexpectedly in the middle of the night, it would freak me out. But I wouldn't ignore it; I'd sneak to my peephole and see who it was. If it was someone I knew well, I'd answer cautiously. If not, I'd call the cops if it seemed the person was behaving suspicious.

I was an RA for three years at my university, and I would often get knocks in the middle of the night. Those knocks were never good news, so maybe that's why I'm more skittish now.

Having been an RA, I've worked with many girls around KM's age. While some had fairly unsafe habits ... leaving their doors unlocked, walking home drunk alone from bars, etc., I really don't think they would just open their door in the middle of the night to a stranger, unless they were expecting someone. They would look through the peephole first.

Just my 2 cents! :)

If I was in my bedroom texting with my boyfriend, I think I'd likely send a quick "wtf? someone's knocking at the door?!?" text before going down to check it out.

And since JC has stated that the picture that she took a picture of before sending it was in her room, that would be where she should have been just before something happened to likely make her phone inoperable.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member