GUILTY OH - Man tried to pull 10 yo Elyria girl out bedroom window, Cuyahoga County, Feb 2016

Admin Note

I removed a post containing a link to a FB page purported to be the perp arrested & referenced in the MSM article. I am not convinced it is the wrong page, but I did research and can't confirm 100% (or even 95%, for that matter). I will keep sleuthing and, if I can confirm it is correct, I will happily restore the post.

Simply stated - safer to assume it may not be the perp until we can confirm with certainty.

Thanks for understanding.

I thought there wasn't a perp arrested?
That's why they are searching for a suspect in both cases? Or did I miss something?

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/us-world-news/211890149-story

There was some speculation going on in regard to another case, that they could be the same perp. I was just coming here to post the link below. Since they're putting this back out into the media, I am assuming they've determined that guy wasn't the perp in this case.

http://www.21alive.com/news/local/O...apper-Targeting-Young-Children-397119101.html

You know, at this point, with video, descriptions etc.. it's apparent to me that people (family) knows who this person is and is protecting him. Crap, I still think going back to the case of the little tot found so "miraculously" will eventually come into play here...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

20964833-large.png

For the first time on Thursday, the FBI acknowledged that the 6-year-old girl was violently attacked by her kidnapper during the 17 hours he held her in his room at an unknown location.

"He didn't take her to have a tea party," FBI spokeswoman Vicki Anderson said. "He did things to her that we're not going to go into. But she was harmed. We're happy she's alive but they didn't play Barbies."..

Someone knows him," Liberti said. "Someone was in the house with the (Cleveland) girl."

Anderson said they've had some difficulty nailing down a specific year for the Chevy Malibu that he drove to the Cleveland abduction. Working with Chevy engineers, they've narrowed it down to a 2002 or 2003 model. They know it's a dark colored car, but don't know the exact color because it isn't clear in the surveillance video.

The car has a lighter colored panel on the front driver's side which makes it more distinguishable from other models. It also has an after-market spoiler on the back...

A composite sketch of the man that was released was too vague to be helpful and has, in some cases, drawn investigators into wasting time trying to identify tips generated from the sketch.

"The sketch looks like half the guys in Ohio," Anderson said.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/10/fbi_baffled_by_cleveland_elyri.html

Just heard on local news WKYC that someone has been arrested in connection with this case!

There will be a press conference at 9:30 am Eastern time.

Not finding a link yet, but will post when one is available. They said the arrest is in connection with the kidnapping in Cleveland as well as the attempted kidnapping of the 10 year old girl in Elyria, whom he attempted to pull out of her bedroom window.

ETA: Link below

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/cuya...pper-busted-after-months-on-the-run/362988688

I am so relieved tonight! He's finally off the street!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.chroniclet.com/Local-New...ble-connection-to-Lorain-abduction-tries.html
LORAIN — Police believe Justin A. Christian may be linked to the attempted abductions of several school girls in February from the city’s west side.

In Lorain, the girls were approached on the city’s west side. The first incident happened at 6:07 a.m. in the area of Washington Avenue and West Ninth Street. The man grabbed a juvenile girl by the arm, made a threatening comment and punched her twice. She screamed and the man ran from the area. Neighbors heard the girl’s screams and told police the man ran toward West Eighth Street.

At 7:20 a.m. in the area of Oberlin Avenue and West Eighth Street, a man believed to be the same man exposed himself and followed a juvenile girl into a yard before running west on West Eighth Street.

About 26 minutes later in the area of West 18th Street and Oakdale Avenue, a man grabbed a girl from behind and ran east on West 18th Street when she started kicking and screaming.

The oldest girl was 15 and the others were younger elementary-aged students. Sivert said Lorain police cannot say for certain in Christian is connected to the cases, but they aren’t ruling it out.

“We believe the same suspect was involved in these (attempted abductions) just based on the proximity of where he lived in relation to where the incidents occurred,” Sivert said. “The physical description, clothing description and victims he was targeting all lead us to believe he is possibly a suspect in those cases.”

About a week prior to the attempted abductions in Elyria and Lorain, 2-year-old Lana Lowther went missing from her Randall Street home and was found by a driver standing in the middle of the road about a mile and a half from her home.

More in article

In a news conference this morning, officials from Cleveland and Elyria police and the Cleveland FBI office identified Justin A. Christian of Lorain as a suspect. He was arrested without incident at his home, and according to a release from Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty, Christian was indicted today by a county grand jury on three counts of rape, eight counts of kidnapping, two counts of aggravated burglary and tampering with evidence...

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said Christian’s arrest was the first successful use of the state’s familial DNA search, where an unknown DNA sample is tested to find genetic near matches between relatives.

http://www.chroniclet.com/cops-and-...s-conference-about-Elyria-kidnap-attempt.html

In 2008, Christian was convicted of menacing. According to the police report in that case, he pulled his girlfriend's hair and slapped her, causing their 10-month-old daughter to fall to the floor. He also jumped on the windshield of her vehicle, causing it to break, while she was trying to drive away.

Despite the conviction, Christian avoided jail time and was just given probation.

He's currently being held in the Cuyahoga County Jail and is scheduled to be in court on Dec. 8.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/who-is-justin-christian

Justin Christian_1480963828873_7241162_ver1.0.jpg
29-year-old Justin Andrew Christian

Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Tim McGinty said they were able to connect DNA left behind on a ladder to the suspect.
"There may be a social media connection with the children as a way for the predator to have targeted them," McGinty said...

BCI now has the capability to search for familial DNA," DeWine said. "This DNA identifies someone with a genetic near match to the person who actually committed the crime. It could be a brother, father or a son. We have at BCI now specialized software that looks for genetic near matches in the state DNA database. A familial search will identify the top 100 DNA profiles that could potentially be siblings and the top 100 male DNA profiles that could be potentially fathers or sons...

"In high-priority cases in which public safety is a great risk and the public is in danger, I have authorized our scientists to work 24/7 -- including weekends -- to expedite these final results. That was done in this case."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wkyc...he-run/362988688?client=ms-android-sonymobile

Wow isn't it strange how he kind of looks like the other guy that people has thought were connected to the case?! I can't believe this guy is crazy enough to attempt to kidnap so many girls like that!! And that new DNA thing is super cool!! I didn't know they could do that ..

the lowther case! he needs to be looked at. that little girl was so young that if he only touched her rather than the worse alternative, she may not have been able to verbalize it?

http://www.chroniclet.com/Local-New...ble-connection-to-Lorain-abduction-tries.html
LORAIN — Police believe Justin A. Christian may be linked to the attempted abductions of several school girls in February from the city’s west side.

In Lorain, the girls were approached on the city’s west side. The first incident happened at 6:07 a.m. in the area of Washington Avenue and West Ninth Street. The man grabbed a juvenile girl by the arm, made a threatening comment and punched her twice. She screamed and the man ran from the area. Neighbors heard the girl’s screams and told police the man ran toward West Eighth Street.

At 7:20 a.m. in the area of Oberlin Avenue and West Eighth Street, a man believed to be the same man exposed himself and followed a juvenile girl into a yard before running west on West Eighth Street.

About 26 minutes later in the area of West 18th Street and Oakdale Avenue, a man grabbed a girl from behind and ran east on West 18th Street when she started kicking and screaming.

The oldest girl was 15 and the others were younger elementary-aged students. Sivert said Lorain police cannot say for certain in Christian is connected to the cases, but they aren’t ruling it out.

“We believe the same suspect was involved in these (attempted abductions) just based on the proximity of where he lived in relation to where the incidents occurred,” Sivert said. “The physical description, clothing description and victims he was targeting all lead us to believe he is possibly a suspect in those cases.”

About a week prior to the attempted abductions in Elyria and Lorain, 2-year-old Lana Lowther went missing from her Randall Street home and was found by a driver standing in the middle of the road about a mile and a half from her home.

More in article

the lowther case! he needs to be looked at. that little girl was so young that if he only touched her rather than the worse alternative, she may not have been able to verbalize it?

Could be the case. With her name and pic being in the media, even if they did detect that he digitally raped her, they may have kept that info private for the girls privacy. Would his hands have left DNA evidence?

Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Tim McGinty said they were able to connect DNA left behind on a ladder to the suspect.

"There may be a social media connection with the children as a way for the predator to have targeted them," McGinty said. "It's another instance where parents should be very aware of their young childrens' social media contact."

More than 500 tips were received throughout the course of the investigation.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/crime/arrested-alleged-kidnapper-busted-after-months-on-the-run/362988688

This is so scary. Could he have been on their social media accounts? Grooming etc is happening so much nowadays in these instances.
Thank the Lord he has been arrested.

I don't know :(

Could be the case. With her name and pic being in the media, even if they did detect that he digitally raped her, they may have kept that info private for the girls privacy. Would his hands have left DNA evidence?

"There may be a social media connection with the children as a way for the predator to have targeted them," McGinty said. "It's another instance where parents should be very aware of their young childrens' social media contact."

More than 500 tips were received throughout the course of the investigation.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/crime/arrested-alleged-kidnapper-busted-after-months-on-the-run/362988688

This is so scary. Could he have been on their social media accounts? Grooming etc is happening so much nowadays in these instances.
Thank the Lord he has been arrested.
LL was too young to use SM and some of the other children were pretty young. But, Christian may have befriended their parents on SM and he viewed pics they had posted of the children? I wonder if he has a family member who is a SM connection to the parents in all of the cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back