OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #88

This is more of the backroom shenanigans, this kangaroo court system is playing. This is to protect FW, so if the truth comes out at trail, she can not be charged. All my Opinion.

I agree. To protect FW. It’s the same as protecting the money supply and the land.
Maybe also protecting R financially.
I can’t quote it, but the statute of limitations (for FW deeds) comes into play here.

This is more of the backroom shenanigans, this kangaroo court system is playing. This is to protect FW, so if the truth comes out at trail, she can not be charged. All my Opinion.

Could you explain what you mean? I have no clue. Charged for what? No one but her attorney can protect her and he has no say in anything regarding Billy's trial.

There is this show I like to watch that is still doing new episodes and I have been surprised twice now.

It is about defendants who decide to take the stand at trial and I highly recommend this show to anyone who follows jury trials.

I was surprised twice because one episode was all about George Wagner taking the stand at his trial and the other night I watched a new episode that featured Billy's attorney Mark Collins.

Mark Collins is good .... Real good......He got his "guilty" client off!

Defendant seemed guilty to me and was on his second trial after a mistrial.

Could you explain what you mean? I have no clue. Charged for what? No one but her attorney can protect her and he has no say in anything regarding Billy's trial.
After hearing testimony and evidence at George's trial, I think there were quite a few people who knew the Wagners had killed the Rhodens, including FW. I think the prosecution reluctantly agreed to drop the charges against her because they wanted to protect the evidence and their strategy in the cases against the killers. It's why they left the door open to bring charges against her in the future. Considering the length of the criminal investigation and the high cost, the state would have been justified in prosecuting all of those who knew who the killers were, but didn't come forward. JMO

Sure, there's probably no point in filing new charges against her now (and I think there are ways they could). But its not to say she isn't using her influence for a plan to help Billy avoid conviction, possibly even help George's appeals. Junk has already helped by making sure the civil suit against the Wagners was dropped. The orchestration of the decision to postpone Billy's trial for an entire year is also very suspect. Junk was always sympathetic to the Wagner family before the Rhoden murders.

All JMO

After hearing testimony and evidence at George's trial, I think there were quite a few people who knew the Wagners had killed the Rhodens, including FW. I think the prosecution reluctantly agreed to drop the charges against her because they wanted to protect the evidence and their strategy in the cases against the killers. It's why they left the door open to bring charges against her in the future. Considering the length of the criminal investigation and the high cost, the state would have been justified in prosecuting all of those who knew who the killers were, but didn't come forward. JMO

Sure, there's probably no point in filing new charges against her now (and I think there are ways they could). But its not to say she isn't using her influence for a plan to help Billy avoid conviction, possibly even help George's appeals. Junk has already helped by making sure the civil suit against the Wagners was dropped. The orchestration of the decision to postpone Billy's trial for an entire year is also very suspect. Junk was always sympathetic to the Wagner family before the Rhoden murders.

All JMO

Yes the Wagners were treated with kid gloves in court before the murders and during the beginning of the homicide investigation.

Took 10 months before there was serious
focus on them.

As prosecutor on the Wagner cases it was in Junk's best interest to get the 4 Wagner's convicted.

Running for judge - even though unopposed - looked better for him having secured multiple convictions on 3 of the Wagners.

Billy is an extension of the Wagner cases and thus it looks better for Junk if Billy is convicted - of murder specifically.

Junk looks good in the community for having successfully prosecuted the Wagners - and Billy by extension.

Whatever influence FW might have had all went down the drain with her arrest on November 13th 2018.

Junk was part of the prosecution that tried to take her to trial and it was in his best interest NOT to dismiss her case.

I believe Junk wants Billy convicted and Canepa did not want his trial moved.

I believe Junk would have brought charges again on FW if he had the evidence to back it up.

FW's influence in Pike County is long gone....

2 Cents

On the eighth anniversary of the #PikeCountyMassacre, one trial still looms. But #BillyWagner won't face a jury until next January.

1713792728206.png
Eight people were murdered senselessly on April 21-22, 2016. My thoughts are with the loved ones left behind to deal with their losses.

George's appeal case - docket updates

Docket Information:
Date Docket Test
04/05/2024 DEFENDANT-APPELLANT'S UNOPPOSED MOTION FOR THIRD EXTENSION OF DEALDINE TO SUBMIT OPENING BRIEF AND ASSIGNMENTS OF ERROR FILED
COPIES FILED RETD TO COUNSEL BY EMAIL, 4 TO COURT OF APPEALS

04/12/2024 JOURNAL ENTRY -- IT IS ORDERED THAT APPELLATE COUNSEL FOR DEFENDANT, GEORGE W WAGNER, IV, IS AUTHORIZED TO SUBMIT PERIODIC BILLS AND TO BE PAID $125.00 PER HOUR FOR WORK BEFORE MARCH 1, 2024 AND $140.00 PER HOUR ON AND AFTER THAT DATE, WITH NO FEE CAP.
COPIES FILED MAILED TO COUNSEL, 4 TO COURT OF APPEALS

04/15/2024 MAGISTRATE'S ORDER -- APPELLANT'S SECOND MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE MERIT BRIEF IS GRANTED; APPELLANT SHALL FILE A BRIEF ON OR BEFORE JUNE 10, 2024
COPIES FILED MAILED TO COUNSEL, 4 TO COURT OF APPEALS

link: https://cpcourt.pikecounty.oh.gov/e...uwg*7QLebgCgnR9*ZpdT4w0XSFECcuLTftFYZT*kRTTcw

Rest in heavenly peace/ So long ago but still on my mind. :(

Linked article provides no new information.

8 years since Pike County massacre: Where the case stands now | Click on the image to read the full story

1713996956212.png

The victims — Christopher Rhoden Sr., 40; Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20; Dana Lynn Rhoden, 37; Gary Rhoden, 38; Hanna May Rhoden, 19; Hannah Gilley, 20; Kenneth Rhoden, 44; and Christopher Rhoden Jr., 16 were all shot and killed in or near their four homes in April 2016.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back