OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #88

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio —

A town woke up one morning to the horror that eight people were brutally killed. The Rhoden family suffered an unthinkable loss eight times over on one late April night in 2016. And years would go by before an arrest was made, and the massacre of an entire family still haunts Pike County, Ohio to this day. On April 22, 2021 Edward Jake Wagner pleads guilty and agrees to testify against family members.

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE LINKS *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed Timeline Post by BettyP

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25
Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33
Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44
Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52
Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread#58
Thread #59 Thread #60
Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63
Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68
Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71
Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76
Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84
Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:
Statements being made as fact require a link.

Personal experiences
with marijuana are off topic.

Discussing both sides of what is being presented in court is permitted.

Do not chastise other members for their point of view.

Those that are unable to adhere to the rules as outlined in the TOS will be given a time out or banned from the conversation.

This trial is expected to be very long, and with any case there will likely be topics or claims presented that one personally disagrees with. That is OK - everyone is entitled to share their point of view, as long as it is done within TOS, facts are linked, the essence of the comment is victim friendly, and other posters are not attacked for their own point of view.

———
Mod Note:

Please keep in mind that the judge has stated no photos involving victims or minors, and no photos that include blood, etc. related to the crime scenes, are to be published. Those same images will not be permitted on WS in accordance with the court order.

Update to Judge’s Order 10/11/22:
ames Pilcher

@jamespilcher
·
19m

Starting new thread for testimony in Wagner murder trial in Pike County. Also just learned appeals court ruled in media's favor allowing us to photograph and video any exhibit or evidence shown in court. It's up to us whether to publish or broadcast. Thanks
@jackcgreiner

@local12

Questions: contact a moderator or admin.

Thanks,
Tiff

ADMIN NOTE:

This is a trial thread. Bickering, rudeness and personalizing are violations of TOS at any time, let alone in a trial thread. If it resumes, permanent thread reply bans will be issued to members involved.

ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed for politicizing and discussing the death penalty.

RACE/SEX/POLITICS/RELIGION BASHING, ETC

Threads or posts promoting or expressing intolerant views toward a particular social group are prohibited. Introducing social justice/injustice issues such as race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, politics, gun control, capital punishment into a discussion is not allowed.

Read The Rules.

Members who don't bother reading our Terms of Service face a loss of posting privileges.

Hello fellow Rhoden supporters this is probably a dumb question but do we have access to court transcripts for GW?

Remembering the victims and their loved ones. <3

40-year-old Christopher Rhoden Sr., 37-year-old Dana Rhoden, 20-year-old Hannah "Hazel" Gilley, 16-year-old Christopher Rhoden Jr., 20-year-old Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 37-year-old Gary Rhoden, 19-year-old Hanna May Rhoden, and 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden.

‘Light a candle’​

Pike County marks seventh year since 8 killed in massacre​

• The Columbus Dispatch
  • 22 Apr 2023
  • Patricia Gallagher Newberry
This Link Goes Right To The Article

Chris Rhoden Sr. didn’t like school as a kid, his brother reported.
“I would have to chase him down and carry him to the bus,” Tony Rhoden said

Chris Rhoden would later earn A’s in school, build playgrounds in his head and host much-anticipated fireworks parties.
“Chris had the ability to look at a project and bring it to life,” said Tony Rhoden, the middle of the nine Rhoden siblings.

Rhoden offered similar snippets about other victims.

Brother Kenneth Rhoden’s “innocent look” helped him escape punishment for boyhood misdeeds.
Nephew “Little Chris” Rhoden loved anything with a motor.
Niece Hanna Rhoden would let you touch her toys if she liked you.
Nephew Frankie Rhoden liked to talk about hunting. His future wife, Hannah Hazel Gilley, was OK being known as “Little Hannah.”
Sister-in-law Dana Manley Rhoden always spoke her mind. “She would … tell me what I needed to do at my own house.”
Gary Rhoden got a laugh out of filling his cousin’s boots with rocks (and using his money for lottery tickets).

The whereabouts and well-being of some of the children was revealed during the fall trial.

● Brentley Rhoden, now 10, lives in Portsmouth with his mother, Chelsea Robinson, a prosecution witness in the fall trial. She read his victim impact statement in court. “I’ve been scared since that night. I’m scared that I will lose my mommy,” he wrote.

● Bulvine Wagner, now 9, lives in West Portsmouth with his mother, Tabitha Claytor. The former wife of Wagner IV, another witness for the prosecution, is remarried with two other children.

● Kylie and Ruger Rhoden, now 7 and 71⁄2, continue to mourn for their lost parents, their grandmother Andrea Shoemaker said in court. Her son, Charlie Gilley, is the father of Kylie Rhoden. Her daughter, victim Hannah Hazel Gilley, was mother to Ruger. No fall witness indicated who is raising Kylie and Ruger, however. The Pike County Juvenile Court sealed their custody cases in 2016 and has yet to respond to The Enquirer’s motion, filed last month, to unseal them.

● The current home of Sophia Wagner, now 9, was also not revealed.
Asked about Sophia at a fall press conference, Tony Rhoden said only, “She is very well taken care of.”

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230422-220805.png
    Screenshot_20230422-220805.png
    674.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Came across this photo today - This photo really says alot .......

Angela Canepa, Ohio special prosecutor, listens to defense attorney John P. Parker deliver his closing statement in the trial of George Wagner IV, Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2022. Canepa did the closing argument for the state the day before.

1682235780562.png

Came across this photo today - This photo really says alot .......

Angela Canepa, Ohio special prosecutor, listens to defense attorney John P. Parker deliver his closing statement in the trial of George Wagner IV, Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2022. Canepa did the closing argument for the state the day before.

View attachment 416559
Oh gosh, she looks all done in. There was a lot to go through with Georges Trial though.

I keep popping my head in just to keep up as much as I can. Right now The trial for GannonS murder is on, started same day as Lori Vallow. Trust me to be following both. One is audio only so I start my day by listening a day behind.

7 years, seems a life time, Im Praying for Billy Wag to confess but Iknow he won't do that.

Probably, trying to only move him once. But 6 to 8 months is nothing unusual. He might still have a little attitude, and not working with the concealers and others. Their is no rush to move him, until one of the other two is ready to come.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back