OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #88

I think this is a mistake.....posted articles' purport to show updated footage but I think it is old footage.

Your link is current, thanks.

I can't even find Wilma giving her opinion on the court steps, I wish we could get better coverage of this case. No criticism towards anyone on here, I appreciate all links.

2 Cents

Here are 3 videos from last night's coverage with Wilma on the steps for you.

Thanks Here's the full video of the hearing. Only a little over 15 minutes

Thanks Betty
Here are 3 videos from last night's coverage with Wilma on the steps for you.

Thanks twall

Last edited:
Can someone help remind me about the appointment of Mark Collins and his defense team?

Did Billy declare himself indigent and request a court appointed attorney? I seem to recall one of the W4 or W6 had privately paid for attorneys.

Was it Billy or have I just lost my memory?!?..... Either is possible. Maybe it was Rita?

Prayers up for Miss Geneva. She has been through so much in her life. She deserves the closure Billy's conviction will bring.

JMO

Last edited:
"Since they were arrested, it's been five years. They've had five years to get the case together," said Wilma McCoy on the steps of the courthouse, her voice shaking. "All these other cases in Columbus and everywhere else is more important than what our family was ... these reasons are not good enough. They're not good enough because I just feel like our family's case — this one, especially — has been put on the back burner."

But Corbin ultimately determined the defense's request for a continuance of the trial date was a reasonable one, given the circumstances presented.

Billy has been imprisoned since his family's arrest for the murders in November of 2018.

and last updated 4:35 PM, Mar 07, 2024
Why did the judge postpone it for so long?! That's crazy.

Can someone help remind me about the appointment of Mark Collins and his defense team?

Did Billy declare himself indigent and request a court appointed attorney? I seem to recall one of the W4 or W6 had privately paid for attorneys.

Was it Billy or have I just lost my memory?!?..... Either is possible. Maybe it was Rita?

Prayers up for Miss Geneva. She has been through so much in her life. She deserves the closure Billy's conviction will bring.

JMO

All 4 are indigent

Jake's attorneys get State funding through the public defender's office.

The other 3 get State funding for private attorneys who are not from the public defender's office.

Most States use a combination of these methods.
Office of Justice Programs

What is Indigent Defense? - Definition & Types | Study.com

Public Defender Programs
This type of program allows for public defenders to work independently without having to report to someone. Public defenders, within this program, are court appointed to cases. These programs are non-profit and can be considered public or private programs.

Contract Attorney Systems
This provides a government agreement with private law firms, private lawyers, and the bar association. The lawyers in each of these categories are hired as indigent defense lawyers for a certain time frame and amount.

"Since they were arrested, it's been five years. They've had five years to get the case together," said Wilma McCoy on the steps of the courthouse, her voice shaking. "All these other cases in Columbus and everywhere else is more important than what our family was ... these reasons are not good enough. They're not good enough because I just feel like our family's case — this one, especially — has been put on the back burner."

But Corbin ultimately determined the defense's request for a continuance of the trial date was a reasonable one, given the circumstances presented.

Billy has been imprisoned since his family's arrest for the murders in November of 2018.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/pike-coun...5[/URL and last updated 4:35 PM, Mar 07, 2024
Among other things, the delay, delay, delay keeps Billy in jail awaiting trial rather than convicted and in prison (which is a horse of a different color).

and last updated 4:35 PM, Mar 07, 2024
Wilma makes a very good argument. What have Billy’s attorneys been doing for the last five years they’ve been representing him? When the time comes for his trial, they need another year to prepare. Unbelievable. I’m tempted to write a letter or two, maybe send some emails.

Wilma makes a very good argument. What have Billy’s attorneys been doing for the last five years they’ve been representing him? When the time comes for his trial, they need another year to prepare. Unbelievable. I’m tempted to write a letter or two, maybe send some emails.

Give me the names and addresses, thanks.

I think what I saw was old footage that was presented as new footage. The only reliable footage I can find is from @Covert Operative.

Again, thanks to everyone for trying to get new current footage and photos.

I don't even remember FW or RW at George's trial.

2 Cents
Billy did turn around and seemed to stare a few seconds and nod at someone right before he went out. I was not sure who he might have being doing that to.

You go girl!!!!! If AW and JW and maybe GW testify its's over for him. Needing more time is only for trying to find evidence against their testimonies and it won't happen, there isn't anything out there. The judge needs to step it up. Ms Geneva and family have been preyed upon enough!!!

Last edited:
I did not have this in my notes - so thought maybe it had not been posted yet....

for George - Appeal case

03/04/2024 MAGISTRATE'S ORDER -- APPELLANT'S MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE BRIEF IS GRANTED TO MAY 9, 2024
COPIES FILED MAILED TO COUNSEL, 4 TO COURT OF APPEALS

link: https://cpcourt.pikecounty.oh.gov/e...P**3ThZWvf*f-k8xKfVwkmoBrdD1fNZOWZtfThVeVOy8w

no updates on Billy....
I have not ever followed an appeal case through all the steps, only have kept up with a few appeals very loosely.
Do you know when the brief and assisgnment of errors is filed if it will it will also be filed in the Pike County court system? Would like to be able to read it.
I think Pike county falls in the Ohio 4th district court of appeals so maybe it could be gotten that way if neccessary. I am not sure if they make those documents easily available.

I have not ever followed an appeal case through all the steps, only have kept up with a few appeals very loosely.
Do you know when the brief and assisgnment of errors is filed if it will it will also be filed in the Pike County court system? Would like to be able to read it.
I think Pike county falls in the Ohio 4th district court of appeals so maybe it could be gotten that way if neccessary. I am not sure if they make those documents easily available.

If you are asking me - I have NO idea... sorry! But I do believe it is the 4th district court, but the docket doesn't really say.

If you are asking me - I have NO idea... sorry! But I do believe it is the 4th district court, but the docket doesn't really say.
Covert Op is correct... it is District 4

"As the dust begins to settle and Wagner files his appeals however, — his father who shares his namesake but goes by “Billy” is slated for trial next year"

Last edited:
03/12/2024"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Judge: JUNK, ROBERTEvent: JURY TRIALDate: 01/06/2025 Time: 09:00 AM
03/12/2024COSTS FOR NOTICES MAILED
03/12/2024ENTRY GRANTING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CONTINUE TRIAL DATE -- THE ABOVE STYLED MATTER IS HEREBY RESCHEDULED FOR A JURY TRIAL ON JANUARY 6, 2025; DEFENDANT, GEORGE W WAGNER, III, BY AND THROUGH COUNSEL, CONTINUES TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A SPEEDY TRIAL FOR THE PERIOD OF THIS CONTINUANCE AS TO THE PENDING CHARGESCOPIES FILED MAILED BY ASSIGNMENT COMMISSIONER

03/12/2024"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Judge: JUNK, ROBERTEvent: JURY TRIALDate: 01/06/2025 Time: 09:00 AM
03/12/2024COSTS FOR NOTICES MAILED
03/12/2024ENTRY GRANTING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CONTINUE TRIAL DATE -- THE ABOVE STYLED MATTER IS HEREBY RESCHEDULED FOR A JURY TRIAL ON JANUARY 6, 2025; DEFENDANT, GEORGE W WAGNER, III, BY AND THROUGH COUNSEL, CONTINUES TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A SPEEDY TRIAL FOR THE PERIOD OF THIS CONTINUANCE AS TO THE PENDING CHARGESCOPIES FILED MAILED BY ASSIGNMENT COMMISSIONER

I will assume same visiting judge.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316