OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
What prompted him to go in the garage?
I know it's hard to say how one would react to finding a dead body but I'm pretty sure my first thought wouldn't be to go look in the garage.. There has to be more to the story than he's saying.

The simplest explanation is that DS knew of the grow op and his first thought was to link it to someone stealing the MJ. He didn't go to the garage and "discover" the MJ, he went to the garage to see if it was still there.

Something happened to the plants and obvious and wanted to make that a point I believe.
Maybe he wanted to make it appear to the LE that he had zero clue that those plants existed. Like, Oh my, there's marijuana plants here, we better call the cops.

Also wondering if any family member or close neighbors had ties with IJ, and familiar with the family layout. Did Kenneth and one of the other victims have a issue with a older relitive of IJ also. It very odd case how the LE doesn't seem to worried about public safety over the cases being built or investigation started. May be a ploy to make it easier to dismiss or catalog leads generated from public with limited resources. I would at least think they would have brought in someone and may have holded them for a bit to let them know not to try anything else cause their watching them but while they build other cases against others. did any one official say it was a inside job?

The one business that was started back in 2009 though, was almost two years after CR and DR divorce, and HR would have only been around 13 at the time. I do think that this was the time that CR1 and KR, possibly GR at that time too, got into stuff they shouldn't have. You can look at the properties in 2010, and then look in the years that follow, and that's when new buildings, and mobile homes, and more cars on the properties, start cropping up.

-------------

Yes, indeed, I think your reasoning is solid. I may have already mentioned it, but it seems entirely plausible to me that Dana would not have been exactly pleased with her husband getting involved in illegal activities and thereby drawing her and the children into it by association. She was not about to gamble with her reputation and future. Hence the divorce / separation on "irreconcilable differences" yet still unofficially involved with CRsnr (relationship : it's complicated) and having her own place nearby (with HR and CRjnr) where, presumably, no grow-operation was permitted. It is somewhat sad and ironic that her planning went awry; that despite her foresight she and her kids were still tainted, terminally, by association and proximity to CRsnr.

Also wondering if any family member or close neighbors had ties with IJ, and familiar with the family layout. Did Kenneth and one of the other victims have a issue with a older relitive of IJ also. It very odd case how the LE doesn't seem to worried about public safety over the cases being built or investigation started. May be a ploy to make it easier to dismiss or catalog leads generated from public with limited resources. I would at least think they would have brought in someone and may have holded them for a bit to let them know not to try anything else cause their watching them but while they build other cases against others. did any one official say it was a inside job?
Just a wild thought, but maybe LE is waiting for them to sink their own ship, while they build their case. This way, if someone knows what happened, they could step forward, and possibly help themselves out by doing so, since they could be an accessory, and it would be worse on them if they wait til LE arrests them. Again, just a thought.

I have felt the same way about some Facebook comments I've read. Have there ever been cases where someone guilty of a crime has come on here and tried to throw people off of a theory? Does anyone know about any older cases where that has happened here?

Yes! Here's a link to the case I recall specifically. The guilty party started posting around post #109 on the 1st thread. Username: Dmoore
The information gathered by Websleuth members early on in that case was amazing!

FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #1
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92288

Yes, soft tissue bruising, consistent with a hit or kick or fall. But we don't have the full coroner's report. Having the "***** beaten out of them" sounds a whole lot different. I would expect there would be the terms, blunt force trauma, abrasions, and lacerations, if someone beat the ***** out of them. These were not little men. If this was a beating, (I'd say they'd have put up some sort of fight too and got some licks in) then I'd expect more on the coroner's report, which we've not actually seen yet that I'm aware of, than "signs of soft tissue bruising". jmo
I really don't think they were "beaten" as badly as BJM thought, or implied. I'm not saying that they didn't have a scuffle with the perps....something maybe that would cause "soft tissue damage".

I'm assuming that both of these victims were shot multiple times, and would assume that the sheer volume of blood, and blood spatter on their bodies, would maybe make it seem that they had been beaten and had bled extensively from the beating. I'm pretty sure that she didn't take the time to look for bullet wounds, and if I recall she didn't mention that they were shot. I think she just thought that they had been beaten.

-------------

Yes, indeed, I think your reasoning is solid. I may have already mentioned it, but it seems entirely plausible to me that Dana would not have been exactly pleased with her husband getting involved in illegal activities and thereby drawing her and the children into it by association. She was not about to gamble with her reputation and future. Hence the divorce / separation on "irreconcilable differences" yet still unofficially involved with CRsnr (relationship : it's complicated) and having her own place nearby (with HR and CRjnr) where, presumably, no grow-operation was permitted. It is somewhat sad and ironic that her planning went awry; that despite her foresight she and her kids were still tainted, terminally, by association and proximity to CRsnr.

I'm thinking that's pretty accurate as well. I'm not sure how DR was tied to the Scioto Trading Co w/the cars but I don't think it was anything major on her part. Maybe using their license to sell them and giving them a cut.

I really don't think they were "beaten" as badly as BJM thought, or implied. I'm not saying that they didn't have a scuffle with the perps....something maybe that would cause "soft tissue damage".

I'm assuming that both of these victims were shot multiple times, and would assume that the sheer volume of blood, and blood spatter on their bodies, would maybe make it seem that they had been beaten and had bleed extensively from the beating. I'm pretty sure that she didn't take the time to look for bullet wounds, and if I recall she didn't mention that they were shot. I think she just thought they have been beaten.

I agree, that was my point.

I'm assuming that both of these victims were shot multiple times, and would assume that the sheer volume of blood, and blood spatter on their bodies, would maybe make it seem that they had been beaten and had bled extensively from the beating. I'm pretty sure that she didn't take the time to look for bullet wounds, and if I recall she didn't mention that they were shot. I think she just thought that they had been beaten.

I agree.. unless you have seen a gun shot victim, you can never in your life imagine what it looks like, it would be very easy to think someone had been beaten, especially if the gun shot wounds were to the face.

I agree.. unless you have seen a gun shot victim, you can never in your life imagine what it looks like, it would be very easy to think someone had been beaten, especially if the gun shot wounds were to the face.

Agreed. Especially since we also don't know the caliber or type. I work in the ER and I have seen some pretty nasty incidents come in, people can be very messed up. We also don't know TOD. Lots of things happen to the body after death and depending how long some may have been dead, it can add to the gruesome scene. I know coroner noted soft tissue bruising, but I wonder if it was from something else or those incidents. I could also see if someone was trying to get information if they could have been beating them in the face with the gun or something to that effect. As always, there are so many angles for this because we know so little.

It seems that a lot of people from this area die at a young age. In looking through the facebook pages, I have seen lots of references to young people that have passed.

Been reading about this case all afternoon.

It seems most people are drawn to drug dealing in the area being part of a motive, which is understandable given that a large amount of weed was found to be cultivated on the property. And This is leading to people 'following the money', attempting to locate financial double dealing.

But is it not just as possible this was a highly personal attack from a close relationship? To kill eight people implies the UNSUB/s knew the homes well and patterns of the victims, the same applies for getting by the family dogs. Then we can add in that one victim was shot nine times, which screams overkill to me as does beating some of the victims.

I am wondering if the victimology will turn up a sour and toxic relationship with one or a couple of the victims. With the others all having to be killed as they would have recognized the UNSUB. No coincidence that the survivors of the attack are far too young to aid in any identification.

Thoughts?

One thing I haven't heard mentioned but the possibility of a chop shop, I mean they were big into the Demo's and working on cars. It could also be the reason some of the cars were taken by LE. One other reason could be LE suspects the perps used one of the vehicles.
What I suspect from the begining is that it not family whether drugs, cars, or some kind of feud organized group/gang and not the cartel. Maybe with a chop shop weed sales they were cutting in on someones profit. Probably were warned, but didnt take it serious enough.
Now how I think it was done was they either abducted the cousin Gary or gained entry into the premises of Chris Sr and Gary. Then while some held Chris Sr, took him to the back just in case someone unexpected showed up. Then others took Gary at gunpoint, here is where they may have used a vehicle already there, to each of the other scenes, allowing the perps to get past the dogs and enter into each house/trailer. I'm sure he didn't do it without a fight and probably a few bullet wounds to comply. Then brought back to the trailer they showed Chris Sr they did what they promised they would do then finished them both off .
just my thoughts

Agreed. Especially since we also don't know the caliber or type. I work in the ER and I have seen some pretty nasty incidents come in, people can be very messed up. We also don't know TOD. Lots of things happen to the body after death and depending how long some may have been dead, it can add to the gruesome scene. I know coroner noted soft tissue bruising, but I wonder if it was from something else or those incidents. I could also see if someone was trying to get information if they could have been beating them in the face with the gun or something to that effect. As always, there are so many angles for this because we know so little.

I was skeptical of BJM's statement that they had been beaten and assumed it was post-mortem bruising. The coroner, on the other hand, should be able to distinguish between soft tissue damage consistent with a beating and natural bruising. Since I also strongly believe that CR1 was the primary target, I'm convinced that someone did indeed "beat the *advertiser censored** out of them". I really wish there was more information to determine how it all went down and, most importantly, why.

A new thread has been prepared. This one will close in ten minutes.

Maybe Chris Sr. Showed up at Gary's. Maybe he was at Dana's and got a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member