OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so frustrated with this case. I feel as though because it has been weeks now that it may never be solved, especially since they are asking for CCTV video from locals. I'm also disappointed in the way that the AG's office is being scant on information. I realize that they can't reveal all to the public so as not to compromise the investigation, but it's pretty bad when the family and rag mags are providing more reliable information than our AG. It seems like he only makes comment, or half comment after media has gotten hints of information.

/rant over

The Auditor's Office says the maps are not to scale. But what if they are close and the mobile home and new building are not on property owned by Chris Sr.? What if he thought that property
went back from the road as far as the ones adjacent? It looks like he was using that property as his as far back as the adjacent properties. There definitely could be a confrontation over that.
It may be far fetched but I know people who have had disputes over property lines including myself.
I agree and had thought of that as well. People can get very confrontational over their property. However, the people who own that land seem to be related in some way to the person living at CR1s property on Camp Creek. So it may be one of those things where no one cares, until someone else ends up w/the property. But even though the Auditor's Office says it is not to scale, I went in and measured, from the edge of the hwy. to the back edge of the large bldg., and CR1's trailer, to the edge of the rh side of the property (bird's eye view) and then back down to the edge of the hwy. and the area = .69 acres. That lot is listed as having .56 deeded acres. The parts of the structures that seem to overlap equals .20 acres. The part that is w/in the boundary lines, excluding the hwy, = .50 ac. Now, keep in mind, I'm just winging it so I realize that I'm a point off.

My speculation:
Chris R. Sr must have been financially backed in these building projects & internal operations by someone, or some group.
Maybe not. The growth started sometime during/after 2010 and you can see from the maps that things kept going through 2014. So, it was probably of the course of 2010 through 2016. They probably started out small w/ a little marijuana and winning a little derby money, building cars for others, fixing and selling cars through STC and then maybe the marijuana operation allowed them to add things a bit at a time. It seemed they were doing a lot of different things. The only thing that we know for sure that they were doing, that was illegal, is that they found marijuana on the property. They were raising *advertiser censored* but we don't know for sure that they fought them. The rest is speculation.

There are maps with property lines marked on the media oage

Thank you for the maps. Very helpful. Could you possibly do one more? More to right of CR Sr property, including and beyond
where FR was.? Maybe there is a TOS issue? If there is, never mind! I feel like that general area was in play with most events/ operations. Trees hide so much.

I feel there is no way CR1 would have built a big expensive building on land that did not belong to him. That big of a building would have been very expensive to build based on the fact that it cost me almost 900.00 to build a small 8x10 metal building and this one looks to be 10 times that size. I know Dayna has researched this land thing and I trust her that she knows but it just doesn't seem reasonable to build on land you don't own even if it was on family/friends land. Friendships break up, families fall out. Is it possible he bought that land and hasn't yet recorded the deed? Maybe he bought it on a "rent to own" basis or an "owner finance" situation with a binding contract and the deed transfer taking place after the land is paid off. Those types of situations are pretty popular in rural areas especially with land. I just cannot fathom someone risking that much money building on land you don't own, being that the law is whoever owns the land owns the structures/improvements on it.

It happens all of the time. I know a guy who spent thousands of dollars upgrading a piece of property that he thought was his. It was not. He was so sure it was his that he got a lawyer to prove it. But, in the end, it still was not his property.

Maybe not. The growth started sometime during/after 2010 and you can see from the maps that things kept going through 2014. So, it was probably of the course of 2010 through 2016. They probably started out small w/ a little marijuana and winning a little derby money, building cars for others, fixing and selling cars through STC and then maybe the marijuana operation allowed them to add things a bit at a time. It seemed they were doing a lot of different things. The only thing that we know for sure that they were doing, that was illegal, is that they found marijuana on the property. They were raising *advertiser censored* but we don't know for sure that they fought them. The rest is speculation.

Agree. What you say is possible.
And, it would not be illegal for someone to lend money or finance on a handshake and/or partnership.
They were doing a lot of different things and probably had a wide range of business associates in each area of business.
The possibilities for earning money or financing are many.
I would like to see bank records, Tax records. Ohio divorce records are also supposed to have a financial statement, I think.

Your reply made me realize something else.
"They were raising *advertiser censored*."
yes, and quite a large number too. Raising is legal in Ohio.
In all reading of social media, I never saw any evidence that they were selling them.
Why raise and not sell?
Speculation... Someone else must have been doing the sales.
Has anyone come across this info?

I am so frustrated with this case. I feel as though because it has been weeks now that it may never be solved, especially since they are asking for CCTV video from locals. I'm also disappointed in the way that the AG's office is being scant on information. I realize that they can't reveal all to the public so as not to compromise the investigation, but it's pretty bad when the family and rag mags are providing more reliable information than our AG. It seems like he only makes comment, or half comment after media has gotten hints of information. <BBM, snipped one line for space>

I think it's a game of cat and mouse right now, and maybe they're showing their hand a bit with the video request. We have cameras, and the police have knocked on our door numerous times after spotting them. Our footage records to the cloud, so even if someone took a camera, we'd have clear video of the person who did it.

Radio 700 WLW Bill Cunningham
AG DeWine on now.

DeWine first statement, won't comment on possibility of R property having cameras.
Absolutely no real info., new or old, from this interview.

It happens all of the time. I know a guy who spent thousands of dollars upgrading a piece of property that he thought was his. It was not. He was so sure it was his that he got a lawyer to prove it. But, in the end, it still was not his property.

Guy that owns property next door to us paid who only knows how much to have close to 20 of our trees cut down. Including one in our fenced in yard! Just goes to show. In this case he didn't care about property lines.

Here's a large photo of the crime scene at CR1's home. I'm not an expert, but I'm not seeing any cameras on these buildings. I realize they may be small, but what do you all think?
Since the killers dismantled and took the camera system at KR's property, did they do the same at CR1's? I'm having trouble linking, so you may need to cut and paste.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-571a9c8c/turbine/ct-ohio-shooting-pike-county-20160422

ETA: Click on the photo at the link and you'll see a large, hi res photo of the area.

I am so frustrated with this case. I feel as though because it has been weeks now that it may never be solved, especially since they are asking for CCTV video from locals. I'm also disappointed in the way that the AG's office is being scant on information. I realize that they can't reveal all to the public so as not to compromise the investigation, but it's pretty bad when the family and rag mags are providing more reliable information than our AG. It seems like he only makes comment, or half comment after media has gotten hints of information.

/rant over

I think that the reality is that this on is going to take some time. I suspect that it will turn out to be pretty complex with the actual killer(s) being just the low man on some organized crime totem pole. As an example, in Columbus, the courts have been slowly weeding through trials associated with the Short North Posse, a gang centered around drug sales and killing. http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-about-murder-in-Short-North-Posse-trial.html

It has been awhile (couple of years, I think) since a big sweep brought in arrests, and these encompassed a number of killings that had been unsolved for a number of years. And it looks like informants and witnesses played a heavy role in being able to even make arrests--as opposed to shell casings, DNA and the like.

I have been saying for some days that I believe that the Rhoden killings centered around "business" rather than being "personal," and I still hold to that opinion--even more so given the number of agencies and manpower now involved (as well as the paucity of public information).

While the initial news about the grow op provided the first inklings of likely crime connections, I don't think that marijuana, in the amounts reported, are sufficient to engage the kind of economic threat likely to have spurred a killing on this scale. JMO. I am very interested in hauling of the cars, which at first looked just like a possible sideline--maybe purchasing hot vehicles from whomever they were distributing MJ through--and transforming them through the magic of altering VIN#s etc. Perhaps just a convenience given they were already tinkering with cars as a part of their demo involvement. Pure speculation on my part.

Now, if LM is to be believed, the number of vehicles hauled off (100-150) just upped the ante some on that one. First reports were about up to 18 vehicles, with about 40 being reported in various stages on the property. And I read the article someone posted about the guy in Logan County who spent years altering VINs on stolen cars, making quite a bit of money (and possibly killing off a couple potential witnesses), before there was sufficient evidence to arrest him. Now that one just opened my eyes to some possibilities. Again, just speculation about possibilities.

But, one other bit that has been nagging at me has to do with whether there are other drugs besides marijuana in the mix. The health care LLC, which could be a mechanism for providing home health care--could provide the means by which opiods or fentanyl are obtained from patients for sale. Pure speculation.

Also, while some folks object to the whole subject of "Mexican cartels," I tend to look for out-of-county connections--which might be Mexican runners/sellers, whether reaching a level that might be considered a "cartel" or not. Or equally possible, gang-connected distributors from cities along 23. But again--the amount of marijuana found is smallish. More than home use or sale in the county--but not major producer size. However, I do recall some Sheriff's interview (don't think it was Reader) about how the local grow-ops could not be specifically know by LE. The guy got a bit huffy and basically said "look--our problems out here are opiods and heroin, not pot." Which brings me back to looking at out-of-county connections. And about the end of my knowledge. Anybody know where heroin is coming from in Pike County? Could this family have been involved in dealing locally? Accepting stolen cars in exchange, perhaps?

Pardon my speculation--just trying to think big enough to fit the crime here.

Here's a large photo of the crime scene at CR1's home. I'm not an expert, but I'm not seeing any cameras on these buildings. I realize they may be small, but what do you all think?
Since the killers dismantled and took the camera system at KR's property, did they do the same at CR1's? I'm having trouble linking, so you may need to cut and paste.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-571a9c8c/turbine/ct-ohio-shooting-pike-county-20160422

ETA: Click on the photo at the link and you'll see a large, hi res photo of the area.

I love the quality of this photo.
If you look in front of trailer, in front of tow truck, there is a tall thin pole that looks
to have electric and more.
I don't see it, but there could be a camera, light system on there.

Do you see the open window at right end trailer?

In all reading of social media, I never saw any evidence that they were selling them.
Why raise and not sell?

No info, but was there not a recent *advertiser censored*-fighting ring broken up in KY, where the family had ties? Could they be transporting birds to where the action was and selling them on site (for cash, of course)?

No info, but was there not a recent *advertiser censored*-fighting ring broken up in KY, where the family had ties? Could they be transporting birds to where the action was and selling them on site (for cash, of course)?

Speculation, but I remember reading same thing as you mention, in wide circle of friends, that include West Virginia.
But we have to remember raising is legal.
It just widens the circles of business associates...

I love the quality of this photo.
If you look in front of trailer, in front of tow truck, there is a tall thin pole that looks
to have electric and more.
I don't see it, but there could be a camera, light system on there.

Do you see the open window at right end trailer?

Yes, I see it, thanks for pointing it out. I thought LM had said the camera was mounted on the front of the building where they worked on cars. Not seeing one there.

Yes, the open window is interesting. IIRC it was discussed before, some guessing it was a bedroom or kitchen window. Could have been broken out with all the gunfire that night. Or someone came in that way.

Also note the wrecker in the front yard. Some were arguing about how CR1 would buy cars from auctions if they had to be towed. He had his own tow truck.

Why raise and not sell?
I'm pretty sure it was FR who was into the that end. As far as I know it is not illegal to sell nor trade them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member