OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
These two were my first suspects. If all is as it seems, either one of them would seem to possibly fit the profile of someone who could do such a thing. I just can't imagine that it could have gone on so long with neither one of them being arrested yet, though. Particularly a person who tends to post every thought and complaint on social media (or did at one point, anyway).

I feel this way that a male had a meltdown after failed relationships, with one ending on the 21st, not able to see his kids, financial problems, and prior telling the family off, just like his brother. Look at the profile of a mass murderer and compare with social media. I would of honed in on this one.

rsd made an interesting comment about killing in bed. About this:
- avoiding confrontation
- for example, when committed by abused on abuser.

Possible motive: bullying?

We are looking for 2 or more according to AG Dewine

When I think bullying, I mean serious bullying about life you have chosen for yourself.

I agree that mass murders are often perpetrated by people who feel rejected.

When I think bullying, I mean serious bullying about life you have chosen for yourself.

Could someone who had strong ties to the bullied person, decide enough was enough? Was there enough bullying, that at some point, there's was a last straw, for a person who cared about the bullied person(s)?
Also, it could just be someone who hated them, and/or wanted revenge for something, but chose the non-confrontational attack b/c they are a coward.

Can those promoting the theories that the motive for 8 violent murders in 4 separate locations, some miles apart were committed over a jealous/scorned woman? Please explain how this scorned woman would be able to recruit 2 other people to help plan, carry out and cover up these executions with military precision in a short period of time? How did these killers manage to remain calm, cool and collected in the following days and months while not arousing suspicion of LE, friends, relatives or co-workers?

How has the enraged or jealous woman been able to exercise complete control over her accomplices to prevent them from confessing to others? Is it likely this person has prior experience in planning, executing and covering up multiple murders or was this just a brilliant plot executed on the spur of the moment?

I'm willing to consider any of these theories if there were any inkling that such a scenario is possible.

JMO: I'm still leaning towards the idea that this case is going to go cold because it involved persons in and outside the community involved in illegal activities. Fully investigating the case could end up revealing information about illegal activities of influential and powerful people. CR1 and KR found out about or participated in these activities and were killed (along with family) because of what they knew or did.

Second theory is similar to the above, but due to ongoing investigations into a broader network of criminal activities, innocent people's lives may be at risk.

Third theory is a combination of both - LE is not making a move for risking both groups - powerful people associated and lives of innocent people (possibly undercover agents or informants) at risk.

I still think when all is said and done, LE (at local and state level) would like to see this case swept under the rug. It's just too much of a headache for them to deal with.

Still open to other theories, though.

If LE would like to see this case swept under the rug, then why have the crime scenes moved to storage? And what will they do with these trailers? They won't just go away on their own.

As a woman, I could see myself being that angry with CRsr and DR. But, I just can't see me being able to recruit anyone to kill 8 people for me or with me.

Elaborating on my theories above:

Rhoden case is similar to other murders committed in the region, believed related to drugs

Ongoing investigation of drug rings involved people getting busted, then snitching on suppliers, resulting in their deaths

Information about who was snitching and what they were saying was possibly relayed to drug dealers/suppliers by someone in or working with LE or the judicial system

Previous murders were meant to send a message to LE and the community

CR1 and KR crossed the wrong people or were a bigger snitching threat, so the criminal organization decided to send an even bigger message, possibly to people even higher up the food chain. No snitching, no rip offs or you're whole family will be wiped out.

Given the long-term organized crime in the region, it could have been over pot, shatter, coke, opiods, etc.

Because of the great lengths (and expense) to which LE has gone to keep this case quiet and the details away from the public and news media, may indicate they don't want it resolved. Similar drug-related murders in the region have also gone unsolved many years later. Either they're having a tough time cracking the case of organized crime and drug dealing in that area or....?

If LE would like to see this case swept under the rug, then why have the crime scenes moved to storage? And what will they do with these trailers? They won't just go away on their own.

As a woman, I could see myself being that angry with CRsr and DR. But, I just can't see me being able to recruit anyone to kill 8 people for me or with me.

Good question. Why would they spend scarce funds to move the trailers to storage when they claim all relevant evidence has been retrieved and stored elsewhere? As others have proposed here, was there something there they didn't want others to see? Why won't they allow family members to access personal family items? There's some reason they're showing such hostility towards locals and family. One theory of mine is that they don't want people to ask questions, see things, talk to the news media, etc. They just want everyone to move along and eventually forget about the case.

Another theory is that LE believes the mastermind or others higher up in the organization are people who are already in jail. Rather than stir up a lot of possible scandal or controversy from local involvement, they think it's better to leave well enough alone. The people who actually carried out the murders are likely pros who don't even live in Ohio, so LE here feels it's better to let someone else handle it.

Organized crime involved in drug business in this part of Ohio goes back 20+ years. Probably billions have been spent dealing with it, but most of it should have been solved by now. These aren't large urban areas, they're sparsely populated, not a lot of people to sort through when looking for criminals.

Seems that with DR just moving in the month before the murders that would have been known, (still haven't seen where she was living before the move) and that she wouldn't
be there till later after working a double. And what about their cellphones? Never heard if they were there or not. Jmo

Seems that with DR just moving in the month before the murders that would have been known, (still haven't seen where she was living before the move) and that she wouldn't
be there till later after working a double. And what about their cellphones? Never heard if they were there or not. Jmo

There's a lot the public doesn't know about evidence like cell phones, phone records, DNA evidence, etc. News media is trying to get more access through the courts, but that doesn't appear likely considering DeWine's own son is a Ohio Supreme Court justice and hasn't recused himself.

Ohio government is pretty good at hiding information about certain cases; they have a lot of experience and a good record of success. I'm not sure what it will take to break this case open, perhaps someone powerful who feels sympathy for the victims and their friends and family who are also victimized by this crime.

It's pretty rare for anyone in Ohio news media to challenge them on these kinds of cases, note only one media outlet is challenging them now. Most likely, it will take pressure from media and others outside of Ohio.

Do they usually leave the babies alive?

Who is "they"? If you mean a group of professional killers, anything is possible. Probably more likely some pros would do that than the likelihood of a scorned lover or bullied teenager would pull off such a huge, complex execution.

The bullied one wouldn't be a teenager...and as you have said anything is possible. Oh and "they" would have been who ever you were talking about....Imo

The bullied one wouldn't be a teenager...and as you have said anything is possible. Oh and "they" would have been who ever you were talking about....Imo

Even if the bullied one is an adult, what are the odds they could talk 2 other people into planning and executing a mass murder of a family, then keep quiet about it? Keep in mind, they would have had to recruit a helper who had some experience in this sort of thing, possibly some military training. The bullied person would have to pay a lot of money or offer some other type of bribe to secure that kind of assistance for such an outrageous, risky murder.

Not trying to put down others theories. Maybe its better if I don't visit this thread anymore and read theories until some kind of news breaks or new information is revealed.

As I said, it's likely going to take some pressure from outside of Ohio to make this case move forward and that doesn't seem likely at this point.

So, we got the invoices from the county. In them, it showed something in one of the homes that Reader—while on the record—told us, “I don’t need the public knowing that s—t.” That something is still inside the trailer where Christopher and Gary Rhoden were murdered.

source: Fox19 article

Did anyone ever find out what the "something" was that is referenced in the article? I'm surprised that no one in the media/tabloids/blogs never did file an FOIA and try to get their own copy of the invoice to publish.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Elaborating on my theories above:

Rhoden case is similar to other murders committed in the region, believed related to drugs

Ongoing investigation of drug rings involved people getting busted, then snitching on suppliers, resulting in their deaths

Information about who was snitching and what they were saying was possibly relayed to drug dealers/suppliers by someone in or working with LE or the judicial system

Previous murders were meant to send a message to LE and the community

CR1 and KR crossed the wrong people or were a bigger snitching threat, so the criminal organization decided to send an even bigger message, possibly to people even higher up the food chain. No snitching, no rip offs or you're whole family will be wiped out.

Given the long-term organized crime in the region, it could have been over pot, shatter, coke, opiods, etc.

Because of the great lengths (and expense) to which LE has gone to keep this case quiet and the details away from the public and news media, may indicate they don't want it resolved. Similar drug-related murders in the region have also gone unsolved many years later. Either they're having a tough time cracking the case of organized crime and drug dealing in that area or....?

One of my longstanding theories. I lean toward it harder on some days than others, but it's always in the back of my mind.

In this scenario, I'm leaning toward a couple of adults, who've felt "used" over the years and may have seen themselves as getting pushed to the back burner AGAIN. They felt shunned, expendable, treated like less than the "Rhodens" even after all the years they'd been a loyal friend/family member willing to be right there whenever needed, but taken advantage of one time too many times. So, over the course of a few weeks, they set their plan in motion. I still believe that BJM knows more than she's telling. There's just something not right about that 911 call. Then again, I could be overthinking it again.

Some interesting articles about recent illegal activity

Longtime 'Cornbread Mafia' fugitive in court

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...time-cornbread-mafia-fugitive-court/96009220/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornbread_Mafia

Adams County shuts down massive pot "grow"

http://local12.com/news/local/adams-county-shuts-down-massive-pot-grow

Investigators said they were still trying to figure out just how far reaching Steven Eury's pot operation might be. The smaller part on State Route-348 was just a short distance from where eight members of the Rhoden family were murdered three months prior. That was also an ongoing investigation for Pike County and state investigators.

Sheriff Rogers said he was not aware of any connection between the two events at this point.

Something else to consider re money strewn on KR's body

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-enters-alford-plea-kidnapping-case/87565080/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean