OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elaborating on my theories above:

Rhoden case is similar to other murders committed in the region, believed related to drugs

Ongoing investigation of drug rings involved people getting busted, then snitching on suppliers, resulting in their deaths

Information about who was snitching and what they were saying was possibly relayed to drug dealers/suppliers by someone in or working with LE or the judicial system

Previous murders were meant to send a message to LE and the community

CR1 and KR crossed the wrong people or were a bigger snitching threat, so the criminal organization decided to send an even bigger message, possibly to people even higher up the food chain. No snitching, no rip offs or you're whole family will be wiped out.

Given the long-term organized crime in the region, it could have been over pot, shatter, coke, opiods, etc.

Because of the great lengths (and expense) to which LE has gone to keep this case quiet and the details away from the public and news media, may indicate they don't want it resolved. Similar drug-related murders in the region have also gone unsolved many years later. Either they're having a tough time cracking the case of organized crime and drug dealing in that area or....?
Bingo! Betty, this is the most rational theory. It makes the most sense, and is probably true. When Reader said it was bigger than pot, I don't think he meant a jealous person or a little family feud. I think he meant a bigger drug organization. I think it makes sense the other murders were also due to the same organization. Most murders seem to be solved, not these. Not the woman and her daughter, not the Eapmons, and not the Rhodens.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So, we got the invoices from the county. In them, it showed something in one of the homes that Reader—while on the record—told us, “I don’t need the public knowing that s—t.” That something is still inside the trailer where Christopher and Gary Rhoden were murdered.

source: Fox19 article

Did anyone ever find out what the "something" was that is referenced in the article? I'm surprised that no one in the media/tabloids/blogs never did file an FOIA and try to get their own copy of the invoice to publish.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Believe that comment was in reference to one of the homes having bedbugs and LE paid to have the home treated. I do not know which home it was, don't believe that was released.
This was overkill IMO, maybe someone with a short fuse visited the home, got bedbugs, took them home to their home...their parents home, sisters home, friends home...kids took them to school, teacher wrote letter to go home with all kids, they got he'll from every direction over it...and in their rage set a plan on action to kill all 4 households over it because they didn't know which home they got the bugs from. Hey, it could happen.

So, we got the invoices from the county. In them, it showed something in one of the homes that Reader—while on the record—told us, “I don’t need the public knowing that s—t.” That something is still inside the trailer where Christopher and Gary Rhoden were murdered.

Did anyone ever find out what the "something" was that is referenced in the article? I'm surprised that no one in the media/tabloids/blogs never did file an FOIA and try to get their own copy of the invoice to publish.

This is interesting. Does anyone know how to get these from the county?

Even if the bullied one is an adult, what are the odds they could talk 2 other people into planning and executing a mass murder of a family, then keep quiet about it? Keep in mind, they would have had to recruit a helper who had some experience in this sort of thing, possibly some military training. The bullied person would have to pay a lot of money or offer some other type of bribe to secure that kind of assistance for such an outrageous, risky murder.

Not trying to put down others theories. Maybe its better if I don't visit this thread anymore and read theories until some kind of news breaks or new information is revealed.

As I said, it's likely going to take some pressure from outside of Ohio to make this case move forward and that doesn't seem likely at this point.
Ma'am please don't stop reading or posting. This is what the form is for I appreciate all the different theories on here. We might not agree on everything but we can agree to disagree. And I do see what you a talking about in my theory ...thanks for your posts.
Good Morning .Have a Great Day.

In this scenario, I'm leaning toward a couple of adults, who've felt "used" over the years and may have seen themselves as getting pushed to the back burner AGAIN. They felt shunned, expendable, treated like less than the "Rhodens" even after all the years they'd been a loyal friend/family member willing to be right there whenever needed, but taken advantage of one time too many times. So, over the course of a few weeks, they set their plan in motion. I still believe that BJM knows more than she's telling. There's just something not right about that 911 call. Then again, I could be overthinking it again.

The 911 call, in my opinion, is like most other 911 calls that involved a crime... we haven't been given the full recording. I think they usually only release portions of the call to the public.

I'm going to go out on a thin limb here and try to tread as lightly as I can. I have another theory, but one that's been at the bottom of my list and I have only given more thought to it because of the mentioning in here about the possibility of bullying. What if CRsr had a relative who is male and is married to another male? I'm contemplating the possibility that if a couple like this existed, could have been bullied by the R family?

All speculation only on my part... remember, speculation is "the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence." ;-p

This to me is why the homes were moved to a secure location. Nothing to do with bed bugs. Idk what but it is something that le doesn't want out. Probably has to do with it being bigger then the grow op. I do think it's possibly that BJM knows more but has been asked not to repeat, or she didn't notice due to what she walked into. As far as the reports of bed bugs look at the redacted autopsy reports under genitalia and jmo that is what is redacted. Bed bugs have been found in lots of hotels as well, so i don't think that is a motive to murder 8 people.

This to me is why the homes were moved to a secure location. Nothing to do with bed bugs. Idk what but it is something that le doesn't want out. Probably has to do with it being bigger then the grow op. I do think it's possibly that BJM knows more but has been asked not to repeat, or she didn't notice due to what she walked into. As far as the reports of bed bugs look at the redacted autopsy reports under genitalia and jmo that is what is redacted. Bed bugs have been found in lots of hotels as well, so i don't think that is a motive to murder 8 people.

speaking of the autopsy reports...

i got engrossed in them the other night and noticed that there wasn't anything redacted from genitalia paragraph on DR, yet there seemed to be one line that had been redacted on HR. most of it seemed to have been related to the recent pregnancy, but that one line in the middle of it all had me curious.

I'm going to go out on a thin limb here and try to tread as lightly as I can. I have another theory, but one that's been at the bottom of my list and I have only given more thought to it because of the mentioning in here about the possibility of bullying. What if CRsr had a relative who is male and is married to another male? I'm contemplating the possibility that if a couple like this existed, could have been bullied by the R family?

All speculation only on my part... remember, speculation is "the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence." ;-p

It would be extremely rare for someone to murder 8 members of his immediate family (including a niece who had just given birth) in a cold, professional, methodical manner, in multiple homes, while in their beds sleeping.

It would be equally rare for someone to recruit others to assist in such a murder when doing so brings only risk and no reward. What would be the benefit to them of such a heinous, risky act? And how would these local killers be able to commit such an atrocity, then go back to their daily routine in the community, without exhibiting any signs of mental illness, stress, paranoia, etc?

I think some here have gotten sidetracked by one of Reader's statements where he claimed the killers are in the community. I'm not sure if people are reading more into it or if the remark is a little bit of misinformation he's putting out there to flush out those who know something or are co-conspirators in the murders.

Piketon, Preble, etc, are fairly low-population areas. Everyone pretty much knows everyone else, casually or otherwise. Anyone willing to commit such a large, risky, heinous crime is usually going to exhibit abnormal behavior before and after the crime. In such a small community, that behavior (missing work, increased substance abuse, problems with others, changes in routine, erratic behavior, extreme emotions, suicidal tendencies etc.) would become obvious to many.

Perhaps it would help to go back and review Reader's statement to see if that's really what he was saying or consider some other motive in putting that information out to the public. Examine the statements of other LE about this case. Look at the facts and the odds of a historically prolific, professional and deranged spree killer in the midst of a small town who has exhibited no symptoms or otherwise brought attention to LE. Even the notorious Ted Bundy didn't have that level of control.

IMO, Reader is using the bullying, aggressive message to flush out someone local who might know something about the killings or who CR & KR were in contact with who might have ordered such a killing. IMO, it's not effective and better trained LE have been successful using different tactics in the past. Maybe it would be a good idea to analyze LE public statements about this case to see the pattern and figure out what they're trying to accomplish in their efforts to resolve this case.

I have always thought it odd that the $25,000 reward put up by the restauranteur pulled the reward over the grow op, regardless of that the murder of 8 was the reason. As it was stated, it was bigger then that. I feel le thought his life would have been in danger. Jmo was it not said that either Reader/Dewine had also been threatened? Jmo

I ran into that the other day...Same thought briefly crossed my mind.

I have always thought it odd that the $25,000 reward put up by the restauranteur pulled the reward over the grow op, regardless of that the murder of 8 was the reason. As it was stated, it was bigger then that. I feel le thought his life would have been in danger. Jmo was it not said that either Reader/Dewine had also been threatened? Jmo

Agree, something strange about that. It's also strange that LE forgot to mention the $10,000 reward that was available from government funds (Crimestoppers, IIRC) until the public brought it up. Even now, they don't mention that reward, whereas with most crimes LE will mention it periodically to encourage tips from the public.

Does LE think the reward is irrelevant or that the persons potentially providing tips don't deserve a reward? What if some innocent citizen driving down the road that night happened to see a suspicious vehicle or activity but is afraid to come forward? Would they not deserve the reward?

I was just watching the press conference for the two girls killed in Delphi, Indiana. It's such a stark contrast to the PC's and public messaging for this crime.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/21/officials-to-provide-update-in-murder-investigation-of-delphi-teens/

They reveal some evidence (voice recordings) to aid in getting tips from the public. They announce a couple dozen FBI agents are working on the case, in fact an FBI agent participates in the conference. They offer a $41,000 reward (part coming from the FBI) for information leading to the killers. They give some profile information about possible behaviors the perp might engage in after the crime to help potential witnesses. They offer absolute privacy to anyone sending in a tip - I don't recall this ever being offered in the Rhoden case.

http://www.wndu.com/

They offer sympathy and compassion to the girls, family and the public.

It's a stark contrast to the way Reader and DeWine have expressed themselves publicly in the Rhoden case, a case where children lost their young parents and some victims weren't yet out of their teens.

No cursing or threats or badgering.

Agree, something strange about that. It's also strange that LE forgot to mention the $10,000 reward that was available from government funds (Crimestoppers, IIRC) until the public brought it up. Even now, they don't mention that reward, whereas with most crimes LE will mention it periodically to encourage tips from the public.

Does LE think the reward is irrelevant or that the persons potentially providing tips don't deserve a reward? What if some innocent citizen driving down the road that night happened to see a suspicious vehicle or activity but is afraid to come forward? Would they not deserve the reward?

I was just watching the press conference for the two girls killed in Delphi, Indiana. It's such a stark contrast to the PC's and public messaging for this crime.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/21/officials-to-provide-update-in-murder-investigation-of-delphi-teens/

They reveal some evidence (voice recordings) to aid in getting tips from the public. They announce a couple dozen FBI agents are working on the case, in fact an FBI agent participates in the conference. They offer a $41,000 reward (part coming from the FBI) for information leading to the killers. They give some profile information about possible behaviors the perp might engage in after the crime to help potential witnesses. They offer absolute privacy to anyone sending in a tip - I don't recall this ever being offered in the Rhoden case.

http://www.wndu.com/

They offer sympathy and compassion to the girls, family and the public.

It's a stark contrast to the way Reader and DeWine have expressed themselves publicly in the Rhoden case, a case where children lost their young parents and some victims weren't yet out of their teens.

No cursing or threats or badgering.

I doubt there has ever been a case where so much info was withheld so the public CAN'T help find the perps....

Someone may have warned him to not get involved..

Thanks for that update. It appears AG Mike DeWine's son, who is a justice on the Ohio Supreme Court, hasn't recused himself. He will hear the case along with others. Does that seem like a conflict?

ETA: I've added links to news stories about this to the Media & Timeline thread. Most have the same news story but the Minneapolis Star Tribune has a little more:

http://www.startribune.com/ohio-court-will-hear-debate-on-autopsies-of-8-family-members/414482553/

I doubt there has ever been a case where so much info was withheld so the public CAN'T help find the perps....

Could it be that it would actually be more dangerous if the public were able to help find the perps?

Could it be that it would actually be more dangerous if the public were able to help find the perps?

Not if tips and the people who give them are handled in a confidential manner.

ETA: It might only be a problem if there's a concern that someone with access to information about tipsters might share it with the perps. JMO

Someone may have warned him to not get involved..

Yes it was 1 the pot, 2 cartel, 3 his lawyer, 4 recent complex investigation. The pot op was known about before he placed the reward, that is what i didn't understand. Just weird to me to have 4 different reasons. Jmo

Yes it was 1 the pot, 2 cartel, 3 his lawyer, 4 recent complex investigation. The pot op was known about before he placed the reward, that is what i didn't understand. Just weird to me to have 4 different reasons. Jmo

Agree, strange to have so many different reasons for rescinding the warrant. If the killing had been done by a disgruntled family member, jilted lover, jealous acquaintance, serial killer, etc. the reward would have been welcomed by LE and the community. JMO :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike