GUILTY OH - Sheriff Charles Reader, charged with theft in office, Pike Co, 29 Jun 2019

Why yes, yes he is. Thanks for asking. If you had read the article, it says that.
Ok thanks, I hadn’t kept up with the details of his case, and I didn’t read the article. I did read some articles after I posted this. I just look on these boards to try to keep up with the threads. I do feel badly for him, because I think he was invested in trying to solve the Rhoden case. But, he did make some bad decisions in the meantime. I think he will recover from this.

Ok thanks, I hadn’t kept up with the details of his case, and I didn’t read the article. I did read some articles after I posted this. I just look on these boards to try to keep up with the threads. I do feel badly for him, because I think he was invested in trying to solve the Rhoden case. But, he did make some bad decisions in the meantime. I think he will recover from this.

He will be alright. I apologize if my reply to you sounded snarky (not my intent). Charlie has very supportive family and friends. Thanks for your reply. :):):)

KARMA'S A REAL B-ITCH

Allegations of pepper spraying a person in custody who is restrained in one of those chairs, after they were allegedly causing isssues in the transport van. Spitting others?

Video allegedly shows one of the former deputies punch the restrained man 11 times - deputy ends up breaKing his own hand in the process. It is one thing to try and subdue someone who may be trying to attack or escape or something else, but to attack someone who is entirely restrained already with such force.

This really makes me think of the testimony just a day ago of the STAR team member on the stand testifying how dangerous their job is & how hard they work to protect those in custody in a totally different light. Had there not been video of all this alleged conduct in the article IMO it may not have ever even made it to prosecution. Wow. So sad.

Allegations of pepper spraying a person in custody who is restrained in one of those chairs, after they were allegedly causing isssues in the transport van. Spitting others?

Video allegedly shows one of the former deputies punch the restrained man 11 times - deputy ends up breaKing his own hand in the process. It is one thing to try and subdue someone who may be trying to attack or escape or something else, but to attack someone who is entirely restrained already with such force.

This really makes me think of the testimony just a day ago of the STAR team member on the stand testifying how dangerous their job is & how hard they work to protect those in custody in a totally different light. Had there not been video of all this alleged conduct in the article IMO it may not have ever even made it to prosecution. Wow. So sad.

The sad part is Billy Jr. just lost his Mother about a week and a half ago. I feel bad for his Dad. I just seen him at the cemetery at her grave site. Good people!! :(:(

Charlie is holding up "okay" He stays busy by doing his $19.00 a month job as a recreational aide. He has about 16 months to go on his sentence, and hopefully it goes by quickly for him. The holidays are the hardest for him and he has missed out on so much. Please keep him in your thoughts. :(

# I WILL ALWAYS STAND BESIDE CHARLIE.

Charlie is holding up "okay" He stays busy by doing his $19.00 a month job as a recreational aide. He has about 16 months to go on his sentence, and hopefully it goes by quickly for him. The holidays are the hardest for him and he has missed out on so much. Please keep him in your thoughts. :(

I sent him an inmate care package when he went in. He did a good job as sheriff and on the Rhoden case, then had some problems, is dealing with it, and life goes on. We all go through sheet and learn and go on.
He will get out and make a great new life. We are all human, make mistakes but it doesn't define us. We learn and put it in the past.

So what?

Who is perfect?

No one. Especially me. I was locked up 5 days against my will in a Looney bin because I threatened suicide in front of a Doctor when I was drunk, going through a bad time, when I was younger. Big mistake. Put it behind me, quit drinking, life goes on.

So I have alot of compassion for people who get overwhelmed with emotions and get an addiction, like Charlie with gambling. I have compassion for him and I believe the crime scenes traumatized him. He was almost crying in those interviews. He was hurt over what he saw and was dealing with an addiction. Gambling is an addiction when you are stressed out. Like drugs or drinking or over spending on shopping sprees etc....

He is only human.

"Yea who is without sin, cast the first stone." Quote from Jesus.

Last edited:

Good to hear that he doesn't have much time left to serve. Any chance they'll let him out sooner? It's a shame someone who wasn't a violent offender got such a long sentence. JMO

I'm sure with supportive friends Charlie could have a good life ahead of him. He's a good, caring man from what I've heard and was a very good Sheriff towards his Community. Life isn't always the way we expect, stuff happens but it is possible to make a new start.
@Cool Cats, my heart goes out to you for whatever it was that tripped you up way back in your younger life. You are one brave person to bring this out to us. My estranged daughter-in-law had serious issues in her early/mid teens. A long time ago, but with help over came her problems and is a wonderful mother to two teenage girls. All 3 living a happy life.

I STAND WITH CHARLIE

I'm sure with supportive friends Charlie could have a good life ahead of him. He's a good, caring man from what I've heard and was a very good Sheriff towards his Community. Life isn't always the way we expect, stuff happens but it is possible to make a new start.
@Cool Cats, my heart goes out to you for whatever it was that tripped you up way back in your younger life. You are one brave person to bring this out to us. My estranged daughter-in-law had serious issues in her early/mid teens. A long time ago, but with help over came her problems and is a wonderful mother to two teenage girls. All 3 living a happy life.

I STAND WITH CHARLIE

Thanks, my UK friend. I wanted to delete that post but it was too late. I might ask a mod to delete it.

That people "liked" that post then this nice message from you, makes me feel not so self-conscience for saying something so personal. I appreciate the kind supportive words. I Like and enjoy reading all your posts!

Last edited:
Thanks, my UK friend. I wanted to delete that post but it was too late. I might ask a mod to delete it.

That people "liked" that post then this nice message from you, makes me feel not so self-conscience for saying something so personal. I appreciate the kind supportive words. I Like and enjoy reading all your posts!

Love you CC. Let your post stay, I am proud of you for owning it!!!

A whole lot of people have gotten a whole lot less time for a whole lot more crime. Public officials should be held to higher standards but it should be even handed. The Reader sentence was a bit harsh. JMO

Yes they have my friend, and some no time at all.o_O I'm not saying what Charlie did wasn't wrong... it most certainly was, but the Judge he had was brutal in her sentencing JMO.

She basically said she was using him as an example to others. God knows Charlie's heart, and that's what counts most. The public got "just a glimpse" of what he had to see when the victims photos were full screen in court today. :(

Yes they have my friend, and some no time at all.o_O I'm not saying what Charlie did wasn't wrong... it most certainly was, but the Judge he had was brutal in her sentencing JMO.

She basically said she was using him as an example to others. God knows Charlie's heart, and that's what counts most. The public got "just a glimpse" of what he had to see when the victims photos were full screen in court today. :(
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back