OH OH - South Euclid, WhtMale 20-30, 484UMOH, 'Don Bosco Tech' TShirt, May'81

In my experience, cocaine users are not known for their tendency to be truthful. If I had to pick which part of that story was a lie, I'd say the robbery, but that's just speculation on my part.

In my experience, cocaine users are not known for their tendency to be truthful. If I had to pick which part of that story was a lie, I'd say the robbery, but that's just speculation on my part.

he might well have wanted to go to LA, but my sense is both the robbery and the waiting for friends to give him $$$ were both lies. not much different than a panhandler who wants money to buy "coffee".

the other parts of the story might be true, i.e. his first name and where he had been. his accent would have given him away that he was not from Ohio.

I can tell you a funny story that happened a few years ago. I was sitting in a bar in Michigan not drinking and the guy next to me thought I was a narc because I was not drinking. I told him I was not and even if I was, I was from NJ and would have no reason to be a narc in MI. to prove to him I was from NJ I used words like walk, talk, coffee, and dog, the latter two pronounced kawfee and dawg, he said "OMG, you people really do talk like that" referring to shows like the Sopranos.

he might well have wanted to go to LA, but my sense is both the robbery and the waiting for friends to give him $$$ were both lies. not much different than a panhandler who wants money to buy "coffee".

I agree. Who would tell someone they snorted all the money they had and can't afford to buy a bus ticket? Drug users tend to become good at telling lies and stories to gain sympathy. Cocaine users can be some of the worst liers too. Its a very addictive drug and boosts self esteem so people will say the most ridiculous lies quite convincingly.

"yeah my grandmother died and left me like $100k but I just have to go out to LA to sign the papers before I can get some of the money."

I just went throught the other Joes one more time.

Here's another Joe from the yearbook that somewhat resembles our John Doe. His name is out of focus though.

<modsnip>

This is the only guy I've seen listed who has any slight resemblance to the post mortem pics. The nose and mouth seems pretty similar although the shape of the face, not so much.

Still I wouldn't write him off. My guess is the name is Joseph Baumler. There are plenty in the US but I have no idea how to figure out if this one is alive or not.

As someone said though, it may not even be his real name.

This is the only guy I've seen listed who has any slight resemblance to the post mortem pics. The nose and mouth seems pretty similar although the shape of the face, not so much.

Still I wouldn't write him off. My guess is the name is Joseph Baumler. There are plenty in the US but I have no idea how to figure out if this one is alive or not.

As someone said though, it may not even be his real name.

I was looking again at him last night, and thought maybe, but John Doe has very tight curly hair. This guy has very straight thin hair.

I was looking again at him last night, and thought maybe, but John Doe has very tight curly hair. This guy has very straight thin hair.

I'm not sure he actually has curly hair or it appears that way because of how the photo was taken. The photo is kind of bad and makes him look grungy like he's full of mud and leaves or something. There is stuff even on the gurney behind his head.

The other thing is that curly hair is a great identifier especially on a male and no one mentioned it in the description and the rendering also appears to depict straight hair. How could the coroner and the artist get this key fact wrong?

I had looked at him yesterday. A lot would seem to fit about him. Oddly enough, I did once know of a family with that last name who lived on the east side. But I didn't think he looked like our sketch. Not saying I couldn't be wrong, though.

Here's my facial reconstruction for this John Doe.

95eaf09b-a3b8-4b9b-bf18-4c006bb6b3a7.jpg

Argh, you're right. I see that he did have some Bonne Bell lotion with him....Bonne Bell is headquartered here, so he probably bought that here. Don't know what that tells us, just something I noticed.

I think it's Mario Batali, based on Carl's reconstruction. lol

Argh, you're right. I see that he did have some Bonne Bell lotion with him....Bonne Bell is headquartered here, so he probably bought that here. Don't know what that tells us, just something I noticed.

I honestly think the guy is a local and the whole California thing is a load of crap.

:bump: for revision.

Here's my facial reconstruction for this John Doe.

95eaf09b-a3b8-4b9b-bf18-4c006bb6b3a7.jpg

The Namus casefile now has two postmortem images (much clearer than the one I was working from before), in addition to several other images of his clothing.

WARNING - Postmortem photos at link - GRAPHIC
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7980

Thanks, Roselvr for pointing that out.

The ram logo on the tee shirt indicates that it is from Don Bosco Technology Academy in Paterson New Jersey.

Don Bosco Technical High School in Boston had a bear as its mascot. The mascot at Don Bosco Technical Institute in Rosemead, California is a Tiger.

Classmates.com has the 76 through 79 yearbooks for Don Bosco Tech Academy in Paterson NJ.

I just got done going through all four books. I saw a few people who looked similar. But they are still alive as far as I can tell.

There even was a guy named Joe who looked similar and had similar teeth. But he still lives at the same address that is listed in the yearbook.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back