OH OH - South Euclid, WhtMale 20-30, 484UMOH, 'Don Bosco Tech' TShirt, May'81

I think the shirt was originally white and was stained by dirt during the fall.

Carl, they estimated the UID to be between 25 and 30 and he died in 1981. While I realize that is just an estimate, wouldn't that make his years of graduation anywhere from 1969 to 1974?

Does Classmates have those years online?

he might well have wanted to go to LA, but my sense is both the robbery and the waiting for friends to give him $$$ were both lies. not much different than a panhandler who wants money to buy "coffee".

the other parts of the story might be true, i.e. his first name and where he had been. his accent would have given him away that he was not from Ohio.

I can tell you a funny story that happened a few years ago. I was sitting in a bar in Michigan not drinking and the guy next to me thought I was a narc because I was not drinking. I told him I was not and even if I was, I was from NJ and would have no reason to be a narc in MI. to prove to him I was from NJ I used words like walk, talk, coffee, and dog, the latter two pronounced kawfee and dawg, he said "OMG, you people really do talk like that" referring to shows like the Sopranos.

What part of NJ are you from? We don't all talk like that. I'm originally from Union County; next to Elizabeth & Union. My parents came here in the late 50's; settled around Kearney. We had neighbors that were (very) Italian that came out of Jersey City which is where I've heard the "Soprano's Jersey accent"

The ram logo on the tee shirt indicates that it is from Don Bosco Technology Academy in Paterson New Jersey.

Don Bosco Technical High School in Boston had a bear as its mascot. The mascot at Don Bosco Technical Institute in Rosemead, California is a Tiger.

Sorry I never got back online yesterday. Had to run errands then had to do stuff for hub after getting home. Could only do so much on the cell.
Just looked at the shirt; color should be white. I think the neck would hang lower which would show a few inches of chest hair. I also think the neck would be looser fitting. Gonna see if I have any similar to it. I have a few from back then in case I need to get them out. I used to make clothes so9 can usually tell how something hangs on a person which is why I was saying his chest hair would show.

Carl, they estimated the UID to be between 25 and 30 and he died in 1981. While I realize that is just an estimate, wouldn't that make his years of graduation anywhere from 1969 to 1974?

Does Classmates have those years online?

No. There's nothing between 1964 and 1976

There may be some validity to his story of being from California--I was checking out the tags on his clothing and his plaid looking shirt has a tag from "Grodin's" which was based out of Los Angeles, California. It appears that the chain closed in 1987.
Article from the Daily News Record
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-4512005.html

There may be some validity to his story of being from California--I was checking out the tags on his clothing and his plaid looking shirt has a tag from "Grodin's" which was based out of Los Angeles, California. It appears that the chain closed in 1987.
Article from the Daily News Record
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-4512005.html

I was doing the same thing with googling the clothes lol

he might well have wanted to go to LA, but my sense is both the robbery and the waiting for friends to give him $$$ were both lies. not much different than a panhandler who wants money to buy "coffee".

the other parts of the story might be true, i.e. his first name and where he had been. his accent would have given him away that he was not from Ohio.

I can tell you a funny story that happened a few years ago. I was sitting in a bar in Michigan not drinking and the guy next to me thought I was a narc because I was not drinking. I told him I was not and even if I was, I was from NJ and would have no reason to be a narc in MI. to prove to him I was from NJ I used words like walk, talk, coffee, and dog, the latter two pronounced kawfee and dawg, he said "OMG, you people really do talk like that" referring to shows like the Sopranos.

Most panhandlers are already in the system as they have multiple run-ins with the law. Therefore I think he hadn't been transient for very long. Also, I would like to know if they found drugs in his system.

I'm originally from Bergen County. My accent is most pronounced when saying those sorts of words listed. Otherwise the accent is not so heavy.

Most panhandlers are already in the system as they have multiple run-ins with the law. Therefore I think he hadn't been transient for very long. Also, I would like to know if they found drugs in his system.

I was saying to Carl yesterday that I wonder if we could get his autopsy report to find out if he did have drugs in his system.

I'm originally from Bergen County. My accent is most pronounced when saying those sorts of words listed. Otherwise the accent is not so heavy.

Was looking at Wiki; it said that Bergen County is made up mostly of Italian Americans; so I wonder if the accent has to do with that. I've noticed it more in our Italian neighbors.

I never knew Don Bosco Tech ever existed. When I see or hear Don Bosco I think of the all boys Catholic prep school in Bergen County.

I then assumed that it would have been a school that would have drawn students from all over Passaic County. However, I'm not sure that's the case. This is a glowing (for obvious reasons) tribute to the school on its 40th anniversary by then Congressman Robert Roe:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?r101:E16NO9-134:

The curriculum looks little different than your average county vocational/technical high schools which are offered at no extra cost for students wishing to attend them. Passaic County's vo-tech school is also in Paterson.

I don't know who would pay extra money to send their sons to a school where they can learn automotive repair intermingled with communion and catechism. It is possible that the school was subsidized entirely by the diocese but who knows? It is possible then that this UID was a local to Paterson who went to Don Bosco Tech instead of the Paterson public high schools which were going downhill since at least the 1960's. (Think of "Lean on Me", the movie with Morgan Freeman as the principal of Eastside High School in Paterson).

ETA - The school has not existed since at least 2001 when the building was sold to another entity - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_High_School_(New_Jersey)

The leather jacket is a little harder to ID...the tag is from L'Avion with a small plane logo with a cloud of air coming off the back. I have not been able to find the company info for the manufacturer or what stores might have carried this coat. I found a similar one with the same logo on ebay for sale from the same era. The jeans are plain old Lee's, with nothing distinguishing from the tag visible. I wish they had the brand of boots on his entry so I could research them. Trying to get a region/area for his clothing to help determine where he might be from originally.

Don Bosco Tech in Paterson has a facebook alumni page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/64308736242/

I sent a PM to the admin of the page, and asked that he post the my facial recon (and narrative) on the page.

Since I am not on his friends list, the message goes into his "other" folder, so he may not see it. Often, those messages in the "other" folder go unseen for months.

The leather jacket is a little harder to ID...the tag is from L'Avion with a small plane logo with a cloud of air coming off the back. I have not been able to find the company info for the manufacturer or what stores might have carried this coat. I found a similar one with the same logo on ebay for sale from the same era. The jeans are plain old Lee's, with nothing distinguishing from the tag visible. I wish they had the brand of boots on his entry so I could research them. Trying to get a region/area for his clothing to help determine where he might be from originally.

Do you think its leather/vinyl or nylon? I haven't had much time to look but my 1st impression was nylon

I doubt it's leather. on the left collarbone area you can see a tear in the fabric. I suspect it's nylon. From a distance, at first I thought it might be a Member's Only jacket, but it's not.

I'll take your word for it on the nylon. My eyesight's not good enough for distinctions like that :p

Pretty sure my daughter who was in jr. high around then had a L'Avion jacket and she might have bought it at Burlington Coat Factory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xWitheringRosex
Back