OH - Three killed, 2 injured in neighborhood noise dispute, Cleveland, 3 July 2007

To me the moment Hough loaded his gun with what I believe we used to call"dum~dum bullets" and cocked it,proceeded to walk out the door and take aim that was premeditation. It can be split second! The neighbor living across from Hough said he had a display for his grandchildren that put Jacobs to shame and he teased Jake about his.Jakes was much smaller and subdued yet Hough said not one word to the other neighbor. Jakes' fireworks had stopped I think it was 15 minutes before the shooting.When Firemen state they were afraid of Hough as a loose cannon,there is a problem.They hoped they wouldn't be near him when he went off.He shot his victims about 12:05 am..I hope someone reminds him "he wont do that again",or anything else!!!!!

What did the families want, does anyone know?

This is one of those cases where I don't think the death penalty was necessary, but for the life of me I can't really explain why.

Taxi, check out the video's at the link I provided. The victims families wanted the death penalty.

Bruce was cremated and his ashes returned to Texas by his parents.If that had been my son, I'd have brought the ashes to the trial and at the end told Terrence to apologize to my son.I thought Don Walsh was going to go after him.Taxi did you notice the Police move in when Don passed by Terrence? Don has a brain.That guy had an arsenal in his house~11 guns that we were told about. There was more said and shown than was reported in the media. Nore

Thanks, bigbuck, I didn't go to your link because I thought I saw it all on tv! :doh:

Nore, I think I might have done the same thing if it were my son. I did see the police moving in when Don walked by. I felt really sorry for Don (and the others).

After coming online and reading today's additions to the crime forum and over the last several days, I'm beginning to think the world is going mad. There's some even more horrendous crimes than usual being reported.

Lets hope not but I tell ya it sure seems so many are walking around with major anger issues and the tiniest spark can set them off into being a powder keg that is going to blow and another person or persons will lose their life over some insignificant thing.

All crimes of this nature are scary but what scares me just as much is what seems to be an escalation in teen killers. It seems every time I turn around I am reading or hearing about another teenager murdering their entire family and they exhibit no remorse whatsoever it seems. Just today I read where a 14 year old female killed her mother by using a hammer. Or a teen or a group of teens just because they wanted to do it for kicks and the life of the person meant absolutely nothing to them.

It scares me to death. The teens killers of today seem to do these things so methodically, cunningly and premeditatedly and it is nothing for us to read or hear that after the murders they simply leave and go have fun as if nothing has happen. How can a human being be so devoid of any conscience or feelings?

So we see rage crimes all the time and many times it is just over the most stupid insignificant things but it is the chilling crimes done with planning and no remorse that are the most frightening to me.

Warren Buffet said that the recession is going to be long and deep. If that happens and imo it is coming, then we will see more of these hair trigger type killings when the stress starts to really hit home for some when they lose their jobs, lose their houses and cant find work or afford to put gas in their vehicle to even look for work. I think we are going to see more murder/suicides.

I am very afraid for our country. We are really in dire straights and it is only getting started.

imoo

To me the moment Hough loaded his gun with what I believe we used to call"dum~dum bullets" and cocked it,proceeded to walk out the door and take aim that was premeditation. It can be split second! The neighbor living across from Hough said he had a display for his grandchildren that put Jacobs to shame and he teased Jake about his.Jakes was much smaller and subdued yet Hough said not one word to the other neighbor. Jakes' fireworks had stopped I think it was 15 minutes before the shooting.When Firemen state they were afraid of Hough as a loose cannon,there is a problem.They hoped they wouldn't be near him when he went off.He shot his victims about 12:05 am..I hope someone reminds him "he wont do that again",or anything else!!!!!

You are exactly right Nore. When he loaded the weapon and walked out of that door and repeatedly fired..........it was first degree premeditated murder and nothing else. The jury made the right call. They probably spared him death because before then he was not a hardened criminal. Did he have a record at all before this? I didn't read anything about one.

He did not just shoot once and stand down. His intent was to bring the man down for good and that is exactly what he wanted to do. It can be shown even when a knife was used in a murder. The defendant may be able to sell a heat of passion crime if it was one single wound inflicted but when there are repeated stabs into the body it shows the person had the purposeful intent to do grave bodily harm knowing it could result in death of a human being.

When he went for his gun........came out and used it he had to have aforethought to do that. That is how quickly a murder can be premeditated. By doing that he had already formed the intent.

imoo

<respectfully snipped>

So we see rage crimes all the time and many times it is just over the most stupid insignificant things but it is the chilling crimes done with planning and no remorse that are the most frightening to me.

Warren Buffet said that the recession is going to be long and deep. If that happens and imo it is coming, then we will see more of these hair trigger type killings when the stress starts to really hit home for some when they lose their jobs, lose their houses and cant find work or afford to put gas in their vehicle to even look for work. I think we are going to see more murder/suicides.

I am very afraid for our country. We are really in dire straights and it is only getting started.

imoo
I completely agree ~ people will be killing strangers over items or money. I was just reading and hearing today about the family killed inside their home in So. California, and I wonder if monetary issues or not being able to afford the home they were living in caused one of them to "lose it". Too much stress can drive some people over the edge, for sure. I wasn't really following this case, but I've had some neighbors who went overboard with the fireworks and of course the first thing I think of is the scared animals when they're shot off in the street. But as aggravating as people's actions are, I wouldn't want to be in prison for the rest of my life either!

You are exactly right Nore. When he loaded the weapon and walked out of that door and repeatedly fired..........it was first degree premeditated murder and nothing else. The jury made the right call. They probably spared him death because before then he was not a hardened criminal. Did he have a record at all before this? I didn't read anything about one.

He did not just shoot once and stand down. His intent was to bring the man down for good and that is exactly what he wanted to do. It can be shown even when a knife was used in a murder. The defendant may be able to sell a heat of passion crime if it was one single wound inflicted but when there are repeated stabs into the body it shows the person had the purposeful intent to do grave bodily harm knowing it could result in death of a human being.

When he went for his gun........came out and used it he had to have aforethought to do that. That is how quickly a murder can be premeditated. By doing that he had already formed the intent.

imoo
-----------
Hi Ocean, he shot Jake first then Katie. Bruce tried to move away after the first shot~Hough stood right over him yelling YEAH and shot Bruce and Katie both a second time.The Coroner said he stood so close he had the blood of all three victims splattered on his clothes.I dont think he is going to last too long in prison..Nore
IMO.
----------------
Ocean, he didn't have a record before this but it was stated he is a "hot head", loose cannon waiting to go off. Lets see him pull his crap in prison! hes no doubt in the Pen in Youngstown.

I can't believe it's already been a year since this happened.

In one part of town off-duty police have been hired to hand out $500 tickets to people that are blowing off fireworks in hopes of keeping what happened last year from happening again.

My neighbor, a detective, was out blowing off fireworks tonight across from his house (a park). I actually thought it was the grunge neighbors on the other side of me until I went out there and saw his young kids on the lawn playing around while he was blowing these off about 30 feet away from them. :doh:

I didn't really mind, except it was 10:30 at night. DH and dd need sleep for work/school tomorrow but the fans droned the sound out. Still. He's a cop!!! lol This is sort of the attitude in the neighborhood where the murder happened.

Not making excuses for the killer though, just saying....

I can't believe it's already been a year since this happened.

In one part of town off-duty police have been hired to hand out $500 tickets to people that are blowing off fireworks in hopes of keeping what happened last year from happening again.

My neighbor, a detective, was out blowing off fireworks tonight across from his house (a park). I actually thought it was the grunge neighbors on the other side of me until I went out there and saw his young kids on the lawn playing around while he was blowing these off about 30 feet away from them. :doh:

I didn't really mind, except it was 10:30 at night. DH and dd need sleep for work/school tomorrow but the fans droned the sound out. Still. He's a cop!!! lol This is sort of the attitude in the neighborhood where the murder happened.

Not making excuses for the killer though, just saying....

Self-centered person. who is probably doing a great job raising his kids to be Self-centered too. :rolleyes:

work/school tomorrow tomorrow? i thought it was a holiday?

Self-centered person. who is probably doing a great job raising his kids to be Self-centered too. :rolleyes:

work/school tomorrow tomorrow? i thought it was a holiday?

Floh, you said it, self centered person raising his kids to be that way, too. We came home from ballet recital a few weeks ago, and collapsed finally into bed around one a.m.--only to say, "What the h* is that?" Our neighbor the College Frat Boy was home, and having a pool party suddenly at one a.m. We could have handled a just talking in the hot tub party, but no, it was a full fledged jumping and splashing and hollering party that went on til well after two.

Mr. Texana kept saying, "Where are his parents? Where?"

It's completely wrong to violently react, but I can understand the emotions, frustrations, and exhausted and fatigued thinking that lead to violent reactions. We know that fatigue is a huge stressor, and yet, the police react as if loss of sleep is a no big deal thing.

The night of violence culminated years of conflict between the Houghs and neighbors on both sides.
Hough and his wife, Regina, had been feuding with neighbors since 2003, according to witness statements and a string of police reports that started about a year after the Houghs moved onto the street.
Feichtner's younger brother John, 21, told police that in 2004, as he and friends celebrated after a St. Ed's vs. St. Ignatius football game, Hough called the police on the noisy crowd in the Feichtner front yard.
Police told the group to quiet down and go inside the house. But when some guests stepped outside to smoke cigarettes, Feichtner said Hough stormed out, pushed one of the party-goers to the ground and charged into the Feichtner house, demanding that they keep the party in check.
Feichtner told police that tension between the neighbors also escalated during the summer of 2005, when he and his friends played basketball on the Feichtner driveway nearly every day. Hough never allowed them to retrieve their ball when it bounced into his yard.

Unfortunately when someone ison the edge-------------------------------------noise will make it 100 times worse. I know I was going thru a severe depression along time ago and when my neighbors son turned the music up and all i could hear was the drums I thought I would lose my mind. I asked repeatedly to please turn it down, the son would for 5 minutes, finally he said what are you going to do about it--I said call the cops as I walked back to my house he turned it down.

We were stationed on a base where they do stop excessive noise--but my nerve were on edge and I couldnt sleep with the noise. The less sleep I got the worse I felt and their son would play basket ball right near our windows/we lived in a duplex. Kids can be kids---but its hard to see that when your ill.

I feel sorry for lal of those involved and pray for the families that have lost a loved one. Hough needed help why didnt his fellow co-workers , wife do something.

FLOH!!! I woke my dd up for school this morning and she was so mad. I totally forgot they didn't have school/work today which is why I was a little upset that the neighbor guy was blowing these off last night. :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back