GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been quite a bit of speculation here about underground bunkers. While there is a history involving them, I find it hard to believe that there would be that many lying about. MH lived alone in a five-bedroom house. It would be far easier for him to build a hidden room or closet in there than to dig and furnish a bunker in the bush. I hope that LE searched that house very thoroughly for such a possibility.

Also, LE has been searching woods, ponds, fields. What about vacant houses, businesses, storage lockers? Are there many of those in the area? Is there a local dump?

I'm thinking that with Sarah being left alone in MH's house, he might have been reluctant to leave her alone for long periods of time. Disposing of three people, dead or alive, is not a quick, easy job.

JMO

I hope so too! do we know if they still got MH house has crime scene?

Can anyone tell me when the house was built? what does a single man want with 5 bedrooms?

I think they have to be really close to MH home.

I do wonder if he thought he would been caught so soon????

I want to echo Ronso from the old thread - Mt. Vernon isn't a high crime area. I live in the Columbus metro area, and we rarely hear about crime there on the news. The City of Columbus itself had a higher rate of crime this past summer, particularly murders, but Mt. Vernon is far enough away that it really wouldn't be touched by that.

And your sentiment about Mt Vernon mirrors what that Colorado prosecuting attorney said about Steamboat Springs, Colorado in the interview posted earlier in this forum. Small, rural type of community that doesn't see this type of crime.

Also, LE has been searching woods, ponds, fields. What about vacant houses, businesses, storage lockers? Are there many of those in the area? Is there a local dump?

Here's another thought. Are there any abandonded water wells or oil wells in the area? What about caves? Are there any caves in that area? Any abandonded barns or farm houses in the area?

The reason I moved far from my family was due to a man ... maybe MH moved to CO for a woman ...

sorry if this has already been mentioned already folks. great job to all by the way.
just thinking outside the awful box here but what if there were 2 targets that day. both kids. i believe the friend was an unplanned part of this whole thing, so what if the kids were the target. what if they were not even for MH? what if he took them for another person or persons for payment. what if the boy had already been "delivered" and he was waiting to deliver the girl?that would only have left 2 bodies to dispose of.
y
I would also be interested to know how the neighbors percieved the mini-pin dog. i say that because i have been around a few and they are yappy little guys with bigtime nepolean complexes. they think they are the toughest dog on the block. lots of barking. i wonder if the neighbors were close enough to hear the dog often. outside yes, but particularly when inside his home. my neighbor has 2 little dogs and i can hear them going whether they are out or inside the door barking at me. if the dog was easily noticed, i wonder when the last time anyone heard it was. often a dog barking is the only thing people notice about crimes commited in in their proximity when they find out after the fact. kinda like the OJ case.
See the photo posted...

I don't think the dear sweet Tanner barking would be heard by the neighbors, especially if he was indoors. :(

I hope so too! do we know if they still got MH house has crime scene?

Can anyone tell me when the house was built? what does a single man want with 5 bedrooms?

I think they have to be really close to MH home.

I do wonder if he thought he would been caught so soon????

I wondered to about the size of the house for a single man. But - could be that it was a foreclosure and was bought cheaply?

The reason I moved far from my family was due to a man ... maybe MH moved to CO for a woman ...

Or maybe his bio-father? We haven't heard anything about him.

I think that MH was planning this for quite a while and staking out the victims.

Lord help everybody if he wasn't working alone.

I would like to know if MH's house was "lined with leaves" when the ex-girlfriend and her son lived there a month ago?

Just thinking out loud........

Could the 3 be very close to TH's home? As in maybe right under everybody's nose?

Also - was Hoffman in the house at the time on Wednesday evening when the sheriff's patrol paid 2 visits to the home?

For some reason I keep thinking yes, either mh and/or one or more of the missing persons was in the home when LE checked on Tina's house Wednesday evening, that is what makes this crime so awful! Keep thinking that mh did the damage/power trip/overpowering his victims that day, and had to take care of everything he had done that night (Wed), then very early Thurs he drove Tina's truck to the Environmental Center, had time to check on Sarah at his house, and still found time to get back to the Environmental Center to watch LE "find" the vehicle. I wouldn't say mh is stupid, and I wouldn't say he is smart, maybe he has average intelligence and learned a lot when he was in prison, not to mention the added rage from being a convict, having his mom and step-dad help him, finally being off parole, and having the freedom to do what he did best, which seems to be planning activities that hurt other people. Not making excuses, but mh does seem to be "lashing out" at anyone who has hurt him in the past, society, etc.

I'd look at other foreclosures in area. He might be aware that a house was empty. Some people just up and walk away from their homes ...

See the photo posted...

I don't think the dear sweet Tanner barking would be heard by the neighbors, especially if he was indoors. :(

I read a post on the Maynard FB page about Tanner. Said he got out frequently and that sometimes a farmer from nearby would return him home.

FWIW

I think that MH was planning this for quite a while and staking out the victims.

Lord help everybody if he wasn't working alone.

I'd been thinking of accomplice but read (and posted) yesterday about LE not thinking anyone else was involved.

ETA

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov/15/24/knox-co-girl-found-alive-bound-no-word-3-others-ar-291229/

Authorities arrested him Sunday at his two-story tan-sided house about 40 miles north of Columbus. Barber would not reveal what led investigators to the home and said there is no indication others were involved. It was unclear whether Hoffman knew the two women.

I would like to know if MH's house was "lined with leaves" when the ex-girlfriend and her son lived there a month ago?
I've posted before that I read that it might be because of winter coming and his electricity being turned off (insulation from the cold).

Are you asking because 1) he might have been planning another arson, or 2) didn't she find that unusual, or 3) whatever that is ?

I'd look at other foreclosures in area. He might be aware that a house was empty. Some people just up and walk away from their homes ...

Exactly. Homes that sit empty.

Since he is into nature, into leaves and into tree's..... Its not duck season anymore, are there any blinds out there, could be a great hiding spot, especially for a giant man squirrel to bury his nuts....

Here is a bit of information, from one of the earlier articles, quoted directly from the Sheriff:

Barber said the manager had permission to enter the house. Upon entering the residence, the manager discovered blood in a couple areas and called the sheriff’s office.

“We have been out here ever since. There is blood in the house and some signs of an injury,” Barber said.

Although Barber would not elaborate on exactly what he meant by there being signs of an injury other than the blood, he did say there were no signs of a struggle. He said while the amount of blood was significant it was not spattered.

He said it was impossible to tell if the blood found in the house was from more than one person.

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/13/investigators-testing-blood-found-in-home

I've posted before that I read that it might be because of winter coming and his electricity being turned off (insulation from the cold).

Are you asking because 1) he might have been planning another arson, or 2) didn't she find that unusual, or 3) whatever that is ?

Can someone link me the 5 bedroom house link.

I would think 5 room house would be more fitting.

How would an he afford that morgage? Our house is four bedroom and 2 of us working full time pays the bills. We are not driving pretty cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500