GUILTY OK - Anne Josette Hill, 16, Edmond, 10 April 2014

Just read her entire thread, and have a question ... Are they actually searching for her? I saw no reports of extensive ground searches? What about dogs? If foul play is suspected, and homicide detectives are working her case now, shouldn't they be searching for remains?? Am I missing something?

Wish I could answer, Mak, but I just don't know. This case is about as hinky as it gets, IMO, and the silence is deafening.

I'm trying to be patient and keep trying to remind myself of so other many cases Ive seen where I thought no searches were going when LE had been looking and keeping it quiet because they have a good idea as to what happen.

I keep thinking that this was turned over to homicide detectives right around the time they did the search warrant so I'm just guessing maybe they found something.

Either way I haven't forgotten Annie Jo and keep hope that things will turn around some how.

Even though they don't know where to start looking, they need to look anyway. I just hope this is one of the quiet cases, that surprises us with all the hard work they did!

Doesn't matter where they start searching if they just start. They could go from the car out or start from where the guy claims he last saw her, but they need to be doing grid searches in and around Edmond and North OKC.

Logical places to search would be Lake Hefner, Lake Overholser, and Arcadia Lake.

Even though they don't know where to start looking, they need to look anyway. I just hope this is one of the quiet cases, that surprises us with all the hard work they did!

Agree - searches get media attention, which this case needs. Also puts pressure on LE. So IMO even if the search is in the wrong area, it's still helps.

I don't think she's missing. I just clicked on the link to her FB and she has been posting since the 16th.

Both her FB pages are active (by her) and the OP's FB link for her missing is gone. Safe to say she's safe. :)

They linked to it from their usually inactive FB page 20 hours ago--I wonder if they messed something up?

They linked to it from their usually inactive FB page 20 hours ago--I wonder if they messed something up?

It went down a week or so ago and when it came back, most of the identifying details of kids who may have been involved with or have knowledge of Annie Jo's disappearance had been edited out.

I'm guessing it was in response to someone's parent(s) pitching a fit, but couldn't say whose. Not much activity on the page after that.

I don't think she's missing. I just clicked on the link to her FB and she has been posting since the 16th.

Both her FB pages are active (by her) and the OP's FB link for her missing is gone. Safe to say she's safe. :)

I believe you are correct, but am doubtful that we'll get any official confirmation on that.

So sad to see nothing new in the news. Wish LE would have a press conference to get some attention that might cause anyone who saw something to come forward...
So easy when you're young to make a really bad mistake. I'm thinking back to those I've made, and wow! I'm now counting my blessing!

I would really like to see this case profiled on Disappeared....just an idea.

I would really like to see this case profiled on Disappeared....just an idea.

Considering how many have disappeared, I was thinking this would make for a good episode on Dark Minds.

It is difficult to figure out if the missing are part of the group or if they are victims at this point (they could be both). We know LE considers Annie Jo a homicide victim, but so far she is the only one classified as truly a victim.

The interconnections between the missing and the thugs are such it is impossible to break it apart from the outside. The families' hearts must be breaking knowing these kids are throwing away their lives so early and are in serious jeopardy while doing so. Young and stupid seems to be running rampant in NW OKC and Edmond among the haves and the have nots equally.

I was with some adults from Casady today who know Anne, and they said that she is known as a very good girl who was always respectful and a great student. But she had been hanging out with a very wild group, not from school, which is what we suspected all along.

It's just so sad, and I wish we could pound it into their heads to be careful about where they are and who they're around ALL THE TIME.

They do try to talk with the high-schoolers about how when they go to college, they'll see a lot of kids who look just like them and their classmates, so they may seem safe, but the kids come from all over so you can't just trust that they have the same backgrounds or values.

I just thought I'd share that conversation.

you have hinted about having trouble with your own kids deceiving you
and being worried about their behavior, and they are "insiders" at this private
school you talk about. Was Annie considered an outsider? Her earned Monte Carlo and their given BMWs and Volvos? Your son told you she had a 25 yr old bf. And seemed certain she had ran off with him.
The way you believe your son almost makes me want to believe him unconditionally too.
sorry for coming off snarky, and while Annie being missing is also an opportunity to
teach our children a lesson, what your son told you could also be vital evidence, and as well as posting it here, maybe he should give the police a statement .
For instance, IOW, posting that info here is not a guarantee that someone here will give that info to the police, you, a responsible mom , could contact the police yourself.
again, what if one or more of the students at Casady also knew these "other bad people"? I mean, your son probably heard it{the older bf} from other students, of course. But how did they know? JMO, and please don't take offense. The Lauren Spierer case is rife with POIs who went to high schools just like Casady (Cranbrook) so I've read this kind of rhetoric about what these upper class kids might or might not be capable of doing; or kids in general, don't have to be from wealthy families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c728
Back