GUILTY OK - Antwon Parker, 16, shot dead in OKC pharmacy robbery, 19 May 2009

ITA! And I don't think this was their first rodeo (or robbery)....I can not believe people are defending these thugs...
I agree. Before they advance to knocking off Pharmacies, the gangs usually have them doing petty thefts, running drugs, vandalism, and other things to "prove" themselves. They do not start at the top.

It's interesting to hear from people who know what the threat was, who it came from, when the threat ended, how it should be handled, what the criminals were thinking, what the victims were thinking, exactly how many shots should be fired, when the pharmacist should have checked on the other employees, *sigh* I could go on.

There must be a truck load of psychics and mind readers in the world.
And we will see them being trotted in to try and prosecute this case, too. ;)

from SS's link:

That first sentence REALLY explains alot doesn't it.

Maybe she should file a lawsuit against Emanuel Mitchell since he is the one that is responsible for this whole mess. :rolleyes:
Didn't he drive the getaway car that saved her son's @ss? She should be paying for his defense team instead. :bang: Oh, wait...the state will be responsible for that tab, too.

Didn't he drive the getaway car that saved her son's @ss? She should be paying for his defense team instead. :bang: Oh, wait...the state will be responsible for that tab, too.

Ok this has me so mad...seriously. You bet my tax money (and I do still pay taxes in Oklahoma because I own real estate) will be going to their defense funds. I'll probably get kicked off for this, but the Pharmacist should sue the thugs family for wasting his bullets and putting him through he*%. There I said it, it's what I put in my post earlier and deleted out. Poor guy, I can't imagine what he's going through, he did NOTING wrong, NOTHING. And yes it's caps and I'm yelling, lol.

SeriouslySearching,

I seem to have stirred things up a little. The point I feel most defensive about it the implication that I am "supporting" the Perp. At no point have I expressed any concern or sympathy for him (or his mother) except in so far as I believe he is the victim of a crime (while also being a perpetrater of a separate crime).

In Post #50, I argued that Ersland's behavior after he re-entered the store was not consistant with that of someone who was still dealing with a perp who continued to pose a threat to his person of property. His turning his back to the perp I find particularly telling. If you disagree and believe he was still activly dealing with a precieved threat to life and property in a Reasonable and Prudent manner, we disagree. Big deal, happens all the time on this board.

If you, or anyone else, agrees that Ersland did not see the perp as danger, but, for what ever reason, wanted to make sure he was dead and you applaud this action, then you are supporting murder.

My point is that I feel the only way society can deal with crime is through the rule of law and the application of the legal process. If the law doesn't protect a armed robber, it really doesn't protect anyone. Plenty of lowlifes are crime victims (usually by other lowlifes) and the legal process protects them, as it is intended to. Occasionally a lowlife is victimized by anotherwise "upstanding" citizen. The law should still apply. Otherwise it is a travesty.

(Please spare the umbrage, I really don't think I said anything "very derogatory and unnecessary" I try to keep my post well within the bounds of polite discourse. I used a term that I thought expressed what I ment to say. It was not ment as offend anyone. I will not use it again )

There are politicians who are angry, too. This will become a huge debate over the law. It may come too late for the Pharmacist, but they need to insure it will protect everyone else in the future.

Gangs are controlling the streets, the courts, and have tied the hands of LE here. It is a revolving door when they arrest them and no one will testify against them because of the real threat of becoming victims themselves. It happens every day. Why should our citizens live in fear? Why should we have to worry about going to jail for life if we protect ourselves from their horrific crimes?

from SS's link:

That first sentence REALLY explains alot doesn't it.

Maybe she should file a lawsuit against Emanuel Mitchell since he is the one that is responsible for this whole mess. :rolleyes:

Why is the kid or kids running with Emanuel Mitchell anyway? Is that who they have for a "role model"? It sounds like Ms Spigner lost her son a long time ago to the streets. :twocents:

I would agree with you, Kemo, if it was a trained police officer who returned to fire those rounds. This was a man who had never experienced the kind of terror he was faced with that day. He was in no way prepared to act on anything except instinct and adrenaline. He was facing certain death with a gun pointed at him in his mind. I do not doubt this for one minute. Being untrained, he was at a severe disadvantage to be able to disengage himself from the situation. Under those circumstances, I cannot conclude it is murder.

If they felt the need to bring charges against this man to challenge the law, Manslaughter would have sufficed. However, I don't think he should be charged at all.

Why is the kid or kids running with Emanuel Mitchell anyway? Is that who they have for a "role model"? It sounds like Ms Spigner lost her son a long time ago to the streets. :twocents:
You are exactly right. She stated her son had not done anything before and what she should have said is that her son had not been caught before this incident. Since she was aware of what he did and did not call LE, how many times did she suspect or know he could be involved in gang related activities and did nothing to stop him?

Antwun Parker's name was "Speedy". I am still searching for the other names.

(! R.I.P. Antwun Parker aka Speddy!) I miss u...datz fucced up y my nikka g0ne but i kn0w he n heaven

APFriendmyspace (She mispelled it.)

In the meantime, I ran across this myspace which isn't related that I can see...but check out the child wearing colors and flashing gang signs. He looks to be about 8 years old maybe. This is what we are up against here.

http://www.myspace.com/395080751

SS- thanks for the links. I can't for the life of me understand the lifestyle that the myspace represents. It makes me sick.

SS- thanks for the links. I can't for the life of me understand the lifestyle that the myspace represents. It makes me sick.
It is sickening to see a child being raised with the only goal of being a gangbanger and a young death to follow.

Resident redneck hick here, (and proud of it BTW). The way I am looking at this is the fact that in self defense, you take the action needed to preserve yours and others lives. And the pharmacist did that when he shot one of the perps. But he didn't stand there and empty his gun into the perp.

He then left the perp lying on the floor in order to chase the other perp. Evidently he didn't see the injured perp as a threat. Upon his return to the store he didn't arm himself and go to the door to prevent reentry by the 2nd perp. He didn't gather the women and move out of the perps range. He didn't exit the store.

In other words he had many other choices. Choices that actually would have served him better to protect himself and the women. Instead he got another gun and began shooting the perp who was already down.

No he wasn't a police officer. And yes, he may have been scared, esp when he looked at the robber and saw the gun. And yes, first with the robbery, the shooting and then the chase, most likely his adrenaline was high. And yes, with the history of bangers he was most likely angry and frustrated.

When he shot the robber I see that as not having any other choices. It was him or the robber. But when he returned to the store, I see other choices. Choices that frankly would probably have served him and the women better as protection. Instead he chose to shoot the robber who was down. And I see that as retribution, not self defense.

Evidently, there are people out there who would have preferred the Pharmacist run away. Did he know the woman had gotten out of the store? Did he know the other perp had not gotten up and taken her as a hostage? If he had run away and the perp killed her, he would have felt responsible he did not do anything to prevent it.

D@mn right he was scared! How do you calmly look down the barrel of a gun pointed at you from two men who would possibly kill you over the drugs and money as happens on a regular basis here?

He put his gun down and called LE immediately after the threat was gone. If his intent was murder, he would have taken out his surveillance video before calling 911. He wasn't trying to hide anything. He did not feel he had done anything wrong or illegal in protecting himself and others.

Isn't there an old saying about that? Something about the man who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day?

Final Pharmacy Robbery Suspect Arrested

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=10472872

WEWOKA, Oklahoma - A man charged with murder in connection to a pharmacy robbery last month was arrested in Wewoka.

Anthony Morrison, 43, was arrested Wednesday afternoon, according to the Oklahoma County Sheriff's office. He is one of four people charged with murder in the death of 16-year-old Antwun Parker.

Isn't there an old saying about that? Something about the man who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day?
I don't know about that saying, but he stood up to the punks and did not run. He survived and so did the woman. The outcome may have been very different without his brave decision. We could be here saying prayers for the latest two victims of another senseless crime instead of arguing the rights of the man to protect himself and others.

If it was your son or daughter behind that counter with a gun pointed at their face...what would you have preferred the Pharmacist do? Nothing and have risked them both dying? Again, he could not have known the one on the floor did not have a hidden weapon.

We know now the right thing would have been to empty the gun into the perp immediately and get the second gun to go after the other gunman. Hindsite and all that...

It still boils down to the perps put themselves in the position to be killed and one was killed. It wasn't wrong place, wrong time, and an innocent bystander scenario.

WEWOKA, Oklahoma - A man charged with murder in connection to a pharmacy robbery last month was arrested in Wewoka.

Anthony Morrison, 43, was arrested Wednesday afternoon, according to the Oklahoma County Sheriff's office. He is one of four people charged with murder in the death of 16-year-old Antwun Parker.
Great! Another in custody! :clap::clap::clap:

(Anyone notice that Wewoka is only 36 miles from Weleetka?!)

I don't know about that saying, but he stood up to the punks and did not run. He survived and so did the woman. The outcome may have been very different without his brave decision. We could be here saying prayers for the latest two victims of another senseless crime instead of arguing the rights of the man to protect himself and others.

If it was your son or daughter behind that counter with a gun pointed at their face...what would you have preferred the Pharmacist do? Nothing and have risked them both dying? Again, he could not have known the one on the floor did not have a hidden weapon.

We know now the right thing would have been to empty the gun into the perp immediately and get the second gun to go after the other gunman. Hindsite and all that...

It still boils down to the perps put themselves in the position to be killed and one was killed. It wasn't wrong place, wrong time, and an innocent bystander scenario.

If it was my son or daughter who was behind the counter, most likely I would tell them they did the right thing and that the proof of that was the fact that they lived through it. Publicly, I would be cursing the pros. for even considering charges. To the guy's family I would be pointing out that he was in the store with the intent to rob and with a weapon. But I am afraid that I would still have to wonder privately, how much was self defense and how much was retribution.

And trying to think of some way to point out to my family member that while he was emptying the gun into the body of the perp who was down, that he/she could have been in danger of the other armed perp coming back and he/she didn't have anymore bullets.

I don't think the guy did the right thing it is true. But in all honesty, if it was me I don't know that I would have done differently. But yeah, it probably would have been retribution.

Glad to see that they have him. And I am glad to see that they are charging him with murder. He may not have pulled the trigger, but by setting the armed robbery in motion he set up the situation for someone to be killed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kforbes862
Back