OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

Look at this post on Facebook Log into Facebook

New charges coming!

DA WANTS TO AMEND CHARGES IN ATHENA BROWNFIELD DEATH: This morning, the Caddo County district attorney filed to amend the charges for the suspects in the death of 4-year Athena Brownfield. The DA says Alysia Adams should face a first or second-degree murder charge and obstruction of a public officer (she was previously charged with two counts of child neglect). The DA says according to the autopsy report, Athena died from malnutrition, not from being beaten to death by Ivon Adams, like Alysia had claimed. Meanwhile, the DA filed to amend Ivon's charge from first-degree murder to second-degree murder. Both are still charged with child neglect for Athena's sister. Their arraignment is scheduled for Feb. 21. The info is from News 9's Deanne Stein, who will have the latest at 4 and 5 on KWTV - NEWS 9.

Here is the new story outside Facebook.

Tuesday in Caddo County Court, preliminary hearings were waived and charges were amended for both defendants charged in 4-year-old Athena Brownfield's death.

District Attorney Jason Hicks told the judge that Alysia Adams gave false information to investigators. According to the autopsy report, Athena died from malnutrition, ….
…..
more at link

Wednesday, January 3rd:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) - OK - Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. (Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grady County; found out that she had been beaten & died on Dec. 25, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation; Id’d on Jan. 26, 2023) - *Jasmin Adina Kay Brownfield (27) "bio mom" charged (5/4/23), arrested & extradited (5/5/23) with 2 counts of felony child neglect by abandonment. Bond $100K.
Case info from 5/4/23 thru 7/27/23 reference post #494 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...eased-cyril-10-jan-2023-arrest.657156/page-25

8/4/23 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 10/6/23 @ 1:30pm. 1/6/23 Update: Next preliminary hearing on 1/3/24 @ 1:30pm.
*Ivon Neil Adams III (36/now 37) – Arraignment hearing on 2/21/24.
*Alysia Adams (31/now 32) – Arraignment hearing on 2/21/24.

Jan. 3, 2024

Jasmin Brownfield, the biological mother of Athena Brownfield, has waived a preliminary hearing and continues to face two counts of child neglect.
She was expected to appear in court on Wednesday. The case will remain active, and the charges still stand despite there being no hearing.

Unfortunately the article doesn't mention next court date - so..
@Soulmagent - anything new in the court site for her? I have the other 2 for arraignment on their new charges on 2/21/24. TIA! :)

Jan. 3, 2024

Jasmin Brownfield, the biological mother of Athena Brownfield, has waived a preliminary hearing and continues to face two counts of child neglect.
She was expected to appear in court on Wednesday. The case will remain active, and the charges still stand despite there being no hearing.

@Soulmagent - anything new in the court site for her? I have the other 2 for arraignment on their new charges on 2/21/24. TIA! :)
I will try again tomorrow because nothing is poping up atm.On Ashley). This site is great when it works but why does it seem to have something to do with timing the portal correctly ,or witch craft?

Jan. 3, 2024

Jasmin’s arraignment is scheduled for March 15, 2024.
01/03/2024 CM : 03-15-2024 @ 1:30 ARRAIGNMENT - KIRKLAND
Document Available (#1046577272) TIFF PDF

So many people involved in this poor child’s abuse and murder it’s hard to keep track. :(
Yes !
All these people to keep track of , and all of them couldnt keep track of this poor kid. A whole group of people .. really sad. Thanks for posting the date for Niner. I work full time but I hate when I cant find her info for her. or dont have the time ,I love when people give her the info she needs ! Niner is amazing and makes sure we know the dates. I love what she brings to WS.

Yes !
All these people to keep track of , and all of them couldnt keep track of this poor kid. A whole group of people .. really sad. Thanks for posting the date for Niner. I work full time but I hate when I cant find her info for her. or dont have the time ,I love when people give her the info she needs ! Niner is amazing and makes sure we know the dates. I love what she brings to WS.

Thank you! I too like it when people give me info! :D

Alysia Adams. (Caddo County jail)

Adams has now been moved to a different facility while she awaits trial.

Feb. 15, 2024

CADDO COUNTY, OKLA. (KOKH) — The District Attorney in Caddo County, Jason Hicks, seeks the death penalty for Alysia Adams, one of the caretakers charged in 4-year-old Athena Brownfield's death.

Court documents said Alysia confessed that Brownfield was beaten and killed in Cyril on Christmas in 2022 by her husband, Ivon Adams, who faces first-degree murder and child neglect.
[.....]
A new court document released on Wednesday by District Attorney Hicks said that based on the circumstances that Alysia "knowingly created a great risk of death to more than one person" and "that the death of Athena Brownfield was especially heinous", Alysia should be punished by death.

Wednesday, February 21st:
*Arraignment Hearing (Amended charges) (@ 10:30am CT) - OK – Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. (Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grady County; found out that she had been beaten & died on Dec. 25, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation; ID’d on Jan. 26, 2023) - *Ivon Neil Adams III (36/now 37) arrested (1/12/23 in Phoenix, AZ) & held on a fugitive from justice charge. Felony warrant from OK. for 1st degree murder & child neglect. Held without bond pending extradition to OK. Booked (1/19/23) in Caddo County Jail. Held on $1M bond. *Charged (1/20/23) with 1st degree murder/child abuse & child neglect. These charges were amended (12/12/23) to 2nd degree murder & child neglect. Held without bond. Bond denied (1/20/23).
Judge David A. Stephens
Case & court info from 1/10/23 thru 5/25/23 reference post #500 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...klahoma-10-january-2023-arrest.657156/page-25

10/4/23 Update: Preliminary hearing was reset on 12/12/23 @ 9am.
12/12/23 Update: The preliminary hearing was waived. The Caddo County DA filed to amend the charges for the suspects in the death of 4-year Athena. The DA says Alysia Adams should face a first-degree murder charge & obstruction of a public officer (she was previously charged with two counts of child neglect). The DA says according to the autopsy report, Athena died from malnutrition, not from being beaten to death by Ivon Adams, like Alysia had claimed. Meanwhile, the DA filed to amend Ivon's charge from first-degree murder to second-degree murder. Both are still charged with child neglect for Athena's sister. Their arraignment is scheduled for 2/21/24 @ 10:30am.

ALSO:
*Arraignment Hearing (amended charges) (@ 10:30am CT) - OK – Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. (Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grady County; found out that she had been beaten & died on Dec. 25, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation; Id’d on Jan. 26, 2023) - *Alysia Adina Adams aka Alysia Adina Galvan (31/now 32) arrested (1/12/23) & charged (1/17/23) with 2 counts of child neglect – one for failing to supervise Athena's sister & another for failing to protect Athena from her husband’s physical abuse. Charges were amended (1/12/23) to 1st degree murder, obstruction of a public officer & 2 counts of child neglect. Plead not guilty. Bond @ $500K with restrictions if bonded out. DP will seek DP (2/14/24).
Judge David A. Stephens
Case & court info from 1/10/23 thru 5/19/23 reference post #500 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...klahoma-10-january-2023-arrest.657156/page-25

10/4/23 Update: Preliminary hearing was reset on 12/12/23 @ 9am.
12/12/23 Update: The preliminary hearing was waived. The Caddo County DA filed to amend the charges for the suspects in the death of 4-year Athena. The DA says Alysia Adams should face a first-degree murder charge & obstruction of a public officer (she was previously charged with two counts of child neglect). The DA says according to the autopsy report, Athena died from malnutrition, not from being beaten to death by Ivon Adams, like Alysia had claimed. Meanwhile, the DA filed to amend Ivon's charge from first-degree murder to second-degree murder. Both are still charged with child neglect for Athena's sister. Their arraignment is scheduled for 2/21/24 @ 10:30am.
2/14/24 Update: The District Attorney in Caddo County, Jason Hicks, seeks the death penalty for Alysia Adams. Bill of Particulars In Re: Punishment filed.
*Jasmin Brownfield (27) "bio mom" - arrested & charged (5/4/23). Arraignment hearing on 3/15/24.

Feb. 21, 2024

CADDO CO., Okla. (KSWO) - The arraignment for the couple charged with murder of a Cyril girl, who was found dead last year, has been rescheduled.

Ivon Adams is now supposed to appear on April 26, while Alysia Adams is supposed to be there again on April 17. We’re told it was rescheduled because the judge had a judicial conference.

@MsMarple - just got this article in my alerts - wasn't her arraignment scheduled for 3/15?

Mar. 13, 2024
[i[A woman charged in the death of 4-year-old Athena Brownfield is scheduled to be formally arraigned on a first-degree murder charge on Wednesday [3/13/24]
[.....]
Now, Alysia Adams faces the death penalty in the death of Athena. Ivon Adams faces charges of child neglect, and is expected in court in April.

Adams is due in court at 1:30 p.m.[/i]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back