OK - Baby's body found in Muskogee Walmart bathroom

Can you imagine, just for an instant, what this poor woman went through? She didn't just sit down to go to the bathroom, and "poof", a baby came out. She must have been experiencing some type of "issues". Having suffered at least 4 miscarriages (that I know of), I can tell you, for a fact, that it's not just like, "poof", I sat down to use the toilet, and there's a baby there!

She didn't "flush" it away. Was she supposed to grab it out of there with her bare hands, and walk through the store with it? Have you ever been in a situation like that? What did you do? (And by "a situation like that, I don't mean, have you ever had a miscarriage, and what did you do? I mean, have you ever been in a WalMart, sat down to use the toilet, and suffered a miscarriage, and what did you do?). There's a big difference between being in a dr's office, hospital, or even your own home, vs. a public restroom at a supercenter. Really...what should she have done in that instance? Gone to housewares and picked up a plastic container to put the child's remains in to take to the doctor? Can you even imagine putting yourself in that situation to do that? She must have been bleeding terribly. Maybe she should have called someone. But maybe she was in a state of shock and not thinking clearly. I know I wouldn't be.

Have a little compassion.

Poor woman? :no:
This was not a miscarriage, this was a birth.
What she should have done in this instance is called for help! Scream until someone comes in. She was able to walk out and leave the baby in the toilet, why would she not be able to walk out and ask someone to call 911?
I don't think she was in shock! I think she just wanted to get the heck out of there so the problem would go away.

This is horrible.

If this means I have no compassion, so be it. She didn't have much compassion for her newborn either did she????

People who do this really need to serve time. It is a crime IMO.

A normal mother gets her baby out of the toilet. End of story. IMO

What she did is not normal.

If she knowingly left a living infant to die (meaning, she didn't leave to get help), then off with her head!

However, before we burn her in effigy, do we know that's what she did?

If she knowingly left a living infant to die (meaning, she didn't leave to get help), then off with her head!

However, before we burn her in effigy, do we know that's what she did?

Even if she left a dead infant in a toilet, I say off with her head!
You don't just leave a baby in the toilet.

Is this woman a medical dr trained to make medical calls and could have possibly known this baby could not be helped. A lot of babies are born not breathing or with shallow breathing but are helped and live.

One of the great things about this site is that we're all entitled to our opinion.

One of the great things about this site is that we're all entitled to our opinion.

Yes indeed and wouldn't it be a boring place if we all had the same opinion.:dance: I think we all have passion and compassion or we wouldn't even be here.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20101029_12_A10_MUSKOG899943

This article is too short to snip. It says the LE think the baby was stillborn. The mother has not been charged.

***I don't understand this. Even if the baby was stillborn, wouldn't this be considered some sort crime??? If your 2 day old baby at home dies of SIDS, you can't just throw it in the garbage. When a baby dies at birth, you CAN NOT just toss it away. And you should not be able to leave it in the toilet.

What's the difference?

This "mother" should go to jail. JMO

Also, this is a 23 year old woman! Not a scared 15 year old.

If people who do this kind of crap are not charged and can go on about their lives as if nothing happened, this will continue.
It has to be stopped.

JMO

I realize everyone has very strong opinions about this, but I'm going to go ahead and say that we have no idea of her IQ level, her mental health status, etc., and I'm going to reserve judgement. We don't know if she'd lost so much blood she was in shock, etc. We have no idea, and I'm going to err on the side of compassion. Some people can be so traumatized by something like that, that they wouldn't be thinking clearly. I just can't nail her to the cross without knowing any of those things.

I do see everyone's side on this, however - it's something most of us could never fathom doing, regardless if the baby was alive or not, however, we're not her and we've been blessed in our moral reasoning - hopefully we'd all be blessed with emergency reasoning, too, but some people are not.

Would it be different if the baby was a few days old and died and she left it somewhere? This baby was indeed a baby. Not a fetus. She didn't have a miscarriage. She gave birth and left the baby in the toilet and walked away.

And it's likely we will never know. Because the information will not be released. So, this woman will get away with any wrong doing and to the world, it looks like it is ok to leave a dead infant in the toilet at Wal-Mart.

This has to stop! But it won't if there are no consequences.

IMO more compassion needs to be given to the babies in these situations and not the "mothers".

JMO

Would it be different if the baby was a few days old and died and she left it somewhere? This baby was indeed a baby. Not a fetus. She didn't have a miscarriage. She gave birth and left the baby in the toilet and walked away.

And it's likely we will never know. Because the information will not be released. So, this woman will get away with any wrong doing and to the world, it looks like it is ok to leave a dead infant in the toilet at Wal-Mart.

This has to stop! But it won't if there are no consequences.

IMO more compassion needs to be given to the babies in these situations and not the "mothers".

JMO

:clap::clap::clap: Well said, Kimberly! I am so sick of reading about so-called mothers discarding their children like they're trash. We need to put more value on our kids.

While I have been blessed to have had healthy pregnancies and never suffered a miscarriage, I have worked with 24 week gestation infants in the NICU...they are babies not just tissue as would be seen in an earlier term miscarriage. They have a head, arms, legs, body, tiny, tiny hands, fingers, feet and toes, a brain and other vital organs (not fully developed). While some are not viable at that age and are kept on respirators to no avail; others survive. Yes, most will have life long disabilities but there are some who will overcome the odds. I have no idea if this baby was stillborn or not however, that it not the issue at hand. The issue at hand is that the baby was left in a public restroom toilet! This is totally unacceptable. What if a child had entered that stall and found that baby?
Do I think the mother should have retrieved the infant from the toilet...yes, absolutely! If she couldn't do it then she should have called EMS. She herself probably required treatment as well as she could have bled to death had any of the placenta remained in her body.
In answer to your question, what would I do?
I would pick my baby up out of the toilet, call for help, wrap him/her in a towel or blanket and wait for EMS.
This is what a 24 week gestation infant looks like...could you leave that in a public toilet?
picture.php

http://www.donnaleeoriginals.com/Miracle.html

that pic really brings it home// no WAY i could leave him/her ANYWHERE! and @ 23 yrs old, if that was me, id try to wrap up/swaddle baby w/ what ever and scream, or call 911 or have someone do it, call 911, try to save the little guy or gal!

no... from what I have read the baby was stillborn. Its sad but true.

So? Stillborn or not, that baby deserved to be taken out of that toilet.

What that women did was criminal.

JMO

Can you imagine, just for an instant, what this poor woman went through? She didn't just sit down to go to the bathroom, and "poof", a baby came out. She must have been experiencing some type of "issues". Having suffered at least 4 miscarriages (that I know of), I can tell you, for a fact, that it's not just like, "poof", I sat down to use the toilet, and there's a baby there!

She didn't "flush" it away. Was she supposed to grab it out of there with her bare hands, and walk through the store with it? Have you ever been in a situation like that? What did you do? (And by "a situation like that, I don't mean, have you ever had a miscarriage, and what did you do? I mean, have you ever been in a WalMart, sat down to use the toilet, and suffered a miscarriage, and what did you do?). There's a big difference between being in a dr's office, hospital, or even your own home, vs. a public restroom at a supercenter. Really...what should she have done in that instance? Gone to housewares and picked up a plastic container to put the child's remains in to take to the doctor? Can you even imagine putting yourself in that situation to do that? She must have been bleeding terribly. Maybe she should have called someone. But maybe she was in a state of shock and not thinking clearly. I know I wouldn't be.

Have a little compassion.

Oh-Gal I am very sorry for your pain. I'm so sorry you have suffered through your miscarriages.

Unless it comes out that she is mentally challenged, I say lock her up.

Unless it comes out that she is mentally challenged, I say lock her up.

I agree. But she will most likely walk away with not charges because our system does not value this baby. They will call it a "still born fetus" and not even address the fact it was discarded in a fricken toilet.

What if this girl went into labor and gave birth in a hospital. The hospital would likely give 3 choices for what to do with the body of the baby born dead. She may have been able to choose: medical waste, bury the baby, or cremation. No one ever wants to have to make that kind of choice. Are we going to be this harsh on mothers that say to dispose of the body as medical waste?

Where is the mercy? This poor lady just lost her baby with no family around and in a bathroom at Walmart.

What if this girl went into labor and gave birth in a hospital. The hospital would likely give 3 choices for what to do with the body of the baby born dead. She may have been able to choose: medical waste, bury the baby, or cremation. No one ever wants to have to make that kind of choice. Are we going to be this harsh on mothers that say to dispose of the body as medical waste?

Where is the mercy? This poor lady just lost her baby with no family around and in a bathroom at Walmart.

Medical WASTE??? In a toilet???

My mercy and compassion is with the baby.

What she did is criminal IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24