OK - Baby's body found in Muskogee Walmart bathroom

What if this girl went into labor and gave birth in a hospital. The hospital would likely give 3 choices for what to do with the body of the baby born dead. She may have been able to choose: medical waste, bury the baby, or cremation. No one ever wants to have to make that kind of choice. Are we going to be this harsh on mothers that say to dispose of the body as medical waste?

Where is the mercy? This poor lady just lost her baby with no family around and in a bathroom at Walmart.

In a hospital the option to leave the body in a random toilet is never given. I don't have a cite, but I don't think that after 20 weeks, a corpse can be disposed of as medical waste.

http://www.ok.gov/health/documents/VR_Training_stillbirth_09.pdf

From reading this link, it says any baby over 20 weeks gestation that is born dead, is considered a STILLBIRTH. (not miscarriage)
As a matter of fact, if the baby is over 20 weeks gestation, you have to file a stillbirth certificate within 3 days of the birth.
Can't do that if you leave your baby in a toilet and walk away like nothing ever happened.

What if this girl went into labor and gave birth in a hospital. The hospital would likely give 3 choices for what to do with the body of the baby born dead. She may have been able to choose: medical waste, bury the baby, or cremation. No one ever wants to have to make that kind of choice. Are we going to be this harsh on mothers that say to dispose of the body as medical waste?

Where is the mercy? This poor lady just lost her baby with no family around and in a bathroom at Walmart.

No one in a hospital setting would really ask a woman who just delivered a baby that was deceased, if she would like to throw the baby away. If a woman in that situation chose to do that, I would imagine she would be referred for psychological help or counseling. This is not a typical response, and I think would indicate she is not coping well.

Would it be different if the baby was a few days old and died and she left it somewhere? This baby was indeed a baby. Not a fetus. She didn't have a miscarriage. She gave birth and left the baby in the toilet and walked away.

And it's likely we will never know. Because the information will not be released. So, this woman will get away with any wrong doing and to the world, it looks like it is ok to leave a dead infant in the toilet at Wal-Mart.
This has to stop! But it won't if there are no consequences.

IMO more compassion needs to be given to the babies in these situations and not the "mothers".

JMO

Hate to quote myself, but after checking for updates and the ME's findings, the BBM part seems like it's true. We will never know. This mother will be shielded. So, next time a scared person gives birth in a toilet, they will think it's quite alright to walk away and leave the "fetus" in there.
This makes me sick.

I can't understand how someone can carry a baby and not feel anything but love and awe for their baby. My children are my life.

Welcome to Websleuths MorenoI!!!

I totally agree.

Mother accused of leaving infant’s body in toilet

A Muskogee woman could face a felony charge after allegedly leaving the body of a stillborn girl in a toilet.

Jaimie Orozco, 23, was booked into the Muskogee County/City Detention Facility on a felony complaint of desecration of human corpse, according to court documents.
---
If convicted, Orozco faces a fine of up to $7,000 or imprisonment for up to seven years, or both.

A sounding docket is scheduled for 9 a.m., Jan. 10. Orozco will be given a preliminary hearing date at that time.

more at
http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x258591026/Mother-accused-of-leaving-infant-s-body-in-toilet

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back