OK - Bailey Thrasher, 16, stabbed to death, Mustang, 1 Sept 2007

I'd consider this so called teacher a pedophile who used the girl's problems to get access and permission to molest from the dad. Wonder if any other teachers knew about this little arrangement. Was the girl in a public alternative school or some private one?
Good points and great question?
Didn't anyone else in town realize that a 13 year old child was being used/abused by an adult male??? :banghead::doh::banghead:
My gawd this is just a sick,sad story.

As officers approached the car, Mr. Roberson was stabbing Ms. Thrasher repeatedly, police said. He wouldn't stop, so officers fired several shots at him, killing him.
Ms. Thrasher died in the car before paramedics could arrive on the scene.
Several family members described her on Sunday as a hero who gave her life so her family and friends could live.

what chance did this girl ever have in life? somehow i doubt that the father who gave up on her at 13 and let her move in with a 30 year old teacher was a good dad up to that point. in her young teen years she had problems and instead of dad stepping up and being a bigger part of her everyday life he gave her to a grown man as a sex toy. i say sex toy because in no way could this child be in a equal relationship with a 30+ year old teacher. once she became old enough to begin to decided for herself he killed her.

From what I've read in her different places online there are 7 kids in the family. It seems that she was crazy about her younger brother and the youngest little girl. She talks about her mom having a lot of issues and getting into a fight with her when she was visiting or living with her aunt. She also talks about not liking her stepmom. She doesn't say anything negative about her dad. She had started working for him at the cafe or whatever he owns. When I saw that picture of her dad dressed like Elvis holding the hand of the little sister I honestly thought it was Elvis until I read where she had written "my dad and little sis." The picture was taken at a distance so it is hard to tell what the dad really looks like. The cafe does sound like a fun place...the 50's.

I noticed that in a lot of her messages she talked about how she wasn't hearing from her friends. She kept asking them to call her. Also talking about being lonely over and over.

That dad should be arrested even if it is after the fact. In my opinion the S.O.B. let his daughter walk out of that house with a psycho carrying a gun. What did he think the killer had planned for his daughter! Any dad worth anything would have done something to stop that creep. He knew that the killer had been threatening his daughter and the whole family. I don't know how I would have handled the situation but he wouldn't have left with my daughter. Did the dad know that the daughter had called 911...I doubt it. If they could have just kept him there a few more minutes everyone might have been safe. Most dads would have died before they let their daughter walk out with that guy.

I guess I shouldn't expect much from this worthless father. Most guys would have killed some 29 yr old guy fooling around with their 13 yr old daughter. Not him, he just hands her over to him. Nothing like taking the easy way out instead of dealing with any issues she might have had. The whole thing just makes me sick. I hope the whole town turns against this dad.

Bobbisangel, I've been reading some comments around the internet from family members defending the father's actions. I don't get it at all. I know they are hurting and maybe they just aren't thinking straight, but if Darin was a real dad and a real man he would have wiped the earth with Roberson's face once he "found out" what was really going on. (BESIDES the fact that he shouldn't have let his baby girl move in with a full grown man!!!)

It shouldn't have mattered if Bailey wanted to tell LE what was going on or not.

:sick:

It wasn't at her father's house that the abduction occurred though, I don't think. It was an apartment she had with her sister. :confused: :waitasec: That isn't to say that I don't think her parents should have been charged for letting her shack up with the creep in the first place though!

See?

El Reno Tribune said:
After filing police reports, Thrasher said Bailey received an offer to stay at a shelter until the cases were investigated. But the teenager had just made plans to move into an apartment with her older sister, who is six weeks pregnant. Bailey planned to help care for her sister while her brother-in-law serves in Iraq.
“She was determined,” Thrasher said, adding Bailey told her, “‘I am not going to stop my life for him.’”
Friday night, Bailey had just finished helping her sister paint the apartment in the 600 block of West Vandament Avenue and was with four other girls when Roberson forced the door open. Stringer said the man put a gun to one of her friend’s heads and threatened to shoot if Bailey didn’t go with him. She said Bailey dialed 911 as she went with him, reassuring her friends she’d be OK.

Yes...I would say they should look at the father and begin charges. How dare this child end up dead at her age? He knew...charge him.

Everything you have claimed about my brother is wrong!
You apparently don't know our family & how much love we share & how much Bailey loved her entire family- especially her dad & mom,& of course her siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins,& all family members.
My brother loves his children more than anything & supports them always. He did not allow her to move in with this sicko, she ran away to move to be with this brain washing pervert, she was determined to do what she wanted & what Robert made her do & we all did things to prevent it & authorities were notified on several occasions by several people, but did no investigations on any of the reports, Bailey & Robert both would deny to anyone that they were together. My brother tried several times to get her to go with him to the authorities & she was scarred & refused, they would not do anything without her telling it & admitting it. Everyone that knew Bailey loved her, wanted the best for her, & did what was humanly possible to help her in every way possible. It is terrible that people are acting like they know what it is like to be A part of our families horrible nightmare, so again- unless you know the facts, you should keep your thoughts in your own head & not lie to others. We are a Christian family & are members of Victory Christian Center of Warr Acres, Oklahoma-my brother is the one who got the whole family starting to go to this church over 7 years ago, Thanks to Darin, Bailey was saved by the blood of Jesus Christ at our church that we are all regular members of & is in heaven in peace, so everyone should let her rest in peace. I am so glad there are no more tears in heaven, because she would be crying about these lies being told about her father that she loved so much, she is A HERO & is always going to be remembered & loved forever by everyone that knew her.
Yes, we are not perfect, but there is only one who is. We have families that we love with all our hearts, do everything we can for them,& raise them with the best of our ability with the help of God & the rest is up to God & what his plans are. God knows what he is doing & knows the exact day we are going to be born & the exact day we are going to join him at the gates of heaven to live in eternal peace & happiness.
Don't you think we are going through A tough enough time dealing with our flesh & blood being murdered- No one ever seen this coming & it is the hardest, toughest thing we have ever been through. You should see that the only bad guy in our family tragedy is ROBERT ROBERSON, he is the one that tortured my gorgeous niece & our entire family for months- He is the only bad guy & is finally where he has needed to be for A long time. We can sit here & blame people all day long for what happened, but that is not going to bring Bailey back to us, She is in heaven looking down on us & waiting for us to join her when the Lord says it is time for us to meet her & our other loved ones. I will pray for you, Roberts family & his 2 little girls, & will continue praying for my entire family,that we can all have peace & live the most Godly life we can & never forget our precious Bailey. I pray you do the same & I would love to invite you to visit our church, It has changed my life & heart to live for & trust in the Lord & that All things are possible through Jesus Christ. My brother & I are teaching our kids this too. Thank you Jesus for all of your blessing to everyone. This is my final post, I know the facts, our true friends & family know the truth, & God knows the facts, & everyone that knows our family knows we are good people. I don’t need to look at any more negative & false statements, there is just no good that comes out of trying to hurt others at their worst moments in life, I could never be so cruel to someone in so much pain. I would just pray for all family members involved, on all sides- the law enforcement that tried to help my sweet niece, & the Lord for knowing exactly what he is doing. Thanks to all who speak the truth, have true compassion for hurting people, & have the facts straight & not twisted. The media &/or newspapers on several occasions had several things totally wrong, so everyone should no- Don't believe everything you read or hear. I Love My Gorgeous Niece- Bailey Forever- She is Finally in Peace, Aunt Melissa

Please help me to pass it on & help me get the word out that we have set up A memorial fund in memory of my gorgeous niece, Bailey Thrasher, who was tragically taken away from us way too soon. (The news channel advised me of this) My friend is the vice-president of this bank & helped me set it up (Joe Horn), which is also A regular customer of Sid's Diner & friend of Bailey's too. She was an Awesome waitress at the Diner, all the customers loved her, she always looked to be happy & full of life, & everyone that knew her loved her! Not much can take away our pain, but hopefully this can relieve some stress on the remainder of memorial duties- We are trying to get her A nice headstone. The mother & father will be in charge of the statements & will use it for anything towards Bailey's Memorial. Thanks & we appreciate everyone for everything, Especially the continued prayers for our entire family, We appreciate all our friends, family, & customers (they are like family too) We love her very much & will miss her until we are together again! Aunt Melissa & Uncle Brian

Bailey Thrasher Memorial Fund
Yukon National Bank, Yukon, OK

Yukon National Bank - Banking Service Center
3501 North Mustang Road, Yukon, OK 73099
(405) 350-2522

Melissa,

Thank you for posting. I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Please know that many of the comments that were made about your brother were made in direct response to this information given in a newspaper article, the link to which can be found in the original post:

'"A romance began and shortly after, the two moved into an apartment together. Darin Thrasher knew better, but said he thought the situation might benefit his daughter because Roberson didn't drink or do drugs and would be a good example."I thought it would be a positive for her," he said. "Then I also thought the relationship would fizzle out and she would be done partying."'

Members of this site are devoted and dedicated to keeping children and adults safe from those who would do them harm. We can, of course, only discuss cases from the standpoint of information that is publically published or information that comes directly from people involved in any given crime.

IMHO, you are absolutely correct in calling us out for assuming the worst of people based on limited information. It must hurt to read strangers discussing the most intimate painful details of your life without showing empathy. Thank you for your prayers for us in this regard.

I am so sorry your family has suffered through this situation for such a long time. I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm sorry for your loss. It is a tragedy and no family should have to go through any of this.

And I'm sorry if you're upset. We are a message board for discussion of crimes and such and we discuss and form our opinions on what is reported in the news. Sometimes family members join us in our discussions and make us more informed of what has happened.

Our opinions of Darin were based on what was reported in the news. For example:

"A romance began and shortly afterward, the two moved into an apartment together. Darin Thrasher knew better, but he said he thought the situation might benefit his daughter because Mr. Roberson didn't drink or do drugs and would be a good example."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...stories/090407dntexokteenkilled.99dd3d18.html

and:

"Thrasher said she and Bailey’s father, Darin Thrasher, disapproved of their daughter’s relationship with the man, but when they learned he had convinced her to stop experimenting with drugs and alcohol, the parents reconsidered their first impressions.

“She was totally in love with this guy,” Sarah Thrasher said.
Bailey begged them to let her date Roberson, and her stepmother said she and her husband relented, afraid of losing their daughter."

http://www.elrenotribune.com/site/stabbing090507?page=0%2C0

These types of statements are what we are basing our opinions on. We're an open minded bunch, so if you care to join in our discussions and offer us more insights we'd be mighty happy to have you.

Melissa, You and your family are in my families prayers. We too had an unruly teen influenced by anyone but her family I know it is hard unless you have gone through it personally, people don't have a clue as to how worthless police and the laws are when you need them in this kind of case. People also think somehow you can tell an unruly teen not to runaway and they will listen. IMO if they are that dense just ignore them. Most people here do not mean harm and the majority have had some kind of heartache that has brought them to this site to begin with. Some just get emotional and come off as judgemental and downright irrational. So please forgive us and take care of your loved ones. One day we will see our loved ones and this board won't even be a memory.

I agree with you! I would of been killed protecting my daughter because over my dead body would he have taken her. Not to mention the mom the step mom too where were they? Why didnt they intervene? Did anyone care for this child? They just wanted to get rid of her is what it seems like to me. Shame on all of them and I hope they are all charged. :furious:

From what I've read in her different places online there are 7 kids in the family. It seems that she was crazy about her younger brother and the youngest little girl. She talks about her mom having a lot of issues and getting into a fight with her when she was visiting or living with her aunt. She also talks about not liking her stepmom. She doesn't say anything negative about her dad. She had started working for him at the cafe or whatever he owns. When I saw that picture of her dad dressed like Elvis holding the hand of the little sister I honestly thought it was Elvis until I read where she had written "my dad and little sis." The picture was taken at a distance so it is hard to tell what the dad really looks like. The cafe does sound like a fun place...the 50's.

I noticed that in a lot of her messages she talked about how she wasn't hearing from her friends. She kept asking them to call her. Also talking about being lonely over and over.

That dad should be arrested even if it is after the fact. In my opinion the S.O.B. let his daughter walk out of that house with a psycho carrying a gun. What did he think the killer had planned for his daughter! Any dad worth anything would have done something to stop that creep. He knew that the killer had been threatening his daughter and the whole family. I don't know how I would have handled the situation but he wouldn't have left with my daughter. Did the dad know that the daughter had called 911...I doubt it. If they could have just kept him there a few more minutes everyone might have been safe. Most dads would have died before they let their daughter walk out with that guy.

I guess I shouldn't expect much from this worthless father. Most guys would have killed some 29 yr old guy fooling around with their 13 yr old daughter. Not him, he just hands her over to him. Nothing like taking the easy way out instead of dealing with any issues she might have had. The whole thing just makes me sick. I hope the whole town turns against this dad.

I agree with you! I would of been killed protecting my daughter because over my dead body would he have taken her. Not to mention the mom the step mom too where were they? Why didnt they intervene? Did anyone care for this child? They just wanted to get rid of her is what it seems like to me. Shame on all of them and I hope they are all charged. :furious:

Read post 26 in this topic. AGAIN, I will say: BAILEY WAS LIVING IN AN APARTMENT WITH HER SISTER, ONLY THE SISTER AND SOME OF THEIR FEMALE FRIENDS WERE THERE WHEN SHE WAS KIDNAPPED AND MURDERED!!!

Thats fine. But like I said..He would of had to KILL me before he got my daughter to begin with. She would of never went anywhere with him.

AGAIN, I will say: BAILEY WAS LIVING IN AN APARTMENT WITH HER SISTER, ONLY THE SISTER AND SOME OF THEIR FRIENDS WERE THERE WHEN SHE WAS KIDNAPPED AND MURDERED!!!

Thats fine. But like I said..He would of had to KILL me before he got my daughter to begin with. She would of never went anywhere with him.

Tell that to her aunt who is posting here now, Melissa Stringer. *points up* Did you read the new information she imparted, about her running away, and denying to authorties that there was a relationship with the pedo creep, and how the family reported things but the law wouldn't go out of their way to investigate? Some state's laws are like that, some places parents cannot get their children back home if they run away, the law will not help them.

Yes I did read what the aunt has posted. I feel sorry for her & I am very sorry for her loss. From all that has been reported though the fam. let her live with the teacher because he kept her from drugs or whatever...never would of happened if I was her parent. So she may have ran away at some point but also at some point they knew exactly where she was and who she was with.

Tell that to her aunt who is posting here now, Melissa Stringer. *points up* Did you read the new information she imparted, about her running away, and denying to authorties that there was a relationship with the pedo creep, and how the family reported things but the law wouldn't go out of their way to investigate? Some states laws are like that, some places parents cannot get their children back home if they run away, the law will not help them.

<snip>. So she may have ran away at some point but also at some point they knew exactly where she was and who she was with.

Read what she said again, please. She (Melissa Stringer) said they did report the "relationship" to authorities, but after interviewing Bailey the authorities would do nothing because in her fear of the guy Bailey denied there was any kind of relationship. So, the hands of the law were tied due to lies told out of fear.

I understand I know what your trying to say. I am just saying if it was my daughter I would of taken the law into my own hands even if it got me killed by that SOB. The girl was 13...not 18 you know 13..my God she was just a baby herself.

Read what she said again, please. She (Melissa Stringer) said they did report the "relationship" to authorities, but after interviewing Bailey the authorities would do nothing because in her fear of the guy Bailey denied there was any kind of relationship. So, the hands of the law were tied due to lies told out of fear.

Aren't there laws still on the books where you can go to court and have a child declared incorrible and the court will put them in junenile hall?

And the threats about massacring the family? Why didn't LE react to these reports?

If the law isn't protecting a child from getting into a situation like this, then the laws and lawmakers need to be scrutinized.

Prayers for the her family and friends.:(

--nice post--totally agree

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back