OK - Bailey Thrasher, 16, stabbed to death, Mustang, 1 Sept 2007

Bobbisangel, I've been reading some comments around the internet from family members defending the father's actions. I don't get it at all. I know they are hurting and maybe they just aren't thinking straight, but if Darin was a real dad and a real man he would have wiped the earth with Roberson's face once he "found out" what was really going on. (BESIDES the fact that he shouldn't have let his baby girl move in with a full grown man!!!)

It shouldn't have mattered if Bailey wanted to tell LE what was going on or not.

:sick:

I totally agree with you. I know that Darin's sister is standing beside him and has a different story to tell but my opinion comes from the things that the dad himself said in the newspaper...it quoted him. I'm sure that he loves his children but I sure can't understand why he was so willing to let his daughter move in with that MAN. If he didn't want her there like his sister said then why didn't he go over and haul her right back home? I would have been at his door with a big cop beside me and that is the truth! I would have done whatever was necessary to keep her away from him. He was the FATHER and he was responsible for his daughter and her safety. If he didn't want to deal with her drugs, etc then maybe he should have thought about a treatment center. I don't know what I would have done that night but I wouldn't have let him take my daughter with him. I know that there were a lot of kids there and it was a dangerous situation but........

Read post 26 in this topic. AGAIN, I will say: BAILEY WAS LIVING IN AN APARTMENT WITH HER SISTER, ONLY THE SISTER AND SOME OF THEIR FEMALE FRIENDS WERE THERE WHEN SHE WAS KIDNAPPED AND MURDERED!!!

You don't have to yell at everyone to get your point across. I will say this again....first the dad let's this 13 yr old move in with a 29 yr old man. No relative...a teacher at her school who didn't want her to live with him so he could teach her math :banghead: Before she was murdered she is moving in with her sister at the age of 16 yrs. What was wrong with her living at home with her dad and siblings? Isn't that where most 13-16 yr old kids live? Why was she always moving in with someone else? At another time she was living with her aunt if memory serves me.

From what I remember the dad was there when the creep took Bailey out of the apartment. Maybe I'm wrong...I'll go check.

You are right...the father wasn't there when the perp broke into the apt. Regardless, the dad should have acted like a dad 3 years ago when Bailey was 13 yrs old and took a cop to the perps apt and forced Bailey back home. For 3 years that perp ruled Bailey's life and used her like she was a sex object. She may have wanted to go with him at 13 yrs but what 13 yr old kid knows what is best for them and why would any dad let his 13 yr old live with a 29 yr old man.
...........................................................................................................................

While police continue their investigation, Stringer said she hopes officials at the justice center learn from the “nightmare” that is happening to her family.

“We hope they do more investigating on these teachers so nobody else has to go through what we are going through,” she said.

Bailey filed a report on the perp at the end of Aug and LE was investigating. Not only should teachers be investigated but parents should also take some responsibility when they allow their kids to rule the roost. The stepmother said that one reason they let Bailey go with the perp was because they were afraid they would lose her....Good Lord! Who were the parents....who was calling the shots the kid or the parents! There are so many more options then allowing your 13 yr old to move in with a 29 yr old man. So what if she hates you for awhile. Later she would have thanked them. Only now she is gone and there is enough responsibility for what happened to her to pass around in my book

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back