GUILTY OK - Cathouse star Brooke Phillips, 3 others murdered in OKC home, 9 Nov 2009

http://kfor.com/2016/06/13/jury-set-to-deliberate-in-cathouse-murder-trial/

The jury went out around 5:30 p.m. Monday after a full day of closing arguments from the state and the defense...

The state alleges Denny was calling the shots and told Hogshooter along with two other men to execute the murder mission.

Hogshooter's attorney argued there were inconsistencies in the testimony of the state's two star witnesses - the men who already pled guilty to the crime.

Denny's attorney claimed the state's other witnesses were high on meth back when the murders happened, calling them unreliable.

The last two men to be convicted in the high-profile 2009 "Cathouse" slayings case were sentenced Friday to serve six consecutive life sentences.

Denny Edward Phillips and Russell Lee Hogshooter were found guilty by an Oklahoma County jury in June on all counts related to the murders of an Oklahoma City drug dealer and three women.
http://newsok.com/article/5513540

Well done everyone!! Sorry i dropped off this thread for a while (illness. boo. hiss) So It was nice to get home and see whats going on with this case & others. Thank you all!
Makes me proud to be a small part of this important site! xo Pam

This thread has been quiet for many years, but I'm new to WS, and wanted to clarify a few things about DAT, the man who killed most of the people in this case. As a bit of back story, I served in the US Marines for four years in the early 2000's. In that time I knew two notorious Marines, one being DAT from the Cathouse Killings, and Nathan Gale who was the shooter responsible for the deaths of several people at an Ohio concert venue, including guitarist Dimebag Darrell. I want to put out my side of the story about DAT, or the DAT that I thought I knew, and to clear up the stories he tried/his attorney tried to spin during the hearing. I realize he is in prison for life now, the case is closed, etc., but I thought I'd say my piece.

That said, I was stationed in 29 Palms, California. DAT came to my unit about a year (IIRC) after I got there. He was likable. He was a goofy dude from OK, who liked to BS with the best of them. As likeable as he was, he definitely told some tall tails. I remember him bragging that he was a mafia hitman before joining the Marines, that he could hunt deer with his bare hands, and that he had a pet mountain lion back at his home. As much as he lied, he did his job well, which was a motor-t mechanic. He was married at the time to a pretty blonde girl, but her name eludes me. I believe they were in the process of divorce just prior to or just after we deployed to Iraq. Rumors were that he was physically and verbally abusive to her

DAT was overweight by USMC standards, and was forced to PT (workout) more during a weekly basis than other Marines. He didn't like being told he was out of shape, because honestly, he was a big guy, he could run and train, but due to his weight/height, and by USMC standards, he was considered overweight. Our unit deployed to Iraq in February of 2004. We settled into our camp after a grueling 20+ hour convoy from Kuwait and into Iraq. From my recollection, due to being overweight, he wasn't allowed to go on convoys. As a matter of fact, not only could he not leave base, they continued to give him extra PT. After about two months in country, a Marine walked into his tent that he shared with DAT and multiple other Marines in the middle of the day to grab his gear. Generally, in the middle of the day, there was nobody in the tents, but when he walked in, DAT was sitting on his cot, and holding the business end of his rifle in his mouth. I don't know the exact dialog, or what words were exchanged, but DAT mentioned he was tired of being messed with over his weight, and tired of the Marine Corps. The Marine talked DAT into giving him his rifle, and he did. The Marine later said that it seemed like DAT had waited for somebody to come into the tent to witness him with the rifle in his mouth. As in, he wasn't suicidal, but knew the act alone would get him out of the Corps. He was immediately flown to Baghdad to a psychiatric facility, and a few weeks later was flown back to California, and discharged from the Marines. Not sure whether it was a Bad Conduct Discharge, Other Than Honorable, or Medical Discharge, but he was out.

For a short while he meandered around 29 Palms, and the last time I saw him he was delivering pizzas for Papa Johns. Eventually, and shortly afterwards, I was discharged and came back home. When I heard the charges against him, and what he was accused of doing later on, I was appalled, and had a hard time believing DAT would actually kill someone, let alone multiple people. However, when I saw that his defense was claiming he was having a hard time adjusting to civilian life, and that combat had caused him PTSD, I was outraged. DAT, at the most, may have experienced indirect mortar fire. DAT never saw combat, never left the base, and never discharged his rifle. For them to use that as an excuse, they should have charged him with stolen valor. He played the victim to try and avoid having to pay for what he'd done. I feel sorry for him only in the way his life turned out. He was a story-teller and a goofball, but he could have went on to do something good with his life, yet he chose murder and crime.

Thanks for hearing me out. Though this thread has gone dormant many years now, I wanted a few things known about DAT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back