OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kimster, me too. Maybe this will help. Do you know if other cases have been solved on here before? I am new to all of this and haven't had time to really read the site over well. Any info or pointers would really be appreciated. Thanks again!

Yes, there has been a missing person found with help here, but the family asked that we not discuss it. And the members here have made connections between unidentified and missing persons more than once. Another group put on the pressure to finally get a arrested. LE has also used information from WS to help create cases against criminals. :)

ETA: Here's a link to where Tricia, the owner of WS, discusses Websleuths: http://www.voiceamerica.com/voiceamerica/vshow.aspx?sid=1306

There is a case back when I was first involved with the Weleetka girls that just totally shocked me. I had formulated a theory based on other cases that were unsolved. I was up for fourty hours straight at the computer. Coffee and cigarettes. Denise Stice, the weleetka girls, Joann Stephens. (s.i.c.). American Legion Posts and VFW posts were all in the vicinity of these killings. But, I based this on what I knew about my suspect, Dan. MMD has his name. I had contacted the OSBI 3 or 4 times over the course of a few weeks, originally because Dan showed up here in my corner bar right on the heels of the weleetka girls murders, after a two year abscense. I knew enough about his habits up here to assume he was living the same way out there. Sure enough, the day I called with my theory, they pulled Joann Stephens out of a river still in her truck after missing for a year! It is one of the first questions I asked MMD when I got on here, "was your dad a member of the American Legion or VFW. Ask her youself.
Joann Stephens left her house without her purse, or cigarettes for a job at a warehouse up in Oklahoma city. She was missing for a year. Officially, they say two kids found her car sticking out of the river. Very similiar to Jody. Denise Stice was on her way to work. Found in Water. Her wedding ring was intact. Very similiar to Jody. This is why I don't think bo is involved.
All I can say is, the police, etc, need to get their game face on because there is just too much of this out there. I can't even begin to tell you how far some of this stretched. Dan's ex girlfriend was busted a few months after my tip in west branch mi, for selling cocaine out of Bucemis' pizzaria, right across the street from the Ogemaw county Sheriffs. They apparently were the only ones in town who didn't know she was a drug dealer. Everyone else did. There, I vented.

I remember when you posted all that.

Yes, it is a fairly common trade here. My dad is a welder, so is my brother, my neighbor and my best friends husband, just to name a few. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone in SE OK who doesn't have some connection to a welder??
I am sorry, I am not familiar with the other cases you mentioned. Is Taylor Placker's dad and Denice Stice's husband, persons of interest in their cases? Could be something maybe. Alot of guys around here go to the vo-tech and grow up welding. I just don't think I understand the connection, are we thinking that all the victims/or families knew someone that is a welder that killed all of them?

BBM

Not necessarily khwit ... just pointing out something of interest that may be considered as POSSIBLY relevant when we are looking at UNSOLVED homicides. No more of a coincidence than if the victims all had brown hair or 6 toes, etc.

I've tried contacting her a few times.
I ended up asking Jody's aunt if she's seen missingmydad & she said she has.

Hopefully she will check in when she's emotionally able to.

I've tried contacting her a few times.
I ended up asking Jody's aunt if she's seen missingmydad & she said she has.

Hopefully she will check in when she's emotionally able to.

Thank you for the update! :blowkiss: I also tried to contact her and didn't hear back. Let's all keep her in our thoughts and prayers! We do have a special thread for her in the Jury Room.

If you are a guest, the Jury Room is a private forum for members only. Be sure to register to be a Websleuths member today so you can also leave missingmydad a heartfelt message!

Yes, it is a fairly common trade here. My dad is a welder, so is my brother, my neighbor and my best friends husband, just to name a few. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone in SE OK who doesn't have some connection to a welder??
I am sorry, I am not familiar with the other cases you mentioned. Is Taylor Placker's dad and Denice Stice's husband, persons of interest in their cases? Could be something maybe. Alot of guys around here go to the vo-tech and grow up welding. I just don't think I understand the connection, are we thinking that all the victims/or families knew someone that is a welder that killed all of them?

kwhit23
View Public Profile
Find all posts by kwhit23
Add kwhit23 to Your Contacts

#457 Today, 07:28 PM
Well, I think what seems to connect all of these welders is the welders union or something like that. Someone at the social security office, or the insurance companiess that handle welders. That's where I'am at with it. For instance, Jody had a baby, insurance. She had post partum depression. insurance. Taylor Placker was living with her grandparents. Social Security. Joe was getting ready to retire. Social Security. Just food for thought. Joann Stephens, depressed, and according to her husband, "didn't take her pills with her." Insurance.

http://www.summerstreetcapital.com/team.asp 401 k's?

We do have a special thread for her in the Jury Room.

I checked the Jury Room and the Parking Lot and can't find the thread anywhere kimster. Do you have a link you could send me. Thanks !!

SB

Couple's death ruled a homicide

By BOB GIBBINS

TAHLEQUAH DAILY PRESS —
Investigators continue today to look for answers in a double homicide that occurred during the Christmas holiday near the Cherokee-Mayes County line.

Jack Denney, 65, and his wife, Elaine Denney, 66, were found on the floor of their home on Iron Post Road Tuesday afternoon by their daughter. Cherokee County investigators were called to the scene and requested assistance from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

OSBI Inspector Stan Florence said both victims were shot, and the case is being investigated as a double homicide. He said there was no sign of forced entry to the home.

Cherokee County Undersheriff Jason Chennault said law enforcement personnel are awaiting medical examiner reports to learn what caliber firearm inflicted the fatal wounds. Investigators also said there is no sign of a struggle and nothing appears to be missing or stolen.

Neighbors of the Denneys told reporters the couple were the nicest people around. Elaine would make handmade presents for people and they also loaned curtains and other items to help newcomers decorate their home. They were described as the "unofficial grandparents" of the neighborhood.

Chennault said the sheriff's office doesn't have that many problems in that area of the county.

Neighbors said Jack Denney recently retired from the Grand River Dam Authority and that he and Elaine were looking forward to some free time.

I think the date is Dec. 25, 2007

If someone can get word to Missingmydad - please let her know that WS did help detectives find the body of Abraham Shakespeare. I do hope she will return when she can and we can help her find her dad's killer.

If someone can get word to Missingmydad - please let her know that WS did help detectives find the body of Abraham Shakespeare. I do hope she will return when she can and we can help her find her dad's killer.

She'll be back when she's able to emotionally handle it.
I'm sure coming here and reading/answering is not easy.. probably rips her heart open.

...Do you know if other cases have been solved on here before? ...

These well-established forums are viewed by LE, and whether they are directly responsible for solving a specific crime, rest assured that all the fact-finding and ideas that show up here are useful to law enforcement.

I do worry that these forums are far too intense for family members. Even though they think they can handle it, it has to really take its toll :(

MMD, if you are still around, could you please let me know if you have a relative named Mary N and, if so, what state she lives in? Thanks !!

I do worry that these forums are far too intense for family members. Even though they think they can handle it, it has to really take its toll :(

MMD, if you are still around, could you please let me know if you have a relative named Mary N and, if so, what state she lives in? Thanks !!

Hello there! I am back. I just had a rough couple of months. I think I am doing better. I have a couple relatives with that name, all in Oklahoma. One actually passed away in a car wreck. She is buried right next to my dad. Does that name mean anything I may need to know? I have not had that question asked before so I am curious. Thank you so much. Let me know if I can help. I will try to get on here a little more often.

{{{{{{Missingmydad}}}}}}}} I just missed you in the Jury Room! I am so glad you are here! :blowkiss: Members have been working hard to help you and we've missed you!

There have been a lot of arrests in other cases lately which gives me so much hope that there will be an arrest soon in your dad's case! :hug:

She'll be back when she's able to emotionally handle it.
I'm sure coming here and reading/answering is not easy.. probably rips her heart open.

I am back, its been rough, but I am doing better now. Even though this is hard, I would walk through fire everyday, if its going to help my dad. Thanks so much for the prayers. I am going to go back and get caught up ans start answering what I can. Thanks, love you guys!

missingmydad, its been 25days....any updates possible?

UPDATES: I am back, and I am okay. I had a news interview with Channel 40/29 News out of Ft Smith Ark. yesterday. The big story is going to air on Monday night at 10 pm. This is also about Jody Wilson too. They are talking to the families about the time that has gone by. How it has affected us, etc. I will try to read and get caught up. I am really sorry I left you guys hanging. I have had a rough month, then me and kids been sick, too. I still do not have any other news. The rumors and everything have just hushed. I will see where the news story leads and let you know. Thank you all again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid