OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there! I am back. I just had a rough couple of months. I think I am doing better. I have a couple relatives with that name, all in Oklahoma. One actually passed away in a car wreck. She is buried right next to my dad. Does that name mean anything I may need to know? I have not had that question asked before so I am curious. Thank you so much. Let me know if I can help. I will try to get on here a little more often.

Hi MMD ... it's good to hear from you. Take it real easy in this place, okay.

Last nite, I was sleuthing Facebook on the Szczepanik surname (missing Nebraska family) and came across the Jamison surname, one of whom had a FB connection to a Mary N (no location in her profile). Now today, I can't find it, but am still looking. Profile showed a very white-haired, grandmotherly looking lady, about 70 to 80. If I can find it again, I will definitely get it to you.

ETA: Good Lord ... I just looked up, and see I had made that discovery on Feb 1 NOT last nite !! Time flies in this place :)

mmd says she and her sister didn't know how much money was in the safe, so it really bugs me who did know in order to inform le how much was missing.

It has been stated in jody's thread that she apparently knew the owners of "the bar" in poteau, and supposedly it was sold shortly after jody went missing on may 5. Wondering if joe was interested in buying that business, and somebody else didn't want that to happen.

Also, any idea how old joe's gf is, and what her criminal record is for? She sure has been kept out of the picture for some reason. Gotta wonder who she knows :waitasec:

Moo

not sure how the amount was determined. I have heard jody went to "the bar" and thats the name of it. Not sure of when this sold, but several bar maids from dads bar went to work there after dads murder, because we locked the doors and have not reopened. I heard she went to dads too but not as often. Dad was not going to buy another bar. The one he had kept him too busy. I still do not know what he bought at napa. Dads gf is only a few years older than me. I think maybe 45 and i am 38. I think she has some traffic tickets and dui on her record. Nothing else that i know of. She has not contacted us in several months. I think she has new bf.

{{{{{{missingmydad}}}}}}}} i just missed you in the jury room! I am so glad you are here! :blowkiss: Members have been working hard to help you and we've missed you!

There have been a lot of arrests in other cases lately which gives me so much hope that there will be an arrest soon in your dad's case! :hug:
hugs to you, thank you so much, we are hoping that the news story on monday night will give us more insight.

hugs to you, thank you so much, we are hoping that the news story on monday night will give us more insight.

I sure would like to watch that monday, but short of driving all the way to Ok. no way Jose'.

UPDATES: I am back, and I am okay. I had a news interview with Channel 40/29 News out of Ft Smith Ark. yesterday. The big story is going to air on Monday night at 10 pm.
That's great MMD! It's SO important to keep your story out there, and I'm so pleased the press has agreed to do the story.
Could you please post the link, if they post it on their website?

Thanks, and it's good to see you back :grouphug:

MMD, great to hear youre back, and glad youre doing better...Is the red truck in the pictures at joes bar his gfs? (http://www.4029tv.com/news/19467846/detail.html#)

have you tried to have any information released by police on suspects, evidence, etc?

Also, monday i can check places like justin.tv, etc, ill look for a hosted weblink.

from the first page link..."Curnutt said the saloon was equipped with security cameras, but authorities have yet to review any footage."http://www.4029tv.com/news/19467846/detail.html

and from jody rilee wilson post #66..."Investigators are hopeful they will be able to check surveillance video to see who might have left the SUV behind."http://www.4029tv.com/news/19728819/detail.html

Maybe you should check the status of the security footage. JMO

from the first page link..."Curnutt said the saloon was equipped with security cameras, but authorities have yet to review any footage."http://www.4029tv.com/news/19467846/detail.html

and from jody rilee wilson post #66..."Investigators are hopeful they will be able to check surveillance video to see who might have left the SUV behind."http://www.4029tv.com/news/19728819/detail.html

Maybe you should check the status of the security footage. JMO

Why have they not reveiwed the footage yet? What are they waiting on ? Is it run by a computer and it was password protected? they could get past a password. Or is it something else like the security footage is missing and they can not locate it to reveiw it but do not want that public to know that?

Why have they not reveiwed the footage yet? What are they waiting on ? Is it run by a computer and it was password protected? they could get past a password. Or is it something else like the security footage is missing and they can not locate it to reveiw it but do not want that public to know that?

Those are old articles from last May and June, soulmagent. Hopefully they have been able to find something by now. And yes, I would say IF they gleaned anything from them, they are keeping it quiet so as not to alert any POIs.

Just saw the promo for "Who Killed Joe Neff?" tonight at 10:00 on 40/29. It's a great, intriguing promo, and I think lots of people will watch the show. I'd certainly tune into it, even if I didn't already know about the case. Hope it brings in some leads!

I sure am praying that this will bring some answers for MMD and family....please, dear God, make the appropriate person(s) come forward and divulge the necessary info to LE.

(Confession is good for the soul)

Just saw the promo for "Who Killed Joe Neff?" tonight at 10:00 on 40/29. It's a great, intriguing promo, and I think lots of people will watch the show. I'd certainly tune into it, even if I didn't already know about the case. Hope it brings in some leads!

Have to switch to my windows computer to view this video

Who killed Joe Neff?

Still No Leads In Slaying Of Poteau Bar Owner
Jo Neff Was Found Shot To Death In May 2009
POSTED: 4:39 pm CST February 8, 2010
UPDATED: 11:10 pm CST February 8, 2010

POTEAU, Okla. --
A local family continues the fight for answers, hoping their loved one's killer will be revealed.

On May 14, 2009, police uncovered a bloody crime scene inside the Long Branch Saloon, off Highway 59 in Poteau, Okla. The owner, Joe Neff, was missing and later found dead. Nearly 9 months later, the investigation has turned into a cold case.

On May 13, 2009, Marie Pitchford was on the phone with her dad, Joe Neff.

"I would go, 'Dad, it's your favorite daughter,' and he would go, "Well hello, Shawna.'”

Marie hung up the phone that night not knowing that was the last time she would ever speak to her father.

"I mean -- had I known, I wouldn't have hung up," she said.

the next day, she was at work when her sister told her there was an emergency.

"She got a phone call, and someone had told her. They found blood on his cowboy hat in the bar," Marie said.

As marie and Shawna drove to their father's bar in poteau, Marie wasn't prepared for what she was about to see.

"Sheriff's tape, the police line, do not cross -- at that moment, it was real. I begged them to let me across to see if it was really his hat," Marie said.

The Leflore County Sheriff's Department said it was Neff's girlfriend who came to open the bar that day. She found blood inside, and Neff's trademark cowboy hat had been left behind.

Neff's SUV was still parked outside of the bar, but he was nowhere to be found.

There is a surveillance camera that still remains in the bar. While police were investigating the crime last year, they said hey had the tape from this system. However, they would never say if it captured what happened in the bar. Neff's daughter said she's accepted that answer.

"I would not do anything to jeopardize the case. If it means me not knowing anything right now, I'm OK with that," Marie said.

The day Neff disappeared, witnesses told investigators they saw an older model red pickup parked at the bar. That vehicle has never been found, police said.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/22503039/detail.html

With all due respect, it makes no damn sense why the police have sat on those tapes for nine months. There is only one reason I can think of, and I don't like it. Bull crap.

I know sameole I was thinking the same thing. If there is anything on those tapes such as description and such they should at least be releasing something, very frustrating. I would think I would insist on viewing them if I was family. You don't have to share what you know but at least you would know. There is either something there or not. Bull carp is right !

The problem with the tapes are easy, MMD i sincerely believe evidence should be proven or disproved by now....ESPECIALLY since it says "still no leads"

I understand not releasing all information, but there are a lot of things are being ignored, (tapes, gfs name, etc)

Hi MMD -

Did the news story help generate any activity on the case?

Hang in there Girl. Sadly, sometimes we never get the answers. But I hope they get the killer for your Family. I still wonder how they know what was taken from the safe?

Hi, MMD.....

We won't forget about your dad and your quest for justice on his behalf. How was the television coverage?

Am praying for answers for Joe and his family.....I have faith that answers will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname