GUILTY OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #2

yes we do, i am open for ideas, but what are we going to do? even if we find something incriminating you need the law enforc to do the job of making arrest and conviction. what a joke, we need more than help we need a miracle. i sure am glad God still does them! :angel:

Hi Marie...

You have my prayers for a miracle and I have no doubt that it will happen. I can't believe otherwise. The Lord works in mysterious ways......

We're still here for you (and your dad)!!

Blondie

Sadly, today is the one-year anniversary of Joe's murder. I'm sending out more prayers for him and Marie.

Whatever money they stole from Joe is long gone....and I'm sure the peretrator has long since moved on to other victims. I wouldn't be surprised if we're reading about them on these threads.

Rest in peace, Joe. We'll keep up the fight for justice for you and Marie.

Sending you warm thoughts for strength and closure on this anniversary. It seems inconceivable that it has been a year and nothing has happened, but here we are. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and your dad today, Marie.

I wish so much that I lived close enough to come out and support the family at the memorial service. I will certainly be there in spirit!

I am so sorry that there isn't a way to help you yet.
Thinking about you.

My thoughts are with you and your family, MMD, on this difficult anniversary. :hug:

Thinking of you MMD. Just know that lots of birth Oklahomans, and some of us who just happen to be living here, like me (big shout-out to you from up here in Miami today), and people all over this great land of ours are thinking about you too. This will Will WILL get done. We will get justice.

Thank you everyone, I made it through the vigil. Here is a clip from channel 5 they were there and there was another station there too I will find it and post it tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers, I certainly needed them. this is the candlelight vigil....

http://www.kfsm.com/news/rivervalley/kfsm-news-joe-neff-vigil,0,7212838.story

http://www.4029tv.com/video/23563622/index.html

http://www.4029tv.com/video/23561593/index.html

thanks everybody, good night, with no sleep last night, I may actually sleep tonight.

Hugs to you mmd !! I know your Daddy is up there smiling down on you and loving you as always.

Marie....thank you so much for posting the videos of the memorial....what a beautiful tribute to your wonderful dad. What loving friends... and you, as always, continue to make your dad proud. Oh how I wish I could have been there for you.

As difficult as that was to read, it feels like the first factual information released in this case. I sure hope that LE already told the family this stuff before it was published in the newspaper!

I hope so too, SF

So sorry to have to type this stuff, knowing that mmd is reading here :(

We've probably covered this in the earlier threads, but there is something in the sequence of events that is bugging me. It's even a bit bumbled up in my own brain, so hope it makes sense to others:

There is no indication of any injury other than that single, fatal gunshot wound. The significant blood loss at the bar seems to indicate Joe was shot at that location while bound and taped (no need to bind and tape someone AFTERWARDS). If Joe had the large amount of money from the home safe with him, they could have just subdued him, taken the money and run .. unless it was someone Joe knew and they could not leave him alive to identify them? Why why why remove Joe from the bar? That would be the most difficult aspect of the entire crime.

1) Maybe the perp(s) needed to put some time/distance between the bar and Joe's home. They needed time between the crime scene being discovered and Joe's body being found, both being factors that drew attention AWAY from Joe's home. Or

2) maybe they removed Joe from the bar simply because they were concerned about their DNA being on him as a result of the altercation, and their DNA might be easily discoverable within a close circle of family/friends who might reasonably be asked to provide a sample .. or

3) maybe they were strangers to Joe, but someone with DNA already in the databank.

With no evidence being found at Joe's home, I suspect the perps got the home safe combination and home office key from Joe at the bar before they shot him, dropped his body off, cleaned themselves up, and went to Joe's home when they knew nobody would be there ... in the couple of days after Joe's death and prior to the home office/safe being discovered by family. In this scenario, I am much more apt to think it would be someone who was normally in Joe's home so their DNA found there would not raise any suspicion if found at the home.

Still just maybes and ifs, but this recent info brings us back to those tragic moments in time.

mmd .. my heart hurts so badly for you when i type this stuff

IMO, the person(s) responsible for Mr. Neffs death, definitely knew him. The motive was robbery and they felt they had no choice in killing him because of the fact that he could identify them. It makes me sick to think that someone as kind and loving as Mr. Neff would lose his life all because of some creep was to lazy to make an honest living.

IIRC, NAPA was the last stop on Joe's morning errands before heading to the saloon. It seems it is formally referred to as Eddy's NAPA Auto Parts. I've tried to bring it up on Street View but S. McKenna St hasn't been imaged that far. Anyone know how far it is from Joe's saloon?

I hope so too, SF

So sorry to have to type this stuff, knowing that mmd is reading here :(

We've probably covered this in the earlier threads, but there is something in the sequence of events that is bugging me. It's even a bit bumbled up in my own brain, so hope it makes sense to others:

There is no indication of any injury other than that single, fatal gunshot wound. The significant blood loss at the bar seems to indicate Joe was shot at that location while bound and taped (no need to bind and tape someone AFTERWARDS). If Joe had the large amount of money from the home safe with him, they could have just subdued him, taken the money and run .. unless it was someone Joe knew and they could not leave him alive to identify them? Why why why remove Joe from the bar? That would be the most difficult aspect of the entire crime.

Still just maybes and ifs, but this recent info brings us back to those tragic moments in time.

mmd .. my heart hurts so badly for you when i type this stuff

The time frame still bothers me, too. Everything happened in about 40 minutes, as far as we know. That kind of implies that this was PLANNED, because they would have had to ambush Joe right away in order to subdue him, bind his hands & feet, etc., then still remove him from the bar. That's an awful lot to do in less than an hour with the bar about to open.

Just sickening to think of it, and MMD, sorry to post this.... my heart hurts for you too.

Dear Marie,

Thanks for the video links. Also viewed the Facebook pages. THANK YOU for sharing. Seems everyone loved and respected your Dad.

I am curious though, did T.A.M. (seen leaving your father's house early that morning by either your brother in law or your hubby?) show up for the vigil on the 14th? Has that person been helpful in any way?

IIRC, NAPA was the last stop on Joe's morning errands before heading to the saloon. It seems it is formally referred to as Eddy's NAPA Auto Parts. I've tried to bring it up on Street View but S. McKenna St hasn't been imaged that far. Anyone know how far it is from Joe's saloon?

SillyBilly,

MMD's post #69 from the first thread says that the Napa store is about 7 minutes from the bar.

Hope that helps.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back