OK - Five Bever family members slain in their Broken Arrow home, 22 July 2015 *Guilty*

Thank God the 13 year old was able to dial 911! The boys were still in the house, so that makes me think they didn't spare the baby just out of the goodness of their hearts. The BAPD showed up and surprised them, so they ran out of the back of the house.

Yeah, for some reason "drugs" aren't on my radar at all. I also don't think the 18 year old looks like a meth user in his mug shot. If that family held everyone so close to the vest and didn't allow the kids to associate with other kids in the neighborhood, or have a social life at school, I doubt he had any chance to get his hands on drugs, especially meth. I grew up here and raised my son here...seems alcohol, weed, and pills are the most common things teenagers get into trouble with here.

I think this is about the family dynamics. Not sure yet how it plays into these boys' motives, but I'll bet it has a lot to do with this tragedy.

BBM - I think this is probably going to be a touchy subject for me because we are a homeschooling family. I just want to point out that even though the neighbors didn't see the kids interacting with other kids in the neighborhood, doesn't mean the kids don't have a social life.

My kids have played with the kids in our neighborhood, but the older ones always come home and say they don't want to. The neighborhood kids swear a lot, and talk about sex constantly, and my boys just don't want to be like that. I respect their decisions and it makes me proud that they want to distance themselves from that.

But my kids have lots of friends, and are really active in sports and other activities outside of our neighborhood. Just throwing it out there.

I have no doubt that an 18 year old who has his license can get his hands on drugs. No doubt.

Having said all of that, I know our family dynamic is different than theirs (wow - I really HOPE it is!) so who knows what went on inside that home. For 2 boys to kill their family just defies logic.

So something was off, but my main thought is....I just don't want people to blame homeschooling and perceived socialization without having more information.

In recent cases where teens have murdered their family the motive is just as mind blowing as the murders themselves. The 18 year old didn't do this by himself and the 16 year old was involved.

I think the negativity against home schooling is unwarranted. I know many who have been home schooled who live very normal lives and even attended high schools and belong to other sports activities. Most of them scored much higher on their tests than those going to a public school. A lot of reasons for home schooling now is due to the public school systems having so much violence and bullying in them. Plus drugs and alcohol are also easy to get.

I will not besmirch these parents who are victims and also their small children. Lately I have seen teens murdering for the most stupid of reasons such as believing if everyone else is dead in their family they can get the house and money and live as they please. Or because the parent/s took away one of their materialistic toys such as computer, video games or X-box. They also have murdered their parents and siblings because they didn't want to do chores or have any responsibilities whatsoever. Or they didn't get their way about something they wanted to do.

Just because these parents home schooled their children does not make them bad parents. It is dismaying to me to see some implying it must have been something the parents did to cause this as if to say the parents brought this on themselves. UGH! Well what about the young children that they murdered and attempted to murder?

Personally, I don't care what their motive was and I hope each one gets the harshest punishment allowed by law. The 18 year old could have left home and there was nothing the parents could do about it. Instead he stayed so he could slaughter them all along with his 16 year old brother.

Now I have no doubt because they have silenced the parents by murdering them they will try to demonize them. My hope is the survivor will be able to tell the truth. How horrible it must feel to know your own brothers tried their best to kill you. It takes a cold unfeeling heart to murder small innocent children who are your very own siblings.

I have seen many interviews over the years of teen murderers who wiped out their entire family and they don't have one bit of remorse. In fact most tell the interviewer that they don't even think about the victims anymore.:(

Does OK have the death penalty for the 18 year old is of legal age?

I saw a drastic change in the 18 year olds mug shot. I wonder if he was into drugs. He no longer looks healthy like he did in his prior FB photo.

IMO

They'll most likely need to bulldoze that house.
Maybe turn it into a memorial site ?

Not in that neighborhood. IMO

ETA: the crime scene tape is already down. People around there want everything nice and normal.

My family belongs to the Indian Springs Country Club and this is all everyone is talking about. My husband actually had the father as a contact on LinkedIn. A few people have said they'd seen them swimming at the pool a few times but they stayed pretty much to themselves. Not sure if they were actual members or guests. Nobody seems to know anything about them except they were big into Rhema church.

BROKEN ARROW, Okla. – Oklahoma police responding to a 911 call in which no one spoke found a gruesome scene at a suburban Tulsa home — five members of a family dead or dying from stabbing and a sixth wounded but alive near the front door.

Broken Arrow Police Cpl. Leon Calhoun said Thursday that two teenage sons were apprehended and expected to be charged in the deaths of their parents, three siblings and an attack on a fourth sibling. A fifth sibling, a 2-year-old girl, was found unharmed and transferred to state custody.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...portedly-arrested-in-deaths-5-family-members/

image.jpg

Mugshot of the adult (18 year old) brother.

I'm thinking meth.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/five-dead-broken-arrow-oklahoma-two-teens-detained-n396961

Police identified the 18-year-old suspect as Robert Bever but did not identify the 16-year-old. Detectives believe "several types of weapons were used," Calhoun said, including a small hatchet and knives.

The two adults slain were identified by police as David Bever, 52, and April Bever, 44. The names of the other victims were not released. Calhoun said the dead children were tentatively identified as a 5-year-old female, a 7-year-old male, and a 12-year-old male.

The 18yr old definitely has the face of meth, or heroin but probably meth.

I read somewhere that's just blood spatter on his face. I'll look for link.
Ok it's "mud" not blood.

"His hair is disheveled, there's dirt on his face, and in his eyes, a calmness, and his mouth..."
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/2265...ulsa-suburb-struggles-cope-horrors-found-home

In a mug shot released by the Broken Arrow police late Thursday, Robert Bever's face appears to be dirty and his hair is ruffled.
http://www.ktul.com/story/29622206/who-is-robert-bever

ETA: from above article
"Law enforcement sources say one of the siblings has given a full confession, stating that the murders were planned and that the killing wasn't supposed to end at the home. The confession, News Channel 8 has been told, was given matter of factly, with no hint of compassion or remorse."

So... Where were they headed next???
Sure sounds like drugs may have been involved. I know of kids that were home schooled that got involved in drugs.

(I homeschooled my kids- so I am not blaming that on this situation)

Something else was going on in the home or with the boys.
Imo

I suspect blood splatter :( but do not know if there is a link. That was my own opinion but I could not verify it as fact.

ETA some may be scratches but if so they may be wounds he received from his victims as they attempted to ward him off. Again, just me speculating, no link to back it up.

On Thursday evening, officials told KTUL that they had received a full confession from Robert Bever and said that he showed no remorse as he admitted to stabbing his mother, father and three younger siblings to death.

Authorities also told the station that Bever claimed the murders were "just the beginning" of a series of killings planned outside the family. The extent of these plans remains unclear.

http://www.people.com/article/oklahoma-stabbings-robert-bever-has-given-full-confession-report

JMO
I have been thinking about his dirty face for a long time and it finally dawned on me why his face is all "dirty". I bet while he was trying to hide from officers he purposely put mud on his face as a sort of ad-hoc camoflauge.

Maybe using dirt as a Makeshift Face Camo like Rambo.?

I suspect blood splatter :( but do not know if there is a link. That was my own opinion but I could not verify it as fact.

ETA some may be scratches but if so they may be wounds he received from his victims as they attempted to ward him off. Again, just me speculating, no link to back it up.

It could be dried blood too like you mention.

Maybe a little of both. Im kinda leaning towards the boy pretending he was rambo and putting mud on his face.
I do see what I think are a few dried spots of blood too like in middle of chin.

While I respect your opinion, HoneyWest, he could walk 2 houses down and find meth or crack or pills in this day and age. And despite being homeschooled and all the negativity that condemns the family with that, the oldest did participate in local educational programs and talk to people outside the house. See mikkismom post on page 2. Alcohol would be even easier. I grew up a few miles from there, 81st and Memorial. Alcohol and pills could mess him up enough to do something. Or an undiagnosed mental illness with a psychotic break. Or some combo.

Re BBM

IMO, I do think it is the bolded reason and not drugs. I saw an interview with the neighbor last night and the way the neighbor talked about the boy I got a sense he was hinting at some sort of mental issue.

I may have been reading into it too much but it was how it came across to me.

While I respect your opinion, HoneyWest, he could walk 2 houses down and find meth or crack or pills in this day and age. And despite being homeschooled and all the negativity that condemns the family with that, the oldest did participate in local educational programs and talk to people outside the house. See mikkismom post on page 2. Alcohol would be even easier. I grew up a few miles from there, 81st and Memorial. Alcohol and pills could mess him up enough to do something. Or an undiagnosed mental illness with a psychotic break. Or some combo.

I think you hit the nail on the head about mental illness and psychotic break. That makes sense to me.

So they were serial or spree murderer wannabees?

I have read in some past cases that sometimes when someone is planning on murdering people in mass the first thing they will do before they leave home is to kill all of their family members first. I really think the two planned on murdering everyone, including the two year old, but were interrupted when the police arrived.

I am not the least bit surprised to learn that the confessor showed no remorse. Most who do hideous murderers like this of their own family members never show remorse.

I don't think mental illness is at play in this case. It seems the older brothers living in the home got together and plotted and carried these murders out.

Thank goodness the 13 year old was able to dial 911. I think she not only saved her own life but the two year old's life as well. And now that we know they were plotting to murder other people outside of the home she also saved those people's life.

What is so obvious to me is how different the 18 year old looks in his mug shot. I am not sure that is dirt on his face although I am sure that is a smirk :( which comes across as demonic imo. He seems to have some scabs on his face. His looks reminds me of the photos I have seen of those who are on meth or some other poisonous illegal drug. If I looked at his FB photo I wouldn't even recognize this is the same guy in the mug shot. He looks sweaty/oily too. Do meth heads sweat? He looks much older than 18 to me. Sort of gaunt, dried up and overall unhealthy.

If he can smirk in his mug shot knowing what he and his brother have done, I think he is a narcissistic psychopath, and if so, he will never exhibit any remorse for the unforgivable thing he has done to his own family. I have kept up with many murderers who wipeout their families and one consistent denominator seems to be they show no remorse...not even years later when they have had time to reflect on what they have done.

May God be with the extended families of the victims who were so cruelly and heinously murdered. I pray for a full recovery of the 13 year old who really became a hero and at least saved the toddler and will be able to speak the truth and not what the murderers will make up as excuses.

In the cases I have seen when a teen killer/s try to murder everyone in their home it is usually because they stupidly believe they will inherit the home and all assets.

IMO

I have never been so terribly hit by a crime like this one, just nothing about it makes any sense to me at all... these boys seem to have come from a loving, happy, healthy home and it wasn't just one of them but both of them, if they could kill off their whole family what made them even trust in each other??

I wonder if possibly they have brain damage from huffing freon? I was reading some of the mom's comments on reddit and at one point they had to have some sort of locks put on their ac unit, she indicated it was kids going to the park (apparently there's a public access beside their home?) but maybe it was her own kids? I just don't know... this thread here where she commented was especially chilling/heartbreaking to me: https://www.***********/r/Frugal/comments/2r7uhv/is_remaining_child_free_the_most_frugal_way_to_be/ "I would never give up having any of my children so I could have more money. They are amazing people and the world will benefit by having them in it. And nothing I could buy or invest in could compare to giving a person a chance to have a life."

...elsewhere she talks about going overboard spoiling her kids for christmas, according to her facebook she follows Dayna Martin who is an advocate for *extremely* permissive parenting, in another forum she was talking about trying to balance time with her family and visiting her newborn (the now 2yo) in NICU... this just doesn't sound at all like a reclusive abusive home, far from it....??

David and April Bever and their children two sons aged 12 and 7 and a daughter age 5, were stabbed to death in their home Wednesday night. Police told FOX23 one of the young sons called 911 and said his brother was attacking him and his family. Police said someone then took the phone from the boy and said hello and then hung up.

Police originally thought the caller was the 13-year-old girl that survived.
- See more at: http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/five-dead-broken-arrow-homicide/nm5LJ/#sthash.1hfox42B.dpuf

They are now reporting that one of the sons called 911 before dying....this is my old hometown.........so sad for my broken arrow family

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back