OK - Five Bever family members slain in their Broken Arrow home, 22 July 2015 *Guilty*

A lot of teens have too much time on their hands,

Having a goal of slaughtering is just not your average kid's dream.

Killing younger sibs. Wow. That is so psycho. They killed them up close and personal.

And they planned it for a time period. SMH

Excellent point. I never considered that. LE would know rather quickly if that is the case.

Wonder if we can watch for the other charges to be able to tell anything.

I hope the brother gets good lawyer representation if he was joining him out of fear.

Its such a tragedy all around. I worry so much about the surviving older girl. She is going to need a lot of help.
16yr charged as adult. There must be a lot more evidence plus the surviving child's statement about what really happened. The confessions, plenty of time for the 16yr to claim fear for his life maybe he was too busy smirking also. Jmo

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-oklahoma-stabbings-20150726-story.html

ciao

I knew it! I knew it would be some weird, horrible motive. From the links provided here it appears that the older brother was narcissistic and stated he hated all others to a coworker. Yup, the older brother felt above others and looked down on people as inferior. He and the 16 year old were said to be close. The older one basically fed the younger on hate and violence. In my opinion they killed their family so horribly with knives and hatchets instead of guns to glorify to the world how sadistic they were and "worse than the Columbine killers." They just wanted gore and death because all of us people are just so beneath them.

A lot of teens have too much time on their hands,

Having a goal of slaughtering is just not your average kid's dream.

Killing younger sibs. Wow. That is so psycho. They killed them up close and personal.

And they planned it for a time period. SMH

Of course many teens do have too much time on their hands but they don't take up their time plotting mass murders either and these two did. I imagine they will even find notes/planning list and maybe even a list of intended targets. Usually these serial or mass murderer wannabee makes detailed notes

I don't think anyone here believes this is the average dreams of teens but we have seen teen mass shooters before who had the same dreams. I think typical teen would be more apt than 'normal.' Most teens do not commit acts of violence. I don't consider these type of killers abnormal which implies they were mentally ill at the time. IMO, both of them will be ruled competent to stand trial. They were very mindful of what they had done was wrong, and that is why they cowardly tried to flee when the police showed up. No longer were they tough guys slaughtering innocent people.

So in that respect they aren't any different than the other teens who plotted to murder people in mass with many carrying them out and others being foiled by LE. Some even murder their family members first before leaving home to carryout the plan to murder more. So this has happened before.

There have been several teens cases right here where teens wanted to go out and kill someone just to know what it felt like.

I think the weapons used was because that is all they had at the time. That is why it was a up close and personal method of killing the parents and siblings. The first ones they would kill would be the adults. They probably killed them both at the same time with one brother killing one parent and one killing the other. The small children wouldn't be any match for either of them.

One of the saddest part of this case is the little brother calling 911 and had died by the time LE got there. He died a hero and was trying to save his family.:(

I was talking with my family about this. They felt that the killers used knives cuz it is quiet whereas shots would call attention.

The older boy has those Adam Lanza eyes

This is so sad and horrific.

I don't know if the older boy has the Adam Lanza eyes because their expressions are so different (creepy in different ways), but the younger brother's mugshot frightens me more.

16yr charged as adult. There must be a lot more evidence plus the surviving child's statement about what really happened. The confessions, plenty of time for the 16yr to claim fear for his life maybe he was too busy smirking also. Jmo

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-oklahoma-stabbings-20150726-story.html

ciao

Thank you.

It is a miracle the thirteen year old lived. She wouldn't have though if the police hadn't come as quickly as they did. It wasn't because they didn't try. It reminds me somewhat of when Guy Heinz Jr murdered 8 family members and he also tried to murder a young child and left him with brain damage.:(

I read an article earlier this year about a 9 year old who was a sociopath. It shows they become sociopaths long before they turn 18 and can legally be labeled as one.

With the confessor having absolutely no remorse it is a trait seen in a narcissistic sociopath.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn the other brother is also stoic, and remorseless. That seems to be a common denominator when teens murder their families. Of course he may fake being remorseful but usually it comes across a flat even when they pretend.

This is so sad and horrific.

I don't know if the older boy has the Adam Lanza eyes because their expressions are so different (creepy in different ways), but the younger brother's mugshot frightens me more.

I don't think he has Lanza eyes either. They do look hard and cold and do go along with his evil smirk in his mug shot.

He seems to look more like a drug addict to me than someone like Lanza.

I don't think he has Lanza eyes either. They do look hard and cold and do go along with his evil smirk in his mug shot.

He seems to look more like a drug addict to me than someone like Lanza.

To me he looks unhinged (but why or from what I couldn't guess), but the younger brother looks ice cold and dangerous. IMO anyway. I'm no expert at mug shots.

I was talking with my family about this. They felt that the killers used knives cuz it is quiet whereas shots would call attention.

The older boy has those Adam Lanza eyes

Good thought because that is a town and neighborhood where gunshots aren't normally heard. They also might have used knives on their family because they needed to kill their parents first to get to any guns kept in the house.

They sure ordered a lot of ammunition. Did they find out about the order because of the murders and found it on their computer? Or is LE notified when someone orders a big amount of ammo online? Did I make sense? Just curious.

This is truly disturbing,that you can attack and kill your mother,father,and siblings and have no remorse.Just that dumb smirk on his face.I would love to know what the professionals say when they evaluate them.I would love to have been in that room when they were questioned,except I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut.

This is truly disturbing,that you can attack and kill your mother,father,and siblings and have no remorse.Just that dumb smirk on his face.I would love to know what the professionals say when they evaluate them.I would love to have been in that room when they were questioned,except I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut.

I wouldn't have been able to keep my hands to myself.

With the attitude Robert Bever has he will never make it in prison.He will soon find out what it's like to be around the big boys and gang members.Yep,his punishment awaits him.

Whatever it ends up being the fact he convinced his younger brother to join him is a huge sign to me.

Respectfully snipped, I don't believe that we know for sure that the older brother did convince the younger brother, do we?

Children do not arise out of a vacuum. Just as parents take credit for successes, they have to take credit for issues.

Ah! Interesting statement, and put that way, makes sense, but I do not take credit for my children's successes. That is all them, what ever they achieve is theirs, I am proud of them and may have even had a hand in helping them along, but they are individuals and the same for the issues (excepting genetics of course).

If by mental problem you mean mental illness I would respectfully disagree. It's possible for a parent with a mental illness to do a great job raising his or her children without any spit ever hitting the fan.

Well said, I agree 100%. Also, children who have issues do not normally "hit a wall" and do what these children did. Clearly this was no "normal situation". Mental illness is genetic too. I have to believe it played a roll, in one form or another here.

For what it is worth, I think that both of the boys were in shock, when talking about the mug shots, especially the older brother, who's first mug shot was posted that day. I was taken off guard when so many started pointing to drugs etc right off the bat (it is completely possible, just so fast to judge). I firmly believe that no one knows what goes on in another family's house, not neighbors, not extended family, not anyone they do not choose to share with.

One other thing, I would be willing to bet that our neighbors think we are "outcasts" and "unsociable", we aren't, but we are not friendly with them, they are cliquish and after attempting to socialize over a couple of years, we decided they were not the people for us. We do socialize, but not within our area, nor will you ever see us outside a lot in public view, we prefer privacy and stick to our back yard and more private areas around our home. We are friendly and wave etc, but aren't friends with our neighbors.

This case is just too close to home for me. My heart breaks for the two survivors and their other family members who are left to try and comprehend these senseless murders.

When children kill, it is never easy to figure out a cause. It is difficult to fathom children could carry out such a bloody, brutal, and sadistic event. It remains clear they were capable and determined as what they did was physically demanding as well as it required the mental capacity for continuing to stab loved ones, one right after the other. There was no remorse or they would have stopped. They were not going to stop until the police came and interrupted their killing spree. They were prepared to take more lives after their so-called soft targets. The order of the arsenal to arrive at the house the next day paints a very clear picture of their future plans and also lays it bare to note they would have willingly stayed in the house with the bodies of their dead family in a blood bath.

There is no remorse. There is no way to justify or to lessen the culpability of their actions. One is not a leader and the other a follower, in my mind. They acted in concert. They are both going to burn for their actions and rightfully so.

I am anxious to find out who they were planning on taking out next and their plans of how to do it. Would it include my loved ones who could have been at the wrong place at the wrong time? Would it include my friends or other acquaintances in the area?

I am horrified. I am angry. And most of all...I am saddened there are children in this world with no compassion, no sense of loyalty, and have nothing but black souls where hearts should be. Monsters.

Children do not arise out of a vacuum. Just as parents take credit for successes, they have to take credit for issues.

To a degree. But most people who are abused (even horribly abused) grow up and move beyond that -- they are good people who'd never hurt anyone or commit crimes/abuse. Do their parents take credit for those successes? I don't think they should, personally, and I also don't think that it's necessarily the parents' fault when a kid goes terribly, horribly wrong.

Given that both siblings were involved, they killed their younger siblings and they were planning on killing many more (to all appearances), I'm just not so sure that this one can be tied up with a neat bow and set under the "parental abuse/home school isolation/etc." canopy.

To a degree. But most people who are abused (even horribly abused) grow up and move beyond that -- they are good people who'd never hurt anyone or commit crimes/abuse. Do their parents take credit for those successes? I don't think they should, personally, and I also don't think that it's necessarily the parents' fault when a kid goes terribly, horribly wrong.

Given that both siblings were involved, they killed their younger siblings and they were planning on killing many more (to all appearances), I'm just not so sure that this one can be tied up with a neat bow and set under the "parental abuse/home school isolation/etc." canopy.

This discussion hs been on here many times. I have asked the question and never received an answer. Please name one killer who came from a loving family. No, not Bundy or Dahmer.

You cannot raise a child in a toxic environment and expesct the child to come out without issues.

It is true that most abused children don't become killers, but I bet they all have issues, be it of depressiom, drug use ( that includes alcohol) , eating disorders, failed relaitionships, difficulties with jobs, prison for other issues, and so on. There is a price the child pays .

I have not seen a parent who does not feel that they provided support for a child to succeed whether that is beining them to lessons, providing opportunities, reading to them, etc.

I joined a closed group on FB related to the case. Just search"Robert and Michael Bever discussion".

An alleged cousin of April had been posting. She says the sister's neck was cut. She also did not know of any mental illness regarding Robert. It sounds like the brothers were wearing some sort of clothing to protect themselves.

His eyes do look similar and strange.

We have talked before about certain phsychotic killer eyes and I am really beginning to think there may be some biologic correlation to large protruding eyes. Something like "hyperthyroid" or maybe something else?

Its just too much of a coincidence to me about so many of these types of killers have eyes that are noticeably protruding and noticeably strange.

Joe Holmes, Adam Lanza, this case, etc.

I found someone discussing about this so other people have noticed too. Ive never seen anything proven about it though and the hard part is we can never say all people that have large eyes are going to be killers. Its not always the case. But it does seem the opposite is true a lot of the times that a lot of the killers have large eyes.

Maybe combined with other signs of narcism and other things maybe the eyes will help identify them in the future though to help prevent the next mass killing. It would have to be used along with other signs.

I have found various articles about this but never any official doctor diagnosis or anything.

http://beforeitsnews.com/health/201...-do-mass-murderers-look-the-same-2462266.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73
Back