GUILTY OK - Jaymie Adams, 25, Blanchard, 9 Dec 2011

WOW! This is the craziest thing I have ever seen. What about Joseph?

I just started reading about this today. I got to today's post and I am just blown away, so this guy is free to walk the streets?

WOW! This is the craziest thing I have ever seen. What about Joseph?

The headline is misleading...he pleaded guilty to 2 counts of manslaughter for soliciting her on Craigslist, not for the actual murders. I assume Joseph will still go to trial for the murders. IMO

The headline is misleading...he pleaded guilty to 2 counts of manslaughter for soliciting her on Craigslist, not for the actual murders. I assume Joseph will still go to trial for the murders. IMO

ok, that makes more sense. I am still reading, there is a lot of posts to read.

The charges carry a 10-year sentence with at least six months of jail time, but Adams was released for time he already served.
Well, thank God, I was about to lose faith in justice here for a moment when I heard he got 10 years. I remember him getting quite some rough treatment back then, more than enough for his "involvement" IMO.

I think it's fair. He got credit for time already spent, so is on probation. If he didn't actually murder her, and it's only a manslaughter charge because of the prostitution, then it's fair. They both prostituted themselves and they both took part in it. They both put themselves in extremely dangerous & vulnerable positions. Not at all saying she deserved any of this, no one does, but he doesn't deserve to spend anymore time behind bars. Good call pleading guilty.

He didn't trust the system so he went against his lawyer so he went with the plea bargain. so he will got get any life insurance or be able to pay back his family or even his son. its his family that's going to suffer paying all that to support him.

They continued again to March 5 according to on demand court records.

Any updates on Joseph's trial? IT was supposed to start today. I'll check the court records if anyone doesn't know offhand.

Joseph Cyr's preliminary trial began at 11 am Wednesday.

The state called several witnesses including the man who discovered Jaymie Adams' body in January 2012 while riding 4-wheelers near Lake Stanley Draper. The witness described the body as being out in the open and said it was difficult to tell if the body was a man or woman. He also testified that she was wearing a white hoodie and her pants were missing.

The second witness called was Justin Adams, Jaymie's husband. The couple was allegedly involved in an online prostitution that ultimately led to her murder. Prosecutors alleged he got her killed by posting ads for sex with his wife on Craigslist.

During Adams' testimony, he revealed the intimate details of the couple's prostitution activities on Craigslist. Adams claimed he typically went with his wife to meet clients for safety reasons. However, he testified the night of her disappearance was an exception.

Cyr's trial date is set for April 16. (One article I read said it is a pretrial hearing, this one says trial. I'm trying to verify which it is but the Oklahoma Courts website isn't loading right now.)

http://www.news9.com/story/24893873/preliminary-hearing-in-adams-murder-case-begins-for-joseph-cyr

Lets not forget her still living children while 2 are doing well, one was last seen dirty and covered in bruises. he's living in a hole filled trailer with a child molester. calls to dhs still has not removed the child from the situation. I don't know if he's old enough for school yet but I hope some one else that knows him can add to the voices.

Interestingly there are 3 conflicting accounts of what Jaymie Adams was wearing:

1. Justin said his wife was wearing a zip-up brown jacket, black and white checkered shirt, dark blue jeans and white Nikes with a pink swoosh when she left their home to meet clients.

2. The witness who discovered Jaymie’s remains testified that she was wearing a white hoodie and her pants were missing.

3. Her autopsy report states, "the decedent was received wearing a cream color “Old Navy” brand coat."
It does not say she was wearing any clothing under the coat.

I can't find whether Joseph had his trial yet..anyone have much better luck?

No. I keep looking for updates but nothing has been reported on this case in MSM since March of 2014 when Joseph Cyr, a Choctaw man accused of murdering Jaymie Adams and her unborn child, was ordered to face trial.

Legally, how long can Joseph Cyr be held over for trial? It's been 8 months since he was ordered to face trial.

This seems to be the latest information.

Event Party Docket Reporter
Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM
PRELIMINARY HEARING CONFERENCE(PRELIMC) CYR, JOSEPH RICHARD D. Fred Doak
Monday, July 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM
PRELIMINARY HEARING (X2)(PLN) CYR, JOSEPH RICHARD D. Fred Doak
Monday, August 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM
PRELIMINARY HEARING CONFERENCE X 2(PRELIMC) CYR, JOSEPH RICHARD D. Fred Doak
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM
PRELIMINARY HEARING(PLH) CYR, JOSEPH RICHARD D. Fred Doak
Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
PRELIMINARY HEARING X 2 (FIRST UP)(PLH) CYR, JOSEPH RICHARD D. Fred Doak
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM
PRELIMINARY HEARING(PLH) CYR, JOSEPH RICHARD D. Fred Doak
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 13:30 PM
PRETRIAL CONFERENCE (PTC) CYR, JOSEPH RICHARD Cindy H. Truong
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 9:00 AM
MOTION HEARING(MOT) CYR, JOSEPH RICHARD Cindy H. Truong
Friday, December 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM
CALL DOCKET- TRIAL(CDT) CYR, JOSEPH RICHARD Cindy H. Truong
Monday, December 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM
JURY TRIAL (ISSUE)(JTI) CYR, JOSEPH RICHARD Cindy H. Truong

http://www.oscn.net/applications/os...CLOSEDH=&iDCType=0&iYear=&iNumber=&icitation=

A cording to OSCN the new trial date is Friday may 15th call docket Monday may 18th jury trial

I heard he has like 4 kids I feel sorry for them can you imagine growing up knowing your dad did this omg

http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=044-&casekey=044-FP++1100028 QUOTE=Dillpickle;11254263]I heard he has like 4 kids I feel sorry for them can you imagine growing up knowing your dad did this omg[/QUOTE]

He has 3 by 3 different women. I know his oldest was DNA verified. His youngest is my daughter and I was not out catting around as he was. I wish...oh how I wish there was a chance my daughter was someone else. Its funny you mention a 4th. You must be someone who knows Joe bc not many people know about the 4th that he swears up and down is not his. It has never been verified bin courtin DNA that she is his. You can see on the docket of the paternity case that they declared him the father by default because he did not show up in court due to improper service and him being unaware of the hearing date. The judgement was vacated so he is not legally the father of the 4th until a DNA test is done.

Personally if I were the mother of that child I would be dropping that case and making sure my child had no ties to him whatsoever.

I cannot say as to whether or not he did it. I do not know the entire course of events that evening. I do know that he will have some explaining to do. I left him because he cheated on me
Not just with Jaymie but he was answering CL ads the entire time we were togther and I never knew until he got picked up and had his phone. Fool me once...shame on you. Fool me twice...you don't belong in my life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back