Identified! OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80 Tamara Tigard

Hollow said:
I don't know much about firearms, except for they hurt my ears. I found it odd that she was shot three times in the chest only. She didn't turn, or put her hands up, or try to run, unless the first shot killed her. I wonder how fast one is able to fire this particular gun???
One shot from a .45 to the chest would be fatal. Three is definitely overkill. Rapidity of fire is of no consequence, but each shot would have required at least a separate trigger pull (if double action) or thumb cocking and a trigger pull for each shot (double or single action). Most revolvers chambered for the .45 Long Colt cartridge were of the single action type, but Smith and Wesson made a model 44 chambered for .45 Colt from 1915 to 1937.

I wonder how Law Enforcement was able to determine that it was in fact a .45 revolver which was used. They must have found one of the slugs in her body to have made that determination. The .45 is so powerful, that under most circumstances the slugs would have gone completely though her. Perhaps the one which hit the dime in her pocket was deflected or slowed and remained in her body. Revolver bullets are normally made of soft lead, wheras bullets fired from an automatic pistol are usually copper jacketed.

I also thought it was odd that she was shot in the chest, and the dime was lodged in her body, so I take it the dime must have been in a shirt pocket?? I wondered if this was a sexual attack or her clothing were removed to further erase her identity.

Kristy Booth and April Zane have both been submitted to doenetwork and the potential match panel voted to submit them to LE. There's no info on whether they were ruled out or not.

Hollow said:
I also thought it was odd that she was shot in the chest, and the dime was lodged in her body, so I take it the dime must have been in a shirt pocket?? I wondered if this was a sexual attack or her clothing were removed to further erase her identity.
Given the information, it sounds like that would be the most likely conclusion. If so, then there might possibly have been bits of cloth in the wound tracks as well. It is also possible that the dime was part of a belt buckle, pin, or pendant worn by Kristy.

Another possibility is that she held her purse or wallet in her hand and that she put it out in a protective manner.

A much more remote possiblilty is that her killer placed the dime on her in some manner to use as a target.

Paradise said:
Kristy Booth and April Zane have both been submitted to doenetwork and the potential match panel voted to submit them to LE. There's no info on whether they were ruled out or not.
Information on Kristy Lynn Booth possibly matching the unknown girl in Oklahoma has also been passed on to the Texas Rangers and to Midland Police.

Probably stating the obvious, by now, but Rankin Highway (where Kristy's car was found) is in Midland Texas where she was from.

Hollow said:
Probably stating the obvious, by now, but Rankin Highway (where Kristy's car was found) is in Midland Texas where she was from.
Beyond the brief descriptions in the links, I could not find much information about Ms. Booth. Kristy's car, a 1975 Pacer, was found in Midland, Texas, but I am not certain that is where she lived. Two links say that she disappeared from Midland, but neither state her actual place of residence.

If anyone can find more information about her, it might provide valuable clues.

Ok, this is all I found so far

Kristy L. Booth

D.O.B : 26 Dec. 1960

Mothers maiden name: Lightsey

Birth County: Orange, California

I wonder if the following person might have been a relative of Kristy. Perhaps a search for an obituary might confirm it and indicate other relatives.
The Social Security Death index lists:

Dorothy L. Booth, born 3 Sep 1915, died 22 May 2001. She had a social security number issued by the state of California, and her last residence was Midland (Midland County) Texas. Could this woman be Kristy's mother or perhaps her aunt or grandmother?

Wow!!! The heighth and weight aren't that far off either.

I have contacted the Placer County Sheriffs alerting them to the OK Jane Doe possibly being Alma Root. I spoke to the original investigating officer (rare in a 26 year old case) who was very excited. She knew the details of the case off the top of her head and said that they were not aware of the OK Jane Doe.

I also have a call into the OK Bureau of Investigation and am waiting for a return phone call.

I will let you know what I find out.

Placer Co. has been in contact with OK concerning the possible match. Both agencies are looking into it.

I must state this: it is a pleasure to deal with two agencies that are aggressively persuing this. My hat is off to both agencies!

I have only been able to find the most basic information concerning this Jane Doe. Does anyone know the estimated date of death? I am curious what state the body was in after being exposed to the elements and covered with lime (and what LE had to work with to compose their reconstruction picture).

Dr. Doogie said:
I have only been able to find the most basic information concerning this Jane Doe. Does anyone know the estimated date of death? I am curious what state the body was in after being exposed to the elements and covered with lime (and what LE had to work with to compose their reconstruction picture).
Hold on Doogie, I'm lookin.:angel:

Hollow said:
Hold on Doogie, I'm lookin.:angel:
I can't find anything that estimates her time of death. Please note that her eye color has not been listed so she was not pristine when they found her. I'll look more. I also found another woman missing from that area, who's car was found with blood all over it and lime powder on her car. Also, I was just now looking at an unidentified woman found nude, shot six times in the head in same area in 76'.

Hollow said:
I can't find anything that estimates her time of death. Please note that her eye color has not been listed so she was not pristine when they found her. I'll look more. I also found another woman missing from that area, who's car was found with blood all over it and lime powder on her car. Also, I was just now looking at an unidentified woman found nude, shot six times in the head in same area in 76'.
Interesting...

I have not heard any info back from LE concerning Alma Root, other than that they are comparing details of both cases. I do not know how long this process will take.

Here's a little more info on Kristy:

Ms. Booth has pierced ears and a birthmark on the right side of her stomach. She was last seen wearing a white button down blouse, pink vest and blue jeans. Ms. Booth was not wearing shoes when she disappeared. Her 1975 maroon and white AMC Pacer was found abandoned approx. 1.5 miles south of I-20 on SH349 (Rankin Hwy).
http://www.odessacrimestoppers.org/missing_persons.htm

I would say from the following that she did, indeed, live in Midland:

Details of Disappearance
Booth was last seen at her home in Midland, Texas on February 2, 1980. Her maroon and white 1975 AMC Pacer was located approximately one to one and a half miles south of Highway 20 on SH 349 (Rankin Highway) shortly after she was last seen. The vehicle was abandoned and there was no sign of Booth. Foul play is suspected in her case.
http://charleyproject.org/cases/b/booth_kristy.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav